Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Normal

Options
  • 07-08-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Just wondering how others are finding house shares in the current climate? My situation is that I have a room let in my house. All was good when I was in the office all day and was out and about at the weekends but since the working from home started and I'm spending virtually all my time in the house, I think I'm starting to go slowly insane! Basically my lodger has set up his office in the kitchen come living room and spends the day hovering between his computer and the TV (from 9am to 10pm Monday to Sunday). He leaves the house for about an hour a week to go to the supermarket. I'm really starting to feel exiled in my own house and with the thoughts of this continuing into 2021 is starting to take its toll. Interested to hear how others are finding/coping with the situation...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Can you get a desk for his room and tell him you dont want the living space of your home used as an office anymore?

Not in a house share, but, I'm saving about 300 a month by not having to go to the office. I couldn't imagine sharing in the current environment(I also couldn't imagine working on a hard kitchen chair either).

If you add up your savings from not going to the office, could you afford to no longer have a lodger?

Advertisement