Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

1777879808183»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Sad to see him go, he'll be a massive loss to the team but had gone as far as he could with us when there's no investment in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Another excellent win today, 3-0 away to St Mirren.

McGregor

Hatate

Johnston

Good win today. Great to see how well we're starting games this season, hopefully something we can keep doing.

Interviews with Rodgers suggest we'll do a good bit of business this week, I hope he's right and the board back him properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Really good performance. We were in total control from start to finish. St Mirren are a big physical side who I think will likely finish in the top half again this season and they couldn't get anywhere near us. An impressive away win and performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Left back signing on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Looks true - Celtic paying wages only for this season. No "option to buy" clause in the deal.

CL draw was as kind as we could've hoped for

Leipzig (H)

Dortmund (A)

Atalanta (A)

Bruges (H)

Young Boys de Berne (H)

Dinamo Zagreb (A)

Slovan Bratislava (H)

Aston Villa (A)

Looks like we'll break our transfer record to bring in Arne Engels and Trusty looks to be joining from Sheff Utd. Cant say I know anything about either but Engels looks to be very highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Brilliant draw that.

The board better get deals done for Brendan before the transfer window closes because under this manager we could go to the next phase against that opposition.

Anyone anti the manager needs to get out of the way whether in the boardroom or anywhere left in the stands.

As said before one or two even on these pages need to take a hard look at themselves re some seriously stupid comments last season.

• Advertisement

They couldn't have handpicked a better draw, no excuses this year. To have got Leipzig from Pot 1 was so lucky.

Chance of plenty of points this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thats a very tight offside call. Devastating counter though

Maeda 1-0

Kyogo 2-0

Good half from us, started slowly but took control after 10 mins and been so easy since. Should really have scored more.

I'd love to see us keep up the intensity in the second half and give Rangers a proper doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rangers are dung, you love to see it!

• Advertisement

Excellent stuff today, blew them away :)

Rangers are a mess at the minute and we've started the season the way we finished last season. Team is full of confidence and hopefully the new signings bed in over the next few weeks.

Don't think it's a coincidence that Bernardo, Taylor and Scales all played so well today, a bit of competition will drive them on too

They were lucky it was only 3-0 really in the end given how good some of the chances we missed were never mind the latest "honest mistake" with Kyogo's first goal been called offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Cracking interview with AJ on footy prime (youtube).

I'm sure all Celtic fans have heard this by now, but just in case.

• Advertisement

Good win against Hearts today, goals from the new players Engels and McCowan with Engels looking pretty good

Probably our most low key performance of the season but a comfortable win all the same.

Celtic have started very well and have missed a few more good chances

Great to see an Irish player score in the CL. Should really be another goal or two ahead. Hopefully we'll make it comfortable in the second half

This should be over by HT

https://streamin.me/v/f68054d8

3 nil up in the Champions League! What a time to be alive

Game is over now, Celtic can get 4 or 5

Jinxed it, Taylor made an arse of a clearance and it is now 3-1, great finish though

Engels

Lovely goal from Maeda to make it 4

Some good trivia on the BBC website tonight

Edit: Idah makes it makes 5, the fifth different scorer and the second Irishman to score in the CL tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Idah makes it 5-1. What a super night for Celtic in Europe's highest level of club football.

5-1 FT, what a great night

It was a great night, a great performance, some great goals, but the opposition was poor.

They were poor due, in part, to the relentless Celtic pressure and over the last 20 years we would have drawn that game. It is so good to finally have a result that we deserve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Celtic back where they belong doing the business....Magic...

Why the fùck did Brendan Rodgers pìss off to Leicester...

There would've been more nights like this and a 10 in a row in the bag...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I think the squad has been improved and has a lot more depth to it.

Might be a reasonably successful CL campaign this year?

Great results and so good to see two Irish players score in the CL. I thought Hatate was immense tonight, some of his passing was incredible.

Slovan were poor and probably in the running to finish last in the CL so can't get too far ahead of ourselves but was great to see us play with confidence and create so many chances.

Tough games coming up against Dortmund, Atalanta and RB Leipzig. The Atalanta and RB games will be crucial to see where we are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Great to be back and a very good win. Hopefully we can build on that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'm worried about the defence. CV looks even slower than before and he could be taken apart by better teams. Taylor is great in attack but poor defensively.

• Advertisement

CCV is not fully fit he is carrying a foot injury a bone bruise I believe. I expect he won't play Sunday. In fact I doubt he will even be on the bench and with no midweek game next week hopefully that allows him time to get closer to 100% by next weekend. I am thinking Trusty will make his debut start this weekend.

will see a few changes perhaps tomorrow. A debut for Valle at left back. CCV rested, Trusty starting and Idah starting. Maybe McGregor rested as well, McCowan might get a start.

McCowan is cup tied so won’t play

Two from Idah in what looks like less than a minute. Idah looks a totally different player in a Celtic shirt than the player I’ve watched with Ireland. Amazing the difference for a striker like Adam playing with quality players and just as important players playing with confidence under a great manager.

Some great goals today, nice to see Idah get a couple of goals. Kuhn is really coming good after a slow start when he joined

• Advertisement

Dortmund put to the sword today by Stuttgart.

Possible away point for Celtic?

I would be over the moon if we got a point away to Dortmund. They may have been pumped by Stuttgart this weekend but I watched Stuttgart play Real Madrid in the champions league away and I was impressed they were very unlucky in that game.

Yeah Stuttgart look like some team this season (could they be this year's Leverkusen?).

They have a manager who is going to be highly sought after at the end of this season too.

Advertisement