Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on solar installation for first time buyer

• 07-08-2020 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We are looking to purchase a house in the next year, it will be most likely in an estate

Are there any good resources on solar installation? It's something I'd be very interested in but know next to nothing about, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Your as well off holding out until you have a house. The house of your dreams may not even have a roof suitable for PV panels due to slope, orientation, over shadow, etc. and nobody would suggest buying a house because it's ideal for PV.

By the time the house is purchased different grants and technology might be available. The Greens are in power so we'll see what they bring to the budget. Batteries are also getting better and a feed in tariff might be available. Depending on how far away and long the house purchase is of course

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭E30M3

Plenty of videos on Youtube also to start looking at. 'EV Puzzle' is a guy in Norfolk which might be worth a look as he does Monthly updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Many years ago got twin solar panels for heating up the water as better in the summer and strong sunlight.Years later i might have gone for those fridge type panels that work 24/7 and keeping water at a set temp.

Advertisement