Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Roy Keane. This should be interesting. I predict 10 in a row for Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The most successful Celtic player of all time I presume? Hopefully still gets the send off he deserves when he returns to a parkhead with Aberdeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

US2 wrote: »
    The most successful Celtic player of all time I presume? Hopefully still gets the send off he deserves when he returns to a parkhead with Aberdeen

Bobby Lennox a few ahead if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Just heard a stat that Scott Brown won a trophy on average every 28 games while at Celtic which is an unbelievable achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Keano Keano! It would be amazing for the Scottish league if Roy gets the nod. For the profile of the Scottish game it would be absolutely fantastic. Keano and Stevie G squaring up to each other! I really hope it happens. Roy definitely has a point or two to prove. This is exactly what the Scottish game needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Brewster wrote: »
    Keano and Stevie G squaring up to each other!
    Great for one team in the Scottish league, not so great for the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

US2 wrote: »

Up there but not quite. Scott Brown has 22 trophies so far as a Celtic player. Billy McNeil had 22 and that Champions League thingy:) for 23 total. So we need to win the cup for Brown to draw level with McNeil.

Great for one team in the Scottish league, not so great for the other.

Not sure I understand your point Francie, do you think Keane would be a failure or do you think he’d be a success? There is always risk with any managerial appointment, the appointment of Gerrard to Rangers was as risky as they come.

I think this is exactly the sort of appointment that Celtic need. He understands the club, knows what it is all about, needs to prove himself to some doubters. He will be well motivated to succeed and will enjoy the battle with Stevie G. It’s going to take a big character to take on this challenge and there are none bigger than Roy. I also think commercially it would be very good for Celtic and league. Celtic will have a rebuild ahead of them, should players leave in summer, and Roy would need to be given full backing by Celtic board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not sure I understand your point Francie, do you think Keane would be a failure or do you think he’d be a success? There is always risk with any managerial appointment, the appointment of Gerrard to Rangers was as risky as they come.
    Gerrard was definitely an unknown quantity, the opposite is true of Keane. Other than his first season with Sunderland, his managerial record is very mediocre. If you ignored the fact that he's Roy Keane, it wouldn't be good enough to merit being linked with Celtic.
    He understands the club, knows what it is all about, needs to prove himself to some doubters. He will be well motivated to succeed and will enjoy the battle with Stevie G. It’s going to take a big character to take on this challenge and there are none bigger than Roy. I also think commercially it would be very good for Celtic and league. Celtic will have a rebuild ahead of them, should players leave in summer, and Roy would need to be given full backing by Celtic board.
    No one understood the club more than Lennon, and look how that turned out? Also would you trust Keane to do a rebuilding job? His signings at Sunderland and Ipswich were all pretty awful, mostly signing lads he knew that were coming to an end in their career.

I think it's pretty clear that Eddie Howe is the right man for Celtic, if they can get him. He's not going to cut and run at the first sign of trouble. He will get Celtic playing in the way a top team in the league should play. He's more tactically astute than Keane, and could make the difference in the Old Firm games, I'd be more confident of him getting the best of Celtic in Europe too.

Gerrard was definitely an unknown quantity, the opposite is true of Keane. Other than his first season with Sunderland, his managerial record is very mediocre. If you ignored the fact that he's Roy Keane, it wouldn't be good enough to merit being linked with Celtic.

No one understood the club more than Lennon, and look how that turned out? Also would you trust Keane to do a rebuilding job? His signings at Sunderland and Ipswich were all pretty awful, mostly signing lads he knew that were coming to an end in their career.

I think it's pretty clear that Eddie Howe is the right man for Celtic, if they can get him. He's not going to cut and run at the first sign of trouble. He will get Celtic playing in the way a top team in the league should play. He's more tactically astute than Keane, and could make the difference in the Old Firm games, I'd be more confident of him getting the best of Celtic in Europe too.

I think Roy Keane of today is a different manager when compared to 10 years ago. Martin O’Neill knows him well and he says he is absolutely ready for a big job again. Martin is someone that knows his football and is respected by all Celtic fans. Lenny did a great job and I believe was let down by the board, sometimes these things happen. Rangers exerted massive pressure and eventually the pressure of delivering the 10 got to everyone at the club, Lenny included. The fact that he knew what the club was about was not the reason for failure. Bringing in an outsider that knows nothing about Celtic is an equally big a risk. Remember, it’s not like a Celtic have their pick of the games great managers just now.

• Advertisement

I think Roy Keane of today is a different manager when compared to 10 years ago.

There's no evidence of that, in fact the opposite seems to be true and his attitude with players in the Irish squad looking like it played a big part in things going sour for MoN's time in charge.

As much a legend as MoN is at Celtic I don't think his opinion on who would be a good fit for the job counts for much, him and Keane both look to be managers that football has passed by

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Eddie Howe is odds on now:

Eddie Howe - 4/9
    John Kennedy - 3/1
    Roy Keane - 5/1
    Enzo Maresca - 14/1
    Leonardo Jardim - 20/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/celtic/next-permanent-manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Eddie Howe is odds on now:

Eddie Howe - 4/9
    John Kennedy - 3/1
    Roy Keane - 5/1
    Enzo Maresca - 14/1
    Leonardo Jardim - 20/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/celtic/next-permanent-manager

Hopefully he is the best man for the job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

eire4 wrote: »
    Up there but not quite. Scott Brown has 22 trophies so far as a Celtic player. Billy McNeil had 22 and that Champions League thingy:) for 23 total. So we need to win the cup for Brown to draw level with McNeil.

Bobby Lennox has 25 titles, incl a European Cup

Is it too early to get excited about Howe being our manager??

Would be a great appointment IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

RoryMac wrote: »

Really would be brilliant .He is an excellent coach with the accolades to prove it. His downfall was when he started spending big on players, he wont be doing that here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Yeah he is a good coach and will be good appointment. His defences can be suspect and he let a now England international in Mings go. But to keep a side like Bournemouth in the PL for 5 years and he has an excellent track regard in the lower leagues with multiple promotions. I think it could be a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Scottish cup special.

https://youtu.be/7t-G_KyETzM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Advertisement

Looks a done deal it seems. I was hoping Roy was going to get it for Keane- Gerrard factor. But that’s easy for me to say as an outsider. It looks like Howe was the best available to Celtic, so fair play to them, they have got their number 1 choice. Desmond usually gets his man. It’s miles away from Bournemouth managing Celtic, everyone needs to remember this too. The fans will need to give him time, no guarantee of instant success. A lot will depend on what sort of squad Celtic will have available to them next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Heading to Ibrox in the Scottish Cup. Presuming they'll take care of Cove Rangers later on

Forrest makes it 1-0 against Livingston

https://twitter.com/GoalsCelticv4/status/1380891984018149383

OG makes it 3-0

https://twitter.com/GoalsCelticv4/status/1380901661577723906

Elyounoussi cracker to make it 4-0

https://twitter.com/GoalsCelticv4/status/1380902427419934722

Forrest went off injured, hopefully precautionary

Elyounoussi scores the 5th after a brilliant run from Ajer

https://twitter.com/GoalsCelticv4/status/1380905616160534534

• Advertisement

Finished 6-0 with Christie scoring the 6th

https://twitter.com/GoalsCelticv4/status/1380910785782747139

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Obviously a really brilliant performance this weekend. The key for me was the width we had in the team finally with Forrest excellent and him and Ely really opening things up for us in the final third. Lets hope Forrest is ok for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Re the Lenny video wells said by Jamie O'Hara on Twitter.

Jamie Ohara
    @Mrjamieohara1
    If you get a phone out to record someone who’s clearly in a bit of bother instead of helping them, then your the wanker, society has gone and everyone is just ready to try and make a name for themselves off someone else’s troubles, makes me sick, #NeilLennon

Team for today, Forrest out is a big blow

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1383763616478863364?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What station is this on?

I have iptv.

Edit: Found it on Premier sports.

• Advertisement

Kenny asleep at the back post

One down, sloppy from Celtic especially McGregot in losing the ball

What a miss from Welsh

What a miss from Welsh

Unbelievable miss

Rubbish, two down

We're so poor, absolutely shocking defensively and nothing going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

We're so poor, absolutely shocking defensively and nothing going forward

So flat...Kenny having a mare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Get this fecking season in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Hope this puts to bed any chance of us signing Kenny and laxalt permanently. Dog **** both of them

Turnbull the only trying to make something happen. Rest of them anonymous

• Advertisement

Hope this puts to bed any chance of us signing Kenny and laxalt permanently. Dog **** both of them

Nearly every time Kenny touches the ball he's in the exact same place and he immediately passes it back to one of the CBs. Can't defend either. Pointless player.

Good to see us passing the ball around the back going nowhere. Refreshing

And any chance of Kennedy getting the job

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Snooker is on lads, just saying ;)

PauloMN wrote: »
    Snooker is on lads, just saying ;)

If I hadn't paid for a now TV pass for this it would have been off long ago.

I did not think this Celtic team could go any lower but that was painful. The fundamentals of football look alien to this team

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I did not think this Celtic team could go any lower but that was painful. The fundamentals of football look alien to this team

I can't watch it, not because of scores but because it's clear that some (most) of that current team just don't give a ****. Far too many loan players and poor attitude, a legacy of Lennon being left in his role for too long.

This should be Edouard's last game starting for us imo, rest of the games this season should be used to see if Ajeti can make the grade or Griff has enough left to get a contract extension

Another glorious miss this time from Edouard

• Advertisement

Jaysus how many clear cut chances do.we need, shocking touch from Moi

Advertisement