Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I saw the actual real interview of that and you could tell that Charlie really enjoyed himself last Sunday to put it mildly. That mocked version is hilarious too loved that.

Yes, the orignal interview is brilliant as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Another European shocker, 3rd tier of competition and pumped 5-1.

The league is the priority this year but it'd be nice to see us cut out the almost yearly horror shows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Not good enough. Celtic have to be doing better in Europe. My mate text me earlier to say Celtic haven’t won a knockout tie in Europe since 2004. That’s grim. There is no doubt this was their opportunity but they blew it. They are just as good a side as Rangers at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

very poor performance from us over the 2 legs,They are a good well organised football team and just brushed us aside,Best to forget about this and concentrate on Sunday against Hibs (total focus on the league now) .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brutal euro performances still, not good enough. Has to be a psychological thing, it just doesn't add up to be making dramatic improvements domestically but failing so miserably in Europe against, let's face it, teams that we should at least be challenging. Of course you can have a bad night against a side, but those two performances were absolutely woeful, and against a side who are just starting their season too. "Bodo who?" as I said when the draw was made. Embarrassing result, but more embarrassing performances - constantly giving the ball away, seemed like every 3rd or 4th pass went astray. Artmedia type stuff all over again.

I hear lots of people say "sure we should concentrate on the league", and of course that is priority 1. But we should always be competing in Europe as best we can, and the Europa Conference was a chance to make some progress on that front. IF we won the league, and IF we were to get a slot straight into the group stages (not sure it's quite 100% guaranteed for league winners yet) - while I'd love the £20/30m or whatever it is worth, we'd be pumped senseless if we played like that at CL level.

another poor performance from us today,we look so disjointed the last few games,im starting to worry now that we will drop more points in the next few games.we seem to be taking our european form into the league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

After the frustration at Easter Road earlier the result after that was pleasing. That’s a real get out of jail card. Must get our act together, get some form back and take advantage of that. St Mirren at home next followed by tricky away to Livingston.

• Advertisement

Lacklustre first half but the 2nd half much better

1-0 CCV

2-0 McGregor

Subs made an impact too especially Rogic who looked much more like himself. Felt we missed Giakoumakis' physical presence in and around the box again tonight. Thankfully Ange said he will be ok for Sunday. Having said all that St Mirren never threatened and we certainly deserved the 3 points. Tacked a goal onto our goal difference as well which at a +10 lead now is effectively an extra point onto our 3 point lead.

Maeda puts Celtic 1 up after McGregor missed a penalty and a free header

Was not a corner though

Post edited by A Dub in Glasgo on

HT 0-1

Livi hit the bar at the end due to the inability of Celtic to defend set pieces

28 seconds into the 2nd half and an OG from Devlin makes it 2-0 to Celtic

• Advertisement

Hoodoo is now gone

8 games to go

a good positive performance from us today and a very important 3 points,that plastic pitch is feckin terrible,i dont care if it was a corner or a penalty or not we were good today.Lets keep this up.

Really good performance that today and as much as just getting the 3 points was what mattered most today I think the fact that we played well is a big confidence booster. Forrest backed up his good cameo off the bench in midweek with his best performance for quite some time and what a brilliantly taken goal. Hopefully gives him the confidence to be a big contributor over the remaining 8 league games. Rogic was excellent as was Biton in the middle and overall easily our best performance since the 4-0 at Motherwell. Even tacked another goal onto the goal difference lead again which at +11 now is effectively a point added onto our 3 point lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Any news on Kyogo?? He's been out a long while now.

Likely to be back at the end of March or early April last I heard. Keep an eye on Turnbull he is supposed to be a couple of weeks ahead of Kyogo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

End of an era. Best of luck to one of the most decorated players in Scottish football history and one of our greatest captains.

What are the odds on the man turning up on a coaching team in Cyprus now?

I thought it was odd he went to Aberdeen anyway. A couple of years ago I think he was to go to Australia. If he goes to Cyprus I wish him and Lenny all the best.

Maeda looked onside there

Beaton wrongly disallowing the goal from Maeda

Good win. Giakomakus a proper good centre forward. Holds the ball up well and scores goals. Deserves to keep his place when Kyogo comes back.

Play rangers in the semi final. Hibs v Hearts in the other one.

Decent performance that and way more comfortable a victory then I thought it might be before kickoff. They never really looked like scoring at all. Not sure if they even had a single shot on target in the 90 minutes whereas we had a few really good opportunities above and beyond the 3 goals we did score. The pitch was absolutely shocking which certainly affected the quality of our play and the game in general but overall a good solid dominant performance today.

