Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Good to see Soro & Welsh back in the side
    https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1362080665810960384?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great finish from Turnbull to make it 1-0

https://twitter.com/celtic_goals/status/1362104276290568194

Great finish alright

Finished 1-0 but Celtic were very deep the last 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Clinging on at the end again.

I’ll never tire of saying it though, Ajer is a class act. Will be a shame if/when he leaves the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

5 wins in a row. Too little too late for this season but at least back to winning games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I’ll never tire of saying it though, Ajer is a class act. Will be a shame if/when he leaves the club.

On the money with Ajer. Man of the match last night and player of the season for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭maniac2003

They'll probably cash in on him in the summer unfortunately. I'd hope he would be in the 30-40M bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

• Advertisement

Tonight’s team, Bain, Taylor, Brown, Turnbull, Kenny, Christie, Rogic, Edouard, Ajer, McGregor, Welsh.

Subs, Hazard, Griffiths, Ajeti, Klimala, Soro, Elyounoussi, Henderson, Ralston, Laxalt.

Taylor off injured, Laxalt on

What a miss from Christie, puts it out of the ground from 8 yards...

What a miss from Christie, puts it out of the ground from 8 yards...

3 strikers on the bench and Christie up front, what could go wrong....
    https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1363582306267586568?s=19

RoryMac wrote: »
    3 strikers on the bench and Christie up front, what could go wrong....
    https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1363582306267586568?s=19

One of the most frustrating players I can remember. Bags of talent but a head wrecker.

Why is that fat cnut Boyd still on our games? Should be chased from Celtic games.

‘Mon Griff. Fcuking give us something to shout about.

• Advertisement

FFS embarrassing

Freekick to Ross County

Sky 'What an opportunity for the bottom club'

Bang, Ross County 1-0 Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

FFS embarrassing

I would say this could be Lennon's Mowbray vs St Mirren moment, but he's already had about 6 of those this season.

'Ross County have 2 home wins all season and 6 overall and are leading Celtic'... Sky Sports commentator

Why are we not surprised it is Celtic that fell here?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Sums up the season really. RC with the measure of Celtic again. We are utterly predictable. Honestly couldn't care less who goes now, there are no standouts that I'd want to keep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

2 sitters missed. Jesus wept.

Get the fcuk Celtic!!! 20/21 can fcuk off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Gone past getting angry at this stage.

Can't even be arsed complaining at this stage, manager and players should be ashamed of themselves

If Lenny has any professional pride at all he has to resign. Even the commentator called us a “shambles”.

If Lenny has any professional pride at all he has to resign. Even the commentator called us a “shambles”.

Yeah how he puts himself through this every week when it's obvious for months that he's way out of his depth but the real responsibility lies with the board. He should have gone in November.

Put the bus driver in charge till the end of the season, couldn't do a worse job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

To be honest I'm done complaining about this team, it's pointless at this stage.

It's not Neil Lennon's fault he's still there. He's probably not going to get another job that pays as good as this so he may as well see it out to the end or paid off.

It's dereliction of duty by the board, and absolutely nothing else.

Having the world in lockdown means they don't have to face the fans directly so are quite happy to continue with the status quo.

Lennon trolling us at this stage, "we didn't play badly", "in total control"????

Just watched his post match interview. What a disgrace he is. He doesn't look like a man worried about getting fired any time soon

I've stopped listening to post-match interviews, complete waste of time. We could be beaten 10 nil and Lenny would come out with the same ****e.

• Advertisement

Just watched his post match interview. What a disgrace he is. He doesn't look like a man worried about getting fired any time soon

I can't imagine any scenario that has him keeping his job and I'm sure he knows it but I see quotes from him after the game to BBC Scotland along the lines of there's a major rebuild required in the summer and he's the man to do it.

At present there's a 31 point turnaround between last season and this! That's unbelievable considering the squad we have and the majority of the blame for that falls on Lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

Lennon trolling us at this stage, "we didn't play badly", "in total control"????

