Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Of course they would and in the current climate, they would be wrong as well... another 1-2 month lock down coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Obsessed!! :pac:

Thankfully I'm well over losing this title, not like helicopter Sunday! It's actually pretty poor that they have no cups this season considering how awful we have been.

Today just highlighted the problems we have again. 73% possession, 17 shots, 9 on target and no goals. That's been our problem all season long. Whatever the new manager does, we simply have to address the lack of goals first and foremost. We even played better in large spells v them and should have won a couple of those games, but for our inability to finish.

Obsessed give us a break the last few years on the Rangers thread show who was obsessed as for winning you didn’t that’s how football works 25 points of a difference

Of course they would and in the current climate, they would be wrong as well... another 1-2 month lock down coming up

It never happened in March there was no major rise in cases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod: please report posts from any posters that seem intent on disrupting the thread.

Mod note as included in the OP still applies, it is often better to ignore than react but please leave the prompts about use of ignore to mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Ignore list is useful for cases like this. Honestly if someone who has a "general interest" in Scottish football has not commented once on this thread - literally once - during Celtic's 9 league titles in a row AND a quadruple treble and then all of a sudden appears as soon as Celtic have a bad season, the only action is to completely ignore imo.

Unfortunately I sometimes see that person's posts when others reply, so if everyone simply ignores, the problem is gone.

As regards Brown, completely agree with the sentiments above. Next time we play Aberdeen at home with the fans back in the stadium, he should get some sort of recognition. Probably the most important player to leave the club since Larsson.

Paul, I lived out of the country for many of these years and a number of things happened during this time. Don’t always put 1 and 1 together and get 3! It’s an Internet forum. For many people with a general interest in the Scottish game, that interest would have waned. The people I enjoyed great banter with here moved on. I know very few of the posters on this thread now. I suppose this year was the first time there was a real challenge for any other team. Celtic have had an incredible run, all they could do was beat the teams in front of them. The risk now is that it goes the other way, being 25 points behind. The Scottish game needs a strong Celtic and Rangers, this hasn’t happened for a long time. Commercially it’s so important for the league. Roll on next season! I sincerely hope that Celtic can close the gap and start challenging again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Obsessed give us a break the last few years on the Rangers thread show who was obsessed as for winning you didn’t that’s how football works 25 points of a difference

What's your point caller?

What's your point caller?

Oh dear I feel your tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Now that it is close season, let us go back to April 2008 when Celtic beat Rangers 2-1 at home. The Green Brigade unfurled the following banner which is trending on twitter (the description on the banner rather than the banner itself :D)

IMG-1526.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Ignore list is useful for cases like this. Honestly if someone who has a "general interest" in Scottish football has not commented once on this thread - literally once - during Celtic's 9 league titles in a row AND a quadruple treble and then all of a sudden appears as soon as Celtic have a bad season, the only action is to completely ignore imo.

Unfortunately I sometimes see that person's posts when others reply, so if everyone simply ignores, the problem is gone.

As regards Brown, completely agree with the sentiments above. Next time we play Aberdeen at home with the fans back in the stadium, he should get some sort of recognition. Probably the most important player to leave the club since Larsson.

Agree with you on both points. Ignore is the best policy.
    With Scott Brown I think when you look at his legacy even right now it is stunning what he accomplished during his 14 years at Celtic most of which were spent as our captain. The word legend can sometimes be used with a player a bit too easily. But not in the case of Scott Brown he truly is a legend and deserves ever bit of praise he gets and then some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwells-home-24139025

Lawwells cars petrol bombed last night

Absolutely disgusting carry on by whoever did it. Hope whichever scumbag(s) are responsible get a long stretch. This is crazy carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

duffman13 wrote: »
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwells-home-24139025

Absolutely disgusting carry on by whoever did it. Hope whichever scumbag(s) are responsible get a long stretch. This is crazy carry on

Just got a text about same. Absolutely abhorrent, they could have been killed. Absolutely horrific, how could you ever understand the mindset of such individuals? It hasn’t been a good few days in Scotland, following on from shocking behaviour in Glasgow on Saturday night. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

duffman13 wrote: »

Can’t figure out the motivation behind that. Peter Lawwell is leaving the Celtic CEO position soon.

Apparently a Glasgow nightclub owner James Mortimer’s house and cars also firebombed. I have no idea if there’s any connection but strange coincidence. Crazy stuff.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Unreal, some serious damage done to the property there, and could have resulted in injury or death, no question. Hope they catch whoever did that and throw away the key. I can't understand the mentality of anyone who would do such a thing, but then again obviously whoever would do that is seriously messed up.

Who knows the thinking behind it, when you are in a position like that, you can have a multitude of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

That is absolutely disgusting, hope they find the people behind this and they throw the book at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Not that it makes it any better but I presume it was blues fans rather than our own, surly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

US2 wrote: »
    Not that it makes it any better but I presume it was blues fans rather than our own, surly ?

Given that on the same day the same happened at James Mortimer (night club owner and Rangers fan) and Alan McGregor had the same done a few months ago I'd say this is not related to football at all.

I was shocked at the damage, thought it might be some smoke damage at best but that was very close to burning the entire place down. If they ever find whoever did it attempted murder should surely be the charge ?

I think that's a pretty unfair assumption to make to be honest, especially at this point.

I think that's a pretty unfair assumption to make to be honest, especially at this point.

You're right. I should have worded it differently. I meant I doubt its celtic fans protesting against him.

You're right. I should have worded it differently. I meant I doubt its celtic fans protesting against him.

You really have no idea who’s behind it just like the rest of us. The bottom line is they are scum and have to face the full weight of the law when caught. I am just glad Mr Lawwell and his family are safe and unharmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Open mic session about the Celtic Trust.

https://celticfanzine.com/podcasts/

Rumours of a press conference from Celtic festival at 14.00 today?

• Advertisement

The longer the delay to get him signed the more likely it wouldn't happen. Bit of a disaster for the club now with the new manager being an obvious 2nd choice.

Patrick Viera getting linked with the job now?

RoryMac wrote: »
    The longer the delay to get him signed the more likely it wouldn't happen. Bit of a disaster for the club now with the new manager being an obvious 2nd choice.

Expect an announcement after May 31st.

eire4 wrote: »

Is that ticket renewal deadline?

Who is making the decisions at the moment about renewing or ending players contracts id like to know

Far too late after wasting months chasing Howe. Looks like we'll end up with Keane, Kennedy or Clarke now

• Advertisement

Is that ticket renewal deadline?

Who is making the decisions at the moment about renewing or ending players contracts id like to know

No the season ticket renewal deadline is June 25.

Other then I know that the transfer of Patrick klimala was given the nod by the new manager I do not know how involved he is already in that area but you would assume that although he is not officially in the job he will be working on what he wants to do so he can get going fairly quickly once he is on the job so to speak.

Far too late after wasting months chasing Howe. Looks like we'll end up with Keane, Kennedy or Clarke now

No we will not end up with any of those 3.

No the season ticket renewal deadline is June 25.

Other then I know that the transfer of Patrick klimala was given the nod by the new manager I do not know how involved he is already in that area but you would assume that although he is not officially in the job he will be working on what he wants to do so he can get going fairly quickly once he is on the job so to speak.

According to just about everyone on twitter fans & journos Howe has pulled out of the deal and won't be our manager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

According to just about everyone on twitter fans & journos Howe has pulled out of the deal and won't be our manager

Well if it’s on Twitter.........

Maybe they are right, I do not know. But I do know he agreed to be the new manager a few weeks ago and signed off so to speak on the sale of Klimala.

Fandymo wrote: »
    Well if it’s on Twitter.........

It seems certain to be more than just rumours, journalists usually used by Celtic to release information are saying the deal is off and we are now in advanced talks with another manager, they could be wrong but I doubt it.

It seems certain to be more than just rumours, journalists usually used by Celtic to release information are saying the deal is off and we are now in advanced talks with another manager, they could be wrong but I doubt it.

They are right about the Howe deal being off, I checked. Whether we really are in advanced talks with someone else I don't know whether that is true or just PR fire fighting given they screwed up big time.

No we will not end up with any of those 3.

You seem very sure of yourself. With the way Celtic have been run recently who knows and of those 3 it could be Kennedy, the other two may turn it down as they'd be second choice candidates.

They are right about the Howe deal being off, I checked. Whether we really are in advanced talks with someone else I don't know whether that is true or just PR fire fighting given they screwed up big time.

There should be mass changes in the board for this f**k up alone nevermind the mess they made of this season.

