Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Another gloriuous chance, this time from Elyounoussi with a terrible touch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Knew he'd miss that, lazy penalty

Peno missed by Edouard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RoryMac wrote: »

Getting fed up with him at this stage. Should have let Griffiths take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

RoryMac wrote: »

He is the epitome of everything that is wrong at the club right now, so far up his own hole and fcuk all to back it up with.

• Advertisement

Have I missed a rule change, why was Aribo not sent off for pushing Griffiths that lead to the peno?

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He is the epitome of everything that is wrong at the club right now, so far up his own hole and fcuk all to back it up with.

Done himself no favours this season for getting a decent move, can't see who will want to stump up decent money for him off the back of this season.

He'll end up somewhere like Newcastle or a newly promoted EPL club

Celtic certainly had the chances to draw or even win that game, so meekly given up is the biggest frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

We're a shambles.

Some job whoever takes over to rebuild the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hard luck Bhoys. I thought Celtic gave it a real go in second half, in first half they were miles off it and Rangers deserved their advantage. You have to take your changes in these game. While we all know McGregor is amazing, it was a poor penalty from Odsonne. It looks now that Odsonne is finished at Celtic, his body language is all wrong. The only problem is he is doing himself no favours in getting the move he wants. It is really disappointing how it has ended for him at Celtic. I felt sorry for Broony too. Look Celtic have a hell of a job on their hands, Rangers have taken on the challenge and raised the bar in terms of their performances and consistency this season. Kennedy’s words about being best team etc will have been used as Stevie G’s team talk today. Also,
    Laxalt needs to go back to Milan ASAP in my view, was out of his depth today.

• Advertisement

Celtic certainly had the chances to draw or even win that game, so meekly given up is the biggest frustration

I don’t think you could question the effort of most of the Celtic team today. They just lacked confidence, which is understandable given with what has happened this season. Celtic gave it a right good go in my view, they created more chances overall I’d say. One player I would question is Odsonne, just hasn’t been at it this season and it looks like he is counting down the days until he leaves. Wouldn’t surprise me if his agent has a move lined up as he is playing like he doesn’t want to get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Sadly your right there. In many ways pretty much a re run of the previous 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Anyone know how this new champions league format will affect Scottish clubs ? Its been expanded to 36 teams and the group stages are no more, it'll just be 1 league from 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

US2 wrote: »
    Anyone know how this new champions league format will affect Scottish clubs ? Its been expanded to 36 teams and the group stages are no more, it'll just be 1 league from 2023

Scottish champions next season will go straight into the CL. Second place goes into qualifiers

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Scottish champions next season will go straight into the CL. Second place goes into qualifiers

Correct, Rangers run in the Europa ultimately managed to win the automatic place for Scotland. There is clearly a big incentive for Celtic and Rangers to win next years SPL. I can’t remember the last time that the SPL winners went straight into the group stages? It’s a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

90th minute goal from Griffiths finished 1-1 away to Aberdeen

Last action of the game results in an equaliser. Very flat again

Kimala gone to New York red bulls on permanent transfer. Never really got a chance not sure if he was good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Kimala gone to New York red bulls on permanent transfer. Never really got a chance not sure if he was good enough.

Considering how little he played for us the fact we recouped the 3.5m we paid for him is a miracle. Personally even though he did not play much he never looked good enough to be a front line striker for us so especially considering the money New York offered seems like a no brainer of a deal for all us and for Klimala.

Desperately need to sort out our basic defending

https://twitter.com/BhoysAnalytics/status/1385254239098781698

• Advertisement

St Johnstone on for the double brilliant.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

St Johnstone on for the double brilliant.

Just goes to show what an incredible achievement a domestic treble is, let alone 4 of them in a row.

No sign of Brewster today - must be minding the kids or maybe there is a Rugby match on :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

No sign of Brewster today - must be minding the kids or maybe there is a Rugby match on :D:D:D

Why would he be on here you got put out in the last round

Wow 8 mins is all it took for you to take the bait, how many accounts do you have??

Wow 8 mins is all it took for you to take the bait, how many accounts do you have??

Bait wow dream on

Hold on you seriously think I am Brewster lol

He was on here within an hour of Celtic getting knocked out funnily enough!

Well you carry on thinking whatever you like. I still have to ask why would he come on here when you lot got knocked in the last round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well you carry on thinking whatever you like. I still have to ask why would he come on here when you lot got knocked in the last round

I would have thought a neutral with a keen interest in the Scottish game would have had some thoughts on Rangers getting put out of the cup by St. Johnstone - it's fairly big news after all.

I would have thought a neutral with a keen interest in the Scottish game would have had some thoughts on Rangers getting put out of the cup by St. Johnstone - it's fairly big news after all.

You may be correct but the other fella thinking I am Brewster is hilarious. And surely Brewster would put it in the Rangers thread as it has nothing to do with Celtic

You may be correct but the other fella thinking I am Brewster is hilarious. And surely Brewster would put it in the Rangers thread as it has nothing to do with Celtic

You would think so wouldn't you!

You may have missed the point here.

Why do you assume I am a 'fella' btw??

You would think so wouldn't you!

You may have missed the point here.

Why do you assume I am a 'fella' btw??

Oh my you all offended

Missed no point you jumped to a conclusion that was so wide of the mark

And yes I would say in a game that had absolutely nothing to do with Celtic but lots to do with Rangers he would put it in the Rangers thread presuming he is a he

Oh my you all offended

Missed no point you jumped to a conclusion that was so wide of the mark

And yes I would say in a game that had absolutely nothing to do with Celtic but lots to do with Rangers he would put it in the Rangers thread presuming he is a he

Well what are you doing here so, getting your knickers all in a twist :D

Well what are you doing here so, getting your knickers all in a twist :D

Knickers in a twist my my just a wee bit deluded. All I did was as a question which to be honest seemed to get you all upset to the point you you made out I was someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Broxi is Brewster?? ha ha ah come on ffs :D

It was a joke - obviously not a very funny one but a joke none the less.

My apologies Broxi and to be fair I acknowledge that you have always contributed in this thread in an honest and fair manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

John Kennedy saying there is no truth in the speculation about him being in for the DoF role at Celtic.

Sounds like the Scottish media at it again.

I disappear for a few days and all hell breaks loose! Accusations of dual accounts the works!! 😂 I watched the Celtic Rangers cup tie, I DIDN'T see Rangers St Johnstone game. Sunday dinner time kick off was it? I think St Johnstone have had a fantastic season, good luck to them. I’ll watch game tomorrow, but a bit of a non event? Or will Celtic be motivated to end Rangers invincible league campaign to date?

There is only one Brewster!! ;)

• Advertisement

I watched the game - For crying out loud. Ridiculous stuff. I shouldn’t respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Forrest starting should help us give them a game, expecting a big game from Brown

Idiotic from McGregor picking up a 2nd yellow in the lead up to their goal.

Edouard gets us back level

Our defence is absolutely shocking

Ajer ducking was pathetic

Ajer ducking was pathetic

As was Brown's attempt to cut out the run

Terrible miss from Turnbull