It's a joke at this stagd

Lenny should have been sacked in November. Pointless at this stage, we’ll win a few and finish 2nd but there will be more disasters like Sunday evening as well. He should resign but says he won’t so the board should sack him but with Lawwell declaring he’s leaving there’s no one at all at the wheel it seems.

What’s the story with the Scottish Cup this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Lenny should have been sacked in November. Pointless at this stage, we’ll win a few and finish 2nd but there will be more disasters like Sunday evening as well. He should resign but says he won’t so the board should sack him but with Lawwell declaring he’s leaving there’s no one at all at the wheel it seems.

Along with the lower leagues it is suspended for now because of the pandemic situation. I imagine it will be played though once the numbers get better maybe April and May. We have ( thankfully) only 8 league games left to play so it should not be too big a deal to get the cup games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

TheCitizen wrote: »

You can't be serious, you were here mocking people who wanted him sacked in November and telling us he is the man!!

US2 wrote: »
    You can't be serious, you were here mocking people who wanted him sacked in November and telling us he is the man!!

Nope. Every manager has a shelf life and he intimated himself that he expected to be sacked after the Ross County League Cup exit November 29th. I took an enforced sabbatical there so I wasn't mocking anyone who wanted him sacked back then.

It's about timing. The second defeat to Sparta 4-1 it was obvious that the players weren't playing for him and it needed to be changed then. That was the time to change manager and bring someone in with a short term remit to get back in the title race but the board didn't try. It makes no difference now, the league is definitely gone, back then was the time to act.

Strong rumours on twitter that Lennon is gone in the morning.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Confirmed this morning he has "resigned" with immediate effect

• Advertisement

Finally. Hope staff gone with him?

Kennedy caretaker for fuk sake

5 months too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Every silver lining has a cloud.

:D I'm nicking that!

Sorry it has had to come to this, I've no doubt Lenny loves the club but it all went very badly wrong in the end and he should have been gone months ago. The board are responsible there.

Hope he takes a break and gets his head right, and enjoys being a club legend again.

Says a lot about our board that it looks like they waited for Lennon to be forced into resigning rather than sacking him, they knew he was done months ago but stuck with it to save money

• Advertisement

What did you expect to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Kennedy is 3/2 to take over on a full time basis. Although there is money coming Rafa is the most popular bet at the minute.

What's needed is a manger who players want to come and play for. Kennedy is not that manager. Rafa or even Lampard at this stage will attract young players to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

piplip87 wrote: »
    Kennedy is 3/2 to take over on a full time basis. Although there is money coming Rafa is the most popular bet at the minute.

What's needed is a manger who players want to come and play for. Kennedy is not that manager. Rafa or even Lampard at this stage will attract young players to come.

Jesus not Lampard. AVB would be a decent shout but not sure the board would go for someone vocal like him. Rafa would be relatively big money, Eddie Howe maybe? Although he has an awful record in the transfer market.

Not sure where they'll go to be honest.

piplip87 wrote: »

Not a chance Kennedy gets the job, I hope they show ambition and at least approach good managers that are or will be available in the summer. Nothing to lose by at least approaching Rafa & Martinez but if I was putting money on it I'd back Steve Clarke to get it after the Euros

Not a chance Kennedy gets the job, I hope they show ambition and at least approach good managers that are or will be available in the summer. Nothing to lose by at least approaching Rafa & Martinez but if I was putting money on it I'd back Steve Clarke to get it after the Euros

Hopefully the new CEO comes in and some ambition with it. However it Wouldn’t surprise me if Kennedy wasn’t manager at the start of next season.

It could explain why Lenny was left in charge after November, perhaps they didn’t want to throw Kennedy in at the deep end and Lennon stayed on took all the flak and then Kennedy comes in to take over when the league race is over and the pressure is off. So Kennedy comes in to take charge of the dead rubber games and if he does reasonably well they appoint him permanently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement