Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Was a decent performance and for me a definite improvement from the win at Aberdeen. Motherwell never looked like scoring and while we did not create a ton of chances we did easily create enough for the win. Think the final score was about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kyogo put us 1 nil up. McGregor has penalty saved few minutes later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The more I see of Jota the more I realise we won't be able to keep him after the loan. Brilliant player!

Hope we can get another goal now before we relax.

2-0 Turnbull. He tried his best to feck that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very comfortable win, should have been 5 today

Kyogo's goal - you will rarely see a better counter attacking goal

Turnball's goal - filthy as described by Sutton on BT Sport, from best on Saturday to one of the worst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great win and could've been a far bigger margin, first goal was amazing, great pass and great first touch and finish.

Need to get Jota signed up before other teams start sniffing around.

Great to see us build momentum now the squad is back near full strength

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm absolutely delighted with that win, well deserved and we're seeing some special players in Kyogo and Jota. Sublime pass from Jota for the goal.

But.... that defence is a shambles, sorry. So sloppy so often, Hart must be wondering WTF at times. Starfelt gives me the jitters, I've no confidence in him at all. Young Scales probably looks the best of all of them. It's unfortunate that we have three starters out injured, but that defence will concede goals against better opposition in Europe and domestically.

Hoping Julien will be back soon.

50k fans in on a Tuesday afternoon is brilliant to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Why was the game at 3.30 on a tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I thought it was because Rangers are at home this week and it can't clash with champions league games

• Advertisement

"Due to the COP26 climate summit taking place in Glasgow in November, neither Celtic or Rangers will be allowed to play at home on matchday four.

As a result, both sides have had to rearrange their matchday three games to been played at home.

In an additional complication, Celtic and Rangers can not play at home on the same night.

The Gers host Brondby on Thursday and consequently, Celtic will now be forced to play on Tuesday this week with an earlier kick-off time of 3.30pm due to the Champions League fixtures later that evening."

The CL clash was down to TV hence the banner from the Green Brigade at the game

I have no opinion on Scales as of yet as he has only made 2 sub appearances but from what I hear I doubt he will become an important player at Celtic. As things stand now Ange obviously has Scales behind Taylor, Montgomery and even Bolingoli when it comes to left back and he has not even played a minute at his preferred centre back position despite the fact that Starfelt and Welsh both seem quite average right now.

Overall a really good performance and has to be a massive confidence boost for the team. Even in the first have when we didn't create much I thought we were in control but the second half just got better and better as the minutes went by and we got started to really open them up. In the end they were lucky we only won 2-0 really. The Pass from Jota who was a well deserved man of the match for the first goal was sublime as was Kyogo's first touch and good finish. Nice as well to see Johnston get a little run out and he certainly looked really good too while I thought Giakoumakis looked good as well when he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Giakoumakis starts today. Juranovic also starting at left back.

Good chance today to start applying pressure on the teams above us.

1-0

First goal for Giakoumakis, nice hard cross from Ralston

2-0

Juranovic penalty

Looking better and better. The injury list is shrinking and the style of play is really starting to become apparent.

Loads of time for Ange and let’s remember, he’s still cleaning up last season’s mess.

We are still IMHO a long way off being a good side but no question yesterday was a step in the right direction. Comfortable win and much improved looking defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

You are correct we do have an option to buy and while I am not sure what the exact fee is your either correct or very close I think. For sure IMHO a deal we should absolutely should be doing. In fact I would do it in January if it could be done early.

• Advertisement

Great start 2 nil up after 15 mins another goal should finish it off.

Nice to see Scott Brown getting back amongst the goals

Good win and closing the gap even if Rangers got their customary referees decision to help them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Winning those 3 games has put us in a great position compared to a month ago, esp with the points dropped by Rangers. Finally seem to be clicking as a team again. Shore up that defence and we're in good shape. Hopefully we'll strengthen there in January.

Before those 3 away games I thought we'd be lucky to get 3 points from the 9 so to get all 9 is excellent.

I think we still need to strengthen at the back especially LB but we've still let in the fewest goals(well tied with Dundee United) and I think it's starting to come together. Hart has made some great stops but that's what a good keeper will do and is supposed to do, such a difference from last season where every shot seemed to go in

Even by their standards the number of "honest mistakes" seems to have taken a significant uptick this season already and last night was a prime example.

Missed penalty in injury time

We’re grand. Did enough to win that game today. Just one of them days. We’ll bounce back nicely, I’m sure of it. We’re still very much a work in progress but, unlike last season, there’s definitely a title race happening and we seem to me to be better positioned to keep on improving and getting better - particularly with the January window fast approaching.

And Madden was a fcuking disgrace today too.

100%. Didn't see the game as I was out but was following it online, looks like we totally dominated and you do get those days. Disappointed not to win but we're going in the right direction and back in the race as you say. Rangers have disimproved imo and are just getting by in a lot of games of late, they'll drop points again in coming games. Beat them at home and it'll be very interesting to see what happens. If we get the January window right, we'll win the league I reckon, it's all about getting the right players in to finish the rebuild.

• Advertisement

Great start, good from Abada to win the ball and set up Kyogo who was calm to finish

wicked deflection for an OG 1-1. Before that, Celtic were fannying about at the back

Kyogo goal

https://streamja.com/OBXMe

Great goal from Jota!!

slight deflection but great goal none the less

https://streamable.com/mifyen

Another great goal finished this time by Abada, great finish to put it away.

Surely we can't mess this up now?

What a cracking goal

https://streamja.com/JLkNl

• Advertisement

Dreadful again 3-2

Good win but our two wingers fecked up for the two goals

Jota makes it 1-0

Kyogo makes it 2

2-1 now

0-2 Kyogo, fantastic header

How did Welsh miss that ffs

• Advertisement

Jota makes it 3 with another fantastic cross from Ralston. Bonus was Adam going on his backside as Ralston brushes him off

Fantastic from Jota to set up Kyogo who makes it 4

Attacking play an absolute joy to watch, some great one touch passing and movement

Mistake from Hart for that goal imv 4-2

Sky commentator says 8 of the 9 goals conceded by Celtic have been from crosses. Very poor stat

Another sitter missed from Giakoumakis

Attacking play is outstanding. Jota and Kyogo are both on another level to the rest of the league.

Bitton and Ralston were both excellent today. McGregor is just outstanding too.

A vital three points.

That was great wasn't it especially after the cheap shot Adam took earlier in the game when he got that yellow.

Getting Jullien back maybe by the end of the month will hopefully goes a good way to fixing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Are Celtic favourites for title now as a result of developments across city? Isn’t it amazing how things can change so quickly in football. I said it here a few months back, but it’s amazing how things have changed.

Congratulations to Ange. Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month for October.

The outstanding candidate and completely deserved.

Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement