Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

It’s clearly not the case, the Scottish coefficient nationally has risen considerably over last few years. The only way the national coefficient rises is based on the performance of its member clubs. Rangers have contributed to Scotland’s national coefficient rising far more than Celtic has over last three years. This is not opinion! In other words, without Rangers run to last 16 in previous seasons, and final this season, there simply wouldn’t have been enough coefficient points to elevate the Scottish national coefficient position to where it is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Lets just put the Diets away at noon tomorrow,I could not give a crap about the other shower other than i hope and pray they get destroyed in the europa league final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

who is the co-commentator on Sky?

Great performance after going 1 down early,I think i can celebrate now.What a season its turned out to be for us after our poor start and new team and management.Have a great evening Celtic fans,and many more to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

After the start we had, we lost 3 out of the first 6 games; to win the league from there is very sweet. Well done Ange and The Bhoys. More celebrations to come as it becomes official, just means we can prolong the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

Is the automatic Champions League spot guaranteed yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Yes. The Russian champions are officially banned from Europe for next season so today made that a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Really good performance today after a slow start and really in the end they were lucky it was only 4-1. Delighted to win the title of course but even better to do it at home with such a good performance. Easily for me the best title triumph since 1998 considering the obstacles on and off the field we had to overcome and the sheer enormity of the rebuild that we needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Yep, Russians banned and Celtic's coefficient points over the past few seasons have meant we are guaranteed CL football.

It’s not Celtic’s coefficient points that determine whether or not they entitled to champions league football. Celtic’s coefficient determines what pot they are seeded in, but entry into the competition, without having to go through qualifying rounds, is determined by the country’s national coefficient, i.e the performances of all the member clubs who participated in European competitions. Scotland’s national coefficient happens to be riding quite high at the moment, and it is for this reason that Celtic get a place directly in CL.

League comes home tonight!!! And linked with Hammarby left back Jeahze for £2m. Ange getting to work on our CL squad already. A Celtic team preparing early!! What next??

Great news,im really looking forward to tonights game and a couple of nice early goals please.

Christ that was a very poor first half,so much for a few early goals,Changes needed up front.

Yesss GG scores

thats more like big GG

the officials are an absolute disgrace

That was not even a foul that led to the booking for Taylor ffs

DU hit the post again

• Advertisement

great

That is some goal from DU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Gonna be a nervous 5.mins plus injury time, hopefully we'll get another to win it

Maeda had a great chance to win the game

Finished 1-1 to become Champions again, the players clearly settled for it

Trophy presentation on Saturday at home to Motherwell

Celtic Champions, normal service has resumed

Champions Again Ole Ole

Ange was quite emotional in that interview

weve done it Not our best performance but who cares,We are Champions.Who would have thought that at the start of the season,Brilliant Brilliant stuffThank you Celtic.Thank you Ange.

• Advertisement

Top stuff

i keep singing a song in my head(Hey you with the sad face come out to my place and give it up)Im sure i heard it somewhere before but the previous time i heard it i was really pissed off but this time im absolutely buzzing,Strange one that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Make the most of nights like this lads. They only come around 10 times every eleven years!!!

HAIL, HAIL. Champions!!

End of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats on the title, it’s sooner than I expected but Ange delivers yet again. Told you he would be good! 😁

Brilliant to be champions again. A real opportunity to build something special and become a useful European side again now with Ange.

I hope he starts to develop himself as a coach as well. The first thing he needs to do is to get our two best forwards Giakoumakis and Kyogo in the starting line up when both are fit. He seems to be reluctant to do that but that’s his job to build on what he has achieved and getting the most out of those two will be an important start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

The fact we don't have to go through qualification for the champions league should really help with early recruitment and also our preparation for it. Really looking forward to next season now.

Huge congrats to Celtic and all involved with the club. I said last summer that things could turn around quickly, when Bhoys were writing off the season, and I wasn’t wrong! Look in saying this, it’s a super super achievement to win the league title back from Rangers having been so poor last year. And not just any ordinary Rangers team, one that is actually going for a European trophy! I think this shows how consistent Celtic have been to recover from their poor start to go on such a long unbeaten run. Two Old Firm wins were the difference at the end of the day. Scottish football hasn’t known such good times in a very long time! Enjoy the celebrations, well earned.

Rogic & Bitton leaving at the end of the season, Bitton was probably expected but surprised a little by Rogic. Both have been decent players for us over the years but think it's probably a good time for all to move on

• Advertisement

Rogic and Bitton have been tremendous servants. Really surprised to read this news about Rogic though. Are Celtic just letting him leave on a free transfer? I am struggling a little with this? He is one of Celtic match winners and has been for while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

It’s been discussed for a time contract is up now approaching. Sad to see him go.

“Because of the wonderful things he does”

Two phenomenal servants to the club. Bitton has played almost everywhere without grumbling and Rogic was an absolute wizard at times.

Sad to see them go.

What a 1st half from us absolutely superb,Really looking forward to the 2nd.We Never Stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

Finishing as we mean to go on Tony playing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

6-0 the Champions signing off in style.

6 of the best.Enjoy,Enjoy Enjoy.Very emotional day for all us celtic fans everywhere around the world.Rogic and Bitton Thank you for your great service.Cant wait for next season to start.

What a way to wrap up the season! Ange spoke about there being a right way to cross the finish line and this was certainly it.

Emotional seeing Rogic and Bitton bow out for us, both have been great servants and deserved the send off they got today.

Great touch to play the CL tune as we went out to collect the trophy and certainly sounds like Ange believes this is just the start of something special and it feels like it.

Can't wait to see how we do next year with Ange and the players having a proper preseason and time to further strengthen the squad

• Advertisement
Advertisement