Not a chance of attracting a decent manager to come in to an obvious weak position as 2nd choice to Howe. If I was a betting man I'd go for Harkin in as DoF with Keane as manager. Thankfully Hibs didn't win the cup or the board would've looked to Jack Ross

Disappointed it looks like the Howe move is off, but much more disappointed at how much time has been pissed away to get to this point. We've reached peak ridicule levels now with the way the club has been run recently.

Laughing stock levels of unprofessionalism from top to bottom. You couldn't imagine a worse season if you tried. To fall from where we were to where we are now is astonishing mismanagement.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »
    You seem very sure of yourself. With the way Celtic have been run recently who knows and of those 3 it could be Kennedy, the other two may turn it down as they'd be second choice candidates.

I am pretty sure yes. Now grant it this is turning into an almighty pigs dinner on Celtic's part in terms of Howe pulling out after agreeing to take over a few weeks ago so clearly Celtic did not have him nailed down. But I am sure about 1 of the 3 you mentioned in Kennedy. The other 2? Clarke I am pretty sure is a no but don't know for certain. Keane is the only one I am not as sure about as I know he originally was Desmond's first choice but I doubt it will be him either from what I know right now.

Disappointed it looks like the Howe move is off, but much more disappointed at how much time has been pissed away to get to this point. We've reached peak ridicule levels now with the way the club has been run recently.

Laughing stock levels of unprofessionalism from top to bottom. You couldn't imagine a worse season if you tried. To fall from where we were to where we are now is astonishing mismanagement.

Wish I could disagree but your just telling it like it is there. A deal was in place with Howe weeks ago. But clearly Celtic did not have it nailed down for him to be able to walk away like this now and that is gross mismanagement on Celtic's boards part.

There should be mass changes in the board for this f**k up alone nevermind the mess they made of this season.

Not a chance of attracting a decent manager to come in to an obvious weak position as 2nd choice to Howe. If I was a betting man I'd go for Harkin in as DoF with Keane as manager. Thankfully Hibs didn't win the cup or the board would've looked to Jack Ross

Without a doubt this is gross mismanagement at the boards level for not getting Howe's deal nailed down which they clearly did not.

Without a doubt this is gross mismanagement at the boards level for not getting Howe's deal nailed down which they clearly did not.

The fact that it was going on for so long, and there was so much media speculation had me worried to be honest. But yes, if a candidate can't be tied down right away, you ensure you have a watertight agreement in place to bring them in on a certain date. If you can't do that with 100% certainty, you move on there and then. This talk of Howe wanting certain people in was always going to be a huge risk - at that point, if the Celtic board thought some part of this move was going to be too risky, they should have pulled the plug at that point and moved on.

Statement to confirm https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1398313098843467781?s=19

How did the board let it run on so long without tying up the loose ends around his backroom staff before it got to this?

Absolutely embarrassing

"we allowed time for the process"

More like "we allowed ourselves to be rode up the hole"

Joke. I've defended the board on here plenty, when others have given them unfounded (in my opinion) grief over transfer dealings. This however is a whole different world of incompetence. They couldn't have messed this one up any more than they have.

I really can't see past Desmond stepping in now and giving Keane the job probably on massive wages to make up for the embarrassment of being the obvious second choice.

I wonder did Lawwell f**k this up insisting on his sons pal Harkin from Man City being the DoF?

"we allowed time for the process"

More like "we allowed ourselves to be rode up the hole"

Joke. I've defended the board on here plenty, when others have given them unfounded (in my opinion) grief over transfer dealings. This however is a whole different world of incompetence. They couldn't have messed this one up any more than they have.

The incompetency over transfer dealings was the same thing Paolo. Dragging their heels over getting deals done like McGinn for example. Shambolic stuff. This is similar nonsense, spending ages talking to this guy Howe and then no deal at the end of it all.

• Advertisement

I really can't see past Desmond stepping in now and giving Keane the job probably on massive wages to make up for the embarrassment of being the obvious second choice.

I wonder did Lawwell f**k this up insisting on his sons pal Harkin from Man City being the DoF?

If we were going to bring Keane in we should have brought Keane in last November to try and salvage last season but again the board did nothing.

Bring him in now? I don't think he's anyone's first choice he has a checkered career in management to date to say the least, and his style of management doesn't go down well with modern players as witnessed with Ireland when he was assistant boss. We may not have much choice though, he might actually tell us to shove it. If he comes in, maybe he can get some immediate results and immediate upturn in form.

Some terrible issues at the club in relation to failure to plan properly. Lawwell there way too long is leaving one hell of a mess behind.

Advertisement