Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Frustrating not to win given the number of chances created. That little bit of composure that comes with experience at this level missing. Hopeful of 3rd and still every chance of 2nd in the Group when it resumes in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Why would I be in mourning or should I even ask?!!

I think I was missing the word ‘minimum’ in my post, 100% correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Back down to earth in Paisley, losing 1-0 at HT. Dominated possession without doing much with it and nothing on target in that half. Seems to me that we are too slow in midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

2 nil down now, look short of ideas. Jenz & Welsh so poor at the back.

4 changes made so hopefully we can get back into this but a lot to do

Bad call from Ange to make so many changes.. it is clear our second team is not enough for this type of away game

Didn't ever look like getting anything from the game, can't be making that number of changes to the starting 11 and expecting to get results. Ange needs to use the squad more but not such widespread changes

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

we were so bad today,only 4 shots on target,that feckin strip we were wearing was brutal on the eyes,looked like a top turned inside out,a bit like us today.At least we have a break now to try and recover and come back strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

GB letting the club down. None of us are fond of the Royal family. Such a public display is embarrassing and plays right into the hand of the manky mob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Xander10

There is a time and a place. Celtic supporters properly let themselves down today. I'm always defending them but now......

It was disappointing for Celtic to see their great run come to an end. It was an incredible run, where unbelievable levels of consistency were shown. People will say Celtic get it easy with massive budget etc, but you have to go out and do it time and time again and that’s what this team has done under Ange. I didn’t see the game today, was at my sons game, but I didn’t see this result coming if I’m being honest.

But as other posters have stated, football was overshadowed yet again for second time in a week. I just don’t get the mentality of these people, never have, never will. Just awful.

It is really not about playing into anybody’s hands or otherwise. It’s about common decency to be honest, nothing more nothing less.

Disappointing performance and result coming after the disappointing result v Shaktar.

Ange made a strange starting selection. Also I think Giakoumakis is getting fed up of starting on the bench. Last season after he got a run of games he proved to be a really good goal poacher as well as a good all round forward player. After the international break Ange needs to find ways of getting more out of Giakoumakis and Kyogo and play them in the team together more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Hats off to the GB. Having been told it’ll be a minutes applause and then at the last minute it coming out that Sky had been told to mute the microphones, it was an ingenious move. Absolutely hilarious.

Mocking the death of a 90 odd your old woman, would you say the same about the banners the were hanging in 1981 mocking thr hunger strikers, or rangers mocking Tommy burns

• Advertisement

I felt very sorry for Joe Hart yesterday, a proud Englishman, who represented his country with pride, somebody the Celtic support has come to love over last 15 months or so. He has proved an exceptional signing, yet, had to stand in front of that ‘support’ yesterday. Genuine question, how do you think he felt?

I think if you play both of them together, it forces Kyogo wide, which is not his best position in my view. Celtic play with two wide men and this has been a key part of their recent success. I am not sure how they can play together to be honest?

A 96 year old woman who leeched off the state for each and every one of those 96 years, who honoured paedophiles and rapists, paid off a sexual abuse victim to stop the royals name being tarnished, who honoured murderers, including those in charge of the Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday massacres. A woman who banned other ethnicities than white from working in the royal household until very recently.

The GB were perfectly correct to stand by their principles and not take the soup, like plenty seem to have. Like them I won’t shed a tear for Lizzie.

So see the money we've got under arts and sports funding do we givenit back or is that OK to take that soup.

See the paedophiles linked to celtic boys club is that reflective of us as a club.

Your argument is so pathetic you no doubt post on kerrydale street and get over 2 times a years. Joker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Xander10

Probably the most embarrassing post I have ever read on Boards.

The money from taxpayers? That the crown contributes nothing to?? That money? Do you think Lizzie cracked open one of her expensive handbags and handed it over hahaha.

Celtic Boys Club was different to Celtic FC, and Celtic FC didn’t have MI5 or MI6 doing deep dive background checks on the coaches like the crown does on those listed for honours.

The new kings, in his own words, “second father” was a renowned and well known paedophile who got his kicks from abusing little Irish boys. Respect that? Maybe follow follow would be a better forum if you’re looking for mea cupla about Lizzie

Season ticket holder In parkhead 19 years. I don't need anywhere near follow follow, gb aren't endorsed by the fans if you we're ever over yad know

Nobody expects anybody to fawn over the royals, that’s not the issue. It’s the lack of common decency that these so called supporters have displayed over the last week. Celtic can’t be far away from a partial ground closure at this stage such has been the repeat nature of offences over recent years. Celtic’s good name has been tarnished in the both the Irish and British media, particularly today. I didn’t see any coverage beyond this. Just let it pass, just don’t do anything, don’t embarrass yourselves on a global stage. I think the vast majority of the Celtic support will be rightly upset at what has happened.

I have no idea of what you are talking about. You seem very determined to defend the indefensible.

I see a few comments here about Celtic fans reaction to the Queen Elizabeth's passing. I was of the view that seeing as it was someone who died it was best to ignore it and thought it would be best for the Celtic fans especially the young ones in the Green Brigade to do likewise. Easy for me to say, I don't have to live there.

Queen Elizabeth's death was obviously a one off event. However in a few weeks time they'll do that poppy fascism fest thing that they do every October/November in Britain where they shove the poppy in everyone's faces, bully people who want to appear on TV or on football pitches to wear them and then those who don't wear it get subjected to abuse. That jingoism has been built up over several decades by the powers that be in Britain to suit their selfish purposes and keep the rest of them in their place. It's dangerous stuff and has played it's part in leading to the idiotic and ultimately self destructive (especially for the ordinary people) Brexit. As for the English Royal Family, in this day and age it really is a ridiculous anachronism and the passing of one of them doesn't change that.

Good article linked below from Andrew Smith in The Scotsman.

A paragraph from the piece; "Unlike the distasteful songs by Dundee United and Hibs fans that gloried in the Queen’s death the day previously, the banners that stated ‘if you hate the royal family, clap your hands’, and the accompanying singing of those lines, was not personalised. It was deliberately holistic, and darkly smart for an applause tribute. It called out the concept of sovereignty. It was confrontational and would have been offensive to the great many, but such challenging activities still fall within a notable realm - the realm of free speech."

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-reaction-republicanism-has-its-place-role-for-abildgaard-postecoglous-misstep-3847657

Sooner this is over the better but as you say we still have poppy season coming up so a while to go yet

Lads, when Celtic fans behaved as they did, you are you going to be in the public eye, there is no getting away from this. The actions of a few could have done untold damage to the club’s reputation amongst ordinary decent British people. This is the sad part of all this. We all know the history of Celtic, how the club was set up etc., but in the eyes of the vast majority of people in the world Celtic are a British club, albeit playing in Scotland, certainly not an Irish one. With this comes responsibilities and the behaviour of the minority was sadly lacking. We all know why there wasn’t a minutes silence at the Celtic game on Sunday. I think it was the same at Hibs game. What does this actually say? A human being died here, thats bottom line.

Financial results looking very healthy.

• Advertisement

Hopefully it will see us through now that the world is against us. I doubt we’ll ever get invited to another testimonial in England again. Merch money will dry up. How will we ever survive??

We're doomed!!

I hear our fans brought more shame on us tonight infiltrating the Scotland fans to boo the minutes silence

Untold damage being done to reputations in the eyes of ordinary decent British people at Hampden Park last night.

I'm sure the actions of the Scotland, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc will make the headlines any day now

There was plenty of condemnation in the media over the actions of Hibs, Dundee United fans etc over past few days also. It wasn’t just confined to the actions of the Celtic support.

The Tartan Army I presume ADIG? You will always find exceptions. I don’t watch Scotland, although I will tomorrow, but I did read some of the fans were out of order also on Wednesday night. It’s all disrespectful, you can’t get away from this. It’s 2022, it shouldn’t happen. The SFA should be out condemning this, as should all the clubs involved. But generally this is absent. The Dundee a United statement took the biscuit altogether, totally pathetic, no condemnation whatsoever. At least Shamrock Rovers were forthright in their criticism, this is all they can do or could be asked of them. Words matter in these circumstances. However, I do think it’s time people moved on now though, the lady is peacefully at rest now. What’s done is done.

Come on Celtic,Lets get back on top where we belong.

• Advertisement

Another frustrating half, totally dominated but poor finishing cost us again so far and unlucky with two shots hitting the woodwork. Utter shambles between Juranovic and Hart for the Motherwell equaliser

Great goal from Hatate to make it 2-1

Slack passing leads McGregor to haul down a Motherwell when he was in on goal - red card for McGregor

16:44

RED CARD - Callum McGregor (Celtic)

Celtic 2-1 Motherwell

A late twist!

Reo Hatae puts Callum McGregor in all sorts of trouble with a terrible backwards pass.

Ross Tierney latches on and is trying to race in on goal and McGregor is forced to haul him over.

Was Stephen Welsh covering across? Regardless, Celtic are ending the game with 10 men.

Josh Morris blazes the resulting free kick miles over.

Finished 2-1, much harder than it needed to be. The ref Beaton was utterly dreadful

Jesus we made hard work of that,so many missed chances but no flecking luck either hitting the post and crossbar,3 points anyway and back on top where we belong.

The Motherwell player was already sitting on a yellow card and this was waved away - play on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

No question it was a pk and a second yellow for their center back. Even by the "honest mistakes" standards Beaton was unreal yesterday. Lets also contrast how quick he was to red card McGregor yet Roberston for a similar situation just shrugs his shoulders and doesn't even give a foul against Sands against Ross County at 0-0 that day.

Doing our own damage here - not clinical enough with all the chances and then McGregor had a terrible touch and gave the ball away. RBL run up the other end and score

What a joke of a pass from Hart, finally 2-1 to RBL

I've seen enough,turned off ihave no words for this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement