Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2-1 at half-time away to Aberdeen. Some silly mistakes and our midfield is not quite there yet

Terrible call from the linesman and VAR stepped into give the goal

Edit: changes at HT, Hatate on for Turnball and Welsh on for Carter-Vickers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Starting to worry about the strength of the squad, CCV off as a precaution but Welsh is miles off the quality we need.

Need to get quality in across a few areas before the window closes (GK, LB, CB, LW) and can't see that happening.

Would be very disappointing to end this transfer weaker than last season when we have funds available and guaranteed CL football

Hatate has been good since he came on but now looks as if he has a calf injury and is replaced by Holm. Abada replaced by Yang

Lovely feet and cross from Yang to O'Riley who scores the third. A little bit earlier, Maeda made a mess of a very good chance

Decent win in the end, Yang looks a good player. Hopefully nothing serious for CCV and Hatate

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

3 points picked up against Aberdeen which is never an easy task at their place,more injury worries nowfor us with CCv,Hatate,coming off.The ref was defnitely at it letting them away with constant fouling on us and giving them free kicks for feck all,not to forget the bookings we got for far less things than them.Another good game for Matt o Reilly today hopefully he can keep this up now under Brendan.

Also a clear hand ball by them in the box,nothing,Maeda bundled over in the box,nothing It's going to be a long season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I like the look of Holm as well. Both he and Yang have looked good albeit in cameo appearances in these first 2 games. Excellent win really considering how far off being a settled side we are particularly defensively.

I thought O'Riley was outstanding. The best player on the park IMHO and looks like he will be one of the players to really grow and flourish under Rodgers.

• Advertisement

Really struggling to create chances against Killie, some sloppy passing not helping. New guy Lagerbielke's passing has been awful.

That was an awful performance, deserved nothing from the game. Squad has been downgraded from last year and it shows.

Need 4 quality signings before the window closes, players at the level of Jota and CCV but that's not going to happen.

We're going to be destroyed in the CL

OH my god,what an absolute pathetic performance from us,we just look clueless passing backwards and side to side,what a difference from Ange style,yes we should have had a penalty and the ref was defnitely at it,but thats always been the way,i was in such a good mood after Spain beat the Sids earlier ,after watching this im absolutely pissed off and sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Sid’s??

Sids, yes thats what us irish lads called the english here in the south east of England.

That was painful to watch, no guile, penetration or flair. Big change from the Ange era

Afterall that, I thought their goal was offside and that was a stonewall penalty denied at the end

• Advertisement

probably should call them Sidettes really,with them been cuttys.

That was bad, slow with no cutting edge. Lose next Sunday and I think Rodgers will be struggling to stay in his job.

Jesus christ almighty we are falling apart at the seams,I think we had about 20 flecking corners and no return from them,I said I would back BR after the 1st press conference but I am finding it very difficult to do that now,We have gone from champs to chumps in a couple of months,Jesus going out of the cup was bad last week but not been able to put 1 in the back of the net against table bottomers just as bad,we ain't winning next week.

Only saw the first half and we had a few decent chances and should've been 2 up at half time. Was surprised it finished scoreless.

We're definitely not in good form and need a few quality signings to bring the squad back up to level of last season.

I think the talk of Rodgers running out of time is crazy, we've half our first team missing with injury. We lost Jota and Starfelt unexpectedly so have had a lot to do bringing players. Rodgers needs time to get a settled team playing his football before judgement can be made imo

We had a good strong side out today,and should have buried St Johnstone,but wecouldnt do it,we were lucky we did not lose as joe saved that shot,as I said we had about 20 corners and nothing came from them.alright we lost a couple of players but we had a strong side with AJ back aswell,BR is running out of time fast,next week could be the end for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In poor shape, if they head into CL group playing like this they would be hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Please tell me your joking? How any level headed supporter, that doesn't have a grudge, could possibly hold Rodgers responsible for this sh*t show from the board is incomprehensible, the man is being asked to work with one hand tied behind his back.

i think you have had 1 too many m8,BR is the manager he is supposed to manage this group of players,he is not doin too well at it just now.

We have no goalkeeper, only one of our back four is up to the required standard and we haven't replaced Jota on the LW. That's down to the board. Do the maths on what was taking in and what was spent this summer, its shameful.

I seen lads on twitter or whatever its called know having a go at Rodgers over his handling of Haksabanovic which is comical, Ange singed him and never played him either, they cant both be wrong!

The Brendan Rodgers hate has nothing to do with the current situation and is 100% related to how he left the first time - ironically very similar to how Ange the great left, Rodgers was always going to be under massive pressure as such a devicive appointment and any early hiccups were going to be magnified, the board of course knew this as well and have still sat on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

You’re finding it difficult to back the manager after 4 games in the month of August?

Anyway. Hopefully a few signings coming through in the next couple of days. Don’t like the way that Celtic have conducted their transfer business this time, gone back to previous years when Peter Lawwell used to play lowball too often. Not sure what happened this time, a combination of different factors perhaps but hopefully a few brought in and then Brendan can get to work on building the team.

A good spirited performance on Sunday against the other shower and hopefully a win and i will be much happier and at ease with Brendan.

A bit of positive news at last with Louis Palma signing,maybe just maybe the board has taken one hand out from under their arses,More please before tommorow nite.Hope this Oreilly chat to Leeds is just bull,We really need him right now.

Looks like we'll get Nat Phillips on loan for CB cover and CM from Benfica on loan with option to buy.

Phillips should be a good standin while CCV is out and has the potential to be a great move. Don't know much about the Benfica guy, hopefully similar quality to Jota.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get one more close to the window closing.

Hopefully more to come

Didn't we almost sign Phillips before he went to Liverpool or am I mixing him up with someone else, Liverpool hijacked the deal at the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hard to know what to make of that group, Feyenoord probably the 1st seed we hoped to get but Atletico & Lazio tough 2nd & 3rd seeds

Tough draw but interesting one. Feyenoord Atletico Madrid and Lazio.

Group F is some Group

Considering the other groups who could have got, that is a fantastic group for Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Celtic could have done a lot worse. Just ask Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's big names but not great teams.

I think its a marginally easier group than last year.

TY Sir.

Draw is fair, could have been alot worse, jusgt don't think our squad is anywhere near the level required, hope to be proven wrong however!

Given we were in pot 4 we were always going to get a tough draw. But that on paper at least is far from the worst draw we could have got. Hopefully we can at least put in a respectable performance this year. Having said that trying to maybe finish third IMHO is probably still about the best we could do.

• Advertisement

Not the line up I'd hoped for. Don't think we'll be strong enough in the middle with McGregor, O'Reilly and Turnbull. Scales at the back a big worry too

eeek

Very quick goal from Rangers but it was miles offside so still 0-0. Kyogo with a fantastic chance but decided to do the fancy-dan backheel which he missed when it was much easier to hit it and it would almost certain be a goal.... shocking miss

Kyogo should have squared that......

f..ing about at the back ffs 1-0 to Rangers. Handed it to them on a plate

EditL: foul on Lagerbielke so goal chopped off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

• Advertisement

Ranger's fans celebrating a free out 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Fortunate VAR rule out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

harsh call or no? those one always confuse when the tackler plants his foot and the player with the balls kicks him

Get in there!!!! What a finish by Kyogo

The silence around the ground is delicious

What a goal from Kyogo at the end of the first half :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement