Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Tzardine wrote: »
    I have cancelled the trip now.

Common sense has prevailed.

I was just so disappointed. I have obeyed all the guidelines since March and missed out on two trips abroad since then (one work and one pleasure). I was really looking forward to the staycation after a few hard months.

Going to try and rebook for another date.
    Fair play to you. I really hope your get your holiday soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Look, without sanctions like fines those who are the rebels will continue to do what they want. Isn't that correct?

Is it down to people doing what they want? Or is it down to people working and living in poor cramped conditions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Are we going to start having green list counties soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

I will not abide by any of these dumb restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Hellrazer wrote: »
    So I'll be arriving back from abroad (Green list country) next Saturday. Does this mean I can't travel home to kildare?

You can travel home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Boggers actually have to observe some rules. omg.

If you are not happy about this I suggest you contact Little Biffo now. LOL.

Great little country, and it it still Tribal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Someone just said this to me...

"If Larry Goodman owed a few pubs, we'd be down in Moe's on beer for the last few weeks"

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

GRA rep on the 9pm news just now was asked "are you ready to put checkpoints in place now?"

GRA rep "well we haven't received any official instruction yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I will not abide by any of these dumb restrictions.

How? You can’t eat in a closed restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The Boggers actually have to observe some rules. omg.

If you are not happy about this I suggest you contact Little Biffo now. LOL.

Great little country, and it it still Tribal.

And the award for the most sanctimonious post of the year goes to yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Lundstram wrote: »

This is not of my making and I will not be suffering because of others' ignorance.

The irony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Someone just said this to me...

"If Larry Goodman owed a few pubs, we'd be down in Moe's on beer for the last few weeks"

Just watching the City/Madrid game here - a lot more people in close quarters watching the local Under 12 GAA games here at the weekends, mad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Laois has replaced USA, Mexico and Brazil as the epicentre of the virus. I wouldn’t be surprised if this thing originated from there. One time I had to drive through rathdowney few years ago and I seen a good few wild looking men eating raw pangolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

And the award for the most sanctimonious post of the year goes to yourself

No worries Fintan, off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Call for me I'll go with you :pac:

We'll deal with it , continue being as safe as possible, same as we have been doing since March , actually haven't left the county since March anyway!

No probs! A one way ticket to the bend!

Ive been out of the county 4 times since June 29th for purely social reasons. I've seen more of the fooking county since the original lockdown than I ever saw. I was planning a few business trips for a new project. But if checkpoints are in place, what's the point. We are where we are. I've already lost enough, that these two weeks and beyond? I hope its worth it. As for the full reopening of schools????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

GazzaL wrote: »
    What happens if half your house is in Laois and half your house is in Carlow? If you step foot in the Laois half, are you not allowed back into the Carlow half?
    I am nearly in that exact position, what to do:) nearest neighbour is carlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Let's be honest, 2 weeks is not a long time in the Covid world. Its likely to be a month of restrictions.

yeah the 2 weeks is just the thin end of the wedge. When 10 days of it are gone they'll announce a further 2 weeks either because numbers havent gone down or just to be safe and collect a further two weeks data. Its going to be minimum a month IMO and could easily turn into 6 weeks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

This is just the start I believe. A few journalists finally begining to ask questions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I suspect we will learn in the coming days of increases in community transmission. Close contact tracing and testing of asymptotic patients is now underway in the affected communities. It will highlight that community transmission is occurring.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Not been all bad in laois.

Still in the football and hurling all Ireland’s in August.
    Unbeaten

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

GazzaL wrote: »
    What happens if half your house is in Laois and half your house is in Carlow? If you step foot in the Laois half, are you not allowed back into the Carlow half?

I don't live in those counties but I know a family near me who's house straddles two parishes. Both parishes are big GAA rivals.
    This family very strongly identify with one parish and would slag people in the other parish (my parish).
    I made the point to the man once that actually half your house is in X parish so you're actually half X.
    He wasn't having any of it and told me their bathroom is in X part of the house so he gladly takes a sh*t in X everyday.

To thine own self be true

Are we going to start having green list counties soon..

I can think of 6 red ones right away

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

I suspect we will learn in the coming days of increases in community transmission. Close contact tracing and testing of asymptotic patients is now underway in the affected communities. It will highlight that community transmission is occurring.

Also probably correct.

But lads is continued transmission just not inevitable at least to some degree. We know exactly who the vulnerable are, is locking the wider community down the only way of protecting them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah the 2 weeks is just the thin end of the wedge. When 10 days of it are gone they'll announce a further 2 weeks either because numbers havent gone down or just to be safe and collect a further two weeks data. Its going to be minimum a month IMO and could easily turn into 6 weeks as well.
    We'll know in 2 weeks if there has been spread the contact tracers haven't found. If numbers don't spike, they'll be able to lift the restrictions.

The problem at the moment is that we don't know, and there may be people who have the virus now and won't know it themselves until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Agreed, minimum is two weeks with a few more counties thrown in. No way this lockdown will be eased before the schools go back, same can be said for pubs, no way will they reopen on the same day schools go back

They have been harping on about the app and contact tracing but partially close 3 counties. Surely if contact tracing was as good as they claim it is they could have locked down smaller pockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

All barbers closed?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

votecounts wrote: »
    Agreed, minimum is two weeks with a few more counties thrown in. No way this lockdown will be eased before the schools go back, same can be said for pubs, no way will they reopen on the same day schools go back

100% agreed, there is no possible way pubs can open at the same time as schools, because of there's a spike in cases both will blame each other.

However there is the theory that if schools do become responsible for a spike in cases, it's better to open the pubs at the same time and use them as a sacrificial lamb citing the pubs as the reason for spikes, even if they are not.

• Advertisement

All barbers closed?

no

Advertisement