Good win today and a performance with the tempo and quality that we saw earlier in the season. Hopefully hitting top form now at the right time. Big Giakoumakis proving to be an excellent goal poacher.

Really good performance that today. Played at a much higher temp and quality shifts all over the park. 3-0 in side the first half and the game was done and dusted at that point. Their keeper made a few good saves as well to keep the score down. Giako was obviously man of the match with 3 goals and an assist for Maeda's goal but lots of good performances all over. Jota was on his game, Maeda ran them ragged. Hopefully just precautionary Rogic going off as the game was in the bag as well but that red card was fully deserved. The same player should have been booked about 5 minutes previously for another bad one. Great performance to head into the international break with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Huge victory. 2-1 after going behind early doors. 6 points ahead with 6 games left

Brilliant. Abada what a chance he had to make it safe. Carter Vickers and Starfelt immense at the back. Maeda excellent work rate. McGregor, Rogic when he was on also excellent. Great team performance. Ange has done a great job with these players. More work to do to win the league but that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Fantastic result for Celtic. Magnificent defending in second half, Rangers had over 60% possession but they didn’t really do anything with it. Hart only had one fairly routine save to make. It has been a remarkable turnaround in a season, but I said at the start of the season, it could happen. I think all credit goes to the board as they spent a lot of money and now they have got the rewards. Title is absolutely over now, effectively a 7 point lead, no way back for Rangers now. For the neutral it would have been nice to see title go to the wire, but I suspect Celtic will win it it by a double digit points now. Rangers will concentrate on Europa League now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Excellent result and great defensive performance. Last 2 games against them has shown we can beat them with free flowing attacking football and in a tight nervy game. Giakoumakis was right saying we're better them in every department at the minute.

Another couple of wins and we'll wrap up the league, the turnaround under Ange had been amazing

another great win for us today,well done to Ange and his boys going into that cesspit full of hatred towards us and taking a well earned 3 points,Thought Collum (ref) did not do too bad considering the pressure on him too give them everything,i think some of the other refs would have given the penalty against us,Im having a great Sunday afternoon,Thank you Ange and this beautiful Celtic team.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fantastic from Celtic today. Nervy last 20 mins. Great save from McGregor to deny a third goal in fairness. And Kyogo still to come back. Really need to ensure there are no hiccups now, it's not over yet but we're in a great position.

Thought Callum McGregor was outstanding today.

Obviously like all of us delighted with the result but I thought the performance was really top drawer as well although not so much in the way we have become accustomed to under Ange. I really feared the worst after what really could hardly have been a worse start. Not just giving up the goal but we were all over the shop in that first 5 minutes. McGregors tackle and run to set up the equalizer was immense and that was so crucial in not just getting us level but settling us down in the game and I thought we were full value for the lead at half time after that first 5 minutes. The second half we defended our box brilliantly. It really was amazing how little they created with so much territory and possession in the second half. In fact we had by far the best chances in the second half and could easily have scored another couple of goals. The work rate of the team as a group in that second half in particular was remarkable. Another real statement from the team with how hard they worked and fought for each other today as well as still creating a lot of clear cut chances while not at our best with the ball.

Was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the defending. We’ve seen the team put in some great performances under Ange but there were problems persisting defensively particularly defending set pieces. Yesterday there was none of that.

It was excellent and will hopefully be very important if we go on and win the league and get straight into the Champions League next season.

• Advertisement

Fair play to the Rangers fan who stopped a Rangers fan from running on to the pitch after the 2nd goal (see 1min 16seconds)

Hatate puts Celtic 1 up

Giakoumakis makes it 2-0

GG goes off injured

Great cross from Jota and Maeda heads it in

Juranovic scores a penalty

Turnbull on for Hatate

• Advertisement

O'Riley scores 5 & 6 - lovely stuff from Celtic

and Abada makes it 7 after Kyogo comes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Some nice football here. Not a hint of complacency after last week.

absolutely brilliant i love the bones of this amazing celtic team.

im off to my local theatre to see seven drunken nights ,i will be havin seven drunken nights now celebrating this superb performance.

Well I was not worried myself that there would be complacency heading into this match after last weekend. But wow I did not expect that either. Just a 5 star performance all over the park. Hart could have not even bothered showing up he had so little to do including them not managing a single shot on goal over the 90 minutes. Magical performances all over the park. Just hope that the injury to Giako is nothing serious as he has been in such great form and was good again today before he had to come off. Nice to see Daizen get the recognition for his work rate with the man of the match although it really could have been anyone today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement