Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International calls on Gomo

Options
  • 07-08-2020 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all.
    How do I block international calls on Gomo.
    I pocket dialled my brother in Australia a few times over the last month and end up adding €20 to my bill. I got on to Gomo about this and they can't block out going calling they will have to block incoming international calls as well for this to work. I use WhatsApp to call my brother. Is there any apps i can get to help me with this, I've tried blocking it in the settings in phone but doesn't work,
    I moved from Eir mobile to Gomo, I had no problem with Eir in blocking out going international calls, and still being able to receive them.

would really appreciate any help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all.
    How do I block international calls on Gomo.
    I pocket dialled my brother in Australia a few times over the last month and end up adding €20 to my bill. I got on to Gomo about this and they can't block out going calling they will have to block incoming international calls as well for this to work. I use WhatsApp to call my brother. Is there any apps i can get to help me with this, I've tried blocking it in the settings in phone but doesn't work,
    I moved from Eir mobile to Gomo, I had no problem with Eir in blocking out going international calls, and still being able to receive them.

would really appreciate any help

Thanks

Lock your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Have tried that but sometimes that doesn't work,

Have tried that but sometimes that doesn't work,

That makes no sense. How is the phone unlocking? Do you have a trusted device or place set up so it doesn't lock if connected to certain devices or in certain places?

What phone is it?

Edit: just to clarify when I said lock I mean so you would need to enter a pin,pattern or use your fingerprint to unlock the phone. Are you perhaps just turning the screen off and not actually locking it?

Its a Xiaomi mi mix 3 5G. Sometimes it's can randomly call some one when I'm talking to someone else, my wife has the same phone and it happens to her also, its the large screen I think, I do have the phone locked

Its a Xiaomi mi mix 3 5G. Sometimes it's can randomly call some one when I'm talking to someone else, my wife has the same phone and it happens to her also, its the large screen I think, I do have the phone locked

Is the proximity sensor working correctly? If you cover it does the screen turn off when on a call. It could be your face dialing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

This is how to do it on Eir, don't know if it works on gomo but maybe worth a try...
    How do I bar international calls on my account?

To bar international calls from your account simply text "Intl No" to 50046. You will then be unable to call international destinations from Ireland.
    https://www.eir.ie/support/mobile/international-calling/

Similar discussion here that might be of some help...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111836039

Thanks very much for you help all

Advertisement