Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Anyone know if it’s August 8th-21st or August 10th-23rd??
    Genuine reason for asking btw....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

If you're travelling from Cork to Dublin and need diesel on the M8, have you to hope you've enough to get through Laois and Kildare and onto a pump in Dublin :D

That's the way he came across, so in that case Citywest is the next stop on that journey.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Some people would want to wise up that this isn't Nazi Germany or North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Minier81 wrote: »
    That is ridiculous.
    Although just a point, people can transit through the 3 counties just not start their journey from them. Feel so bad for anyone from these counties who had an irish holiday booked, it's just lousy for them.

Should have just booked one abroad :pac:

Just on our way to the airport Mr Garda, terminally ill relative in X, Y, Z country. See ya later

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There appears to be a cohort who are trying to get around the lockdown. Shame on them.

Sorry now, but there will always be some out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

GazzaL wrote: »
    Some people would want to wise up that this isn't Nazi Germany or North Korea.

Sh1t man, you just can't stop this bullsh1t. Got banned on Mask thread. So posting same crap about everywhere by now, I guess..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Racing at the Curragh allowed to go ahead on Sunday but all religious ceremonies are banned in Laois/Offaly/Kildare

God forbid the tax dodging horsey crowd are focused on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

mossie wrote: »
    I know someone working in a test centre - not in Kildare, Offaly or Laois. She said they have many cases of people not turning up for tests and when they contact them to find out where they are they usually get "I'm at work" for the answer. She said some people just can't get the self-isolate direction is serious and for good reason. Anyone with symptoms who doesn't isolate is a selfish d*ck but isolation should be mandatory, enforced and breaches punished by large fines.
    Agreed. The message isn't getting through. I know that public health are anxious this is voluntary or people will mask their symptoms, so I think it's the employers who need to be targeted. Employers need to make it clear they do not want workers at work if sick, and any employer who is saying otherwise should be heavily fined if caught - perhaps pay the fine to the employee :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Anyone know if it’s August 8th-21st or August 10th-23rd??
    Genuine reason for asking btw....

From midnight tonight for two weeks.

From midnight tonight for two weeks.

Everyone in the 3 counties might as well pack their bags this evening and go somewhere else for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Cue all the Dubs laughing at KOL. The government should have done it countrywide. We're not a giant country like Australia.

Give it 2 or 3 weeks after Aug bank hol and it will be Nationwide....or almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Everyone in the 3 counties might as well pack their bags this evening and go somewhere else for two weeks.

I'm going somewhere tonight.

Around the fooking bend!:D

mcgovern wrote: »
    I live in Kildare but not near any of the current hot-spots. People are really not happy about it. Previous lockdown everyone accepted but now we are being punished for something that happened 20 miles away. Thats twice the distance from here to Dublin City centre.

Go on and break the rules so, you might be in the cohort that thinks no rules apply to you. Just like many others also.

At least it is not Dublin being castigated now for Covid, no matter that most want to be here all the same lol

Amazing that they want to stay where they are long term lol.

Just joking, so don't pile up on me.

Stuck a fake D number plate on me car and making a break for the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Let's be honest, 2 weeks is not a long time in the Covid world. Its likely to be a month of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

HSA not carrying out unannounced inspections is insane.

Its madness the HSA inspectors letting the meat plants know a few hours in advance that they are on the way. 'Lads the inspector is here at 2pm, stand 2 metres apart and wear your masks'. Like whats the actual point :confused:

They've known meat plants are high risk since early April so this is a failure of inspecting them to ensure staff are social distancing. If it means an inspector has to be in the plant for the whole working day then so be it, let the plants pay for it seeing as they cant get a handle on it themselves.

I can understand people in Kildare, Offaly & Laois being angry about this, it has really messed with their plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

FF couldn't run a bath... think this decision is mental the more I read

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So I'll be arriving back from abroad (Green list country) next Saturday. Does this mean I can't travel home to kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

Go on and break the rules so, you might be in the cohort that thinks no rules apply to you. Just like many others also.

At least it is not Dublin being castigated now for Covid, no matter that most want to be here all the same lol

A huge proportion of people from kildare, Wicklow, Laois, Louth and Meath commute into dublin every day for work. Private business like factories, pharma plants etc have not stopped work. Business in kildare still has to get deliveries. A local lockdown is utterly pointless in a commuter based town.

The people in the Newbridge DP centre were moved to City West. I wonder if there are any movement restrictions out of that facility ? If not, when those guys go back to work, and they will, Dublin will have it’s very own lockdown.

• Advertisement

What happens if half your house is in Laois and half your house is in Carlow? If you step foot in the Laois half, are you not allowed back into the Carlow half?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ah grand so, I wasn't going to but now you've given me permission I might as well.

What happens if half your house is in Laois and half your house is in Carlow? If you step foot in the Laois half, are you not allowed back into the Carlow half?

You move your caravan a few feet either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Unless staying with friends or family, I suggest anyone with staycations booked check with their accommodation before travelling.

If you booked and gave an address in one of the affected counties, it would be better to check then to travel and be turned away when you get there.

I have cancelled the trip now.

Common sense has prevailed.

I was just so disappointed. I have obeyed all the guidelines since March and missed out on two trips abroad since then (one work and one pleasure). I was really looking forward to the staycation after a few hard months.

Going to try and rebook for another date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm going somewhere tonight.

Around the fooking bend!:D

Call for me I'll go with you :pac:

We'll deal with it , continue being as safe as possible, same as we have been doing since March , actually haven't left the county since March anyway!

Look, without sanctions like fines those who are the rebels will continue to do what they want. Isn't that correct?

We’re all in this together.

By **** laois Offaly and Kildare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hellrazer wrote: »
    So I'll be arriving back from abroad (Green list country) next Saturday. Does this mean I can't travel home to kildare?

You can return to your home but you are expected to restrict your movements once you have done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

East Donegal looking shaky

https://www.highlandradio.com/2020/08/07/donegal-club-suspends-activity-over-covid-spike/
    Expect more counties under restriction in coming days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Tzardine wrote: »
    I have cancelled the trip now.

Common sense has prevailed.

I was just so disappointed. I have obeyed all the guidelines since March and missed out on two trips abroad since then (one work and one pleasure). I was really looking forward to the staycation after a few hard months.

Going to try and rebook for another date.

Fair play to you. It sucks donkey balls but it is a very responsible decision.

Advertisement