Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I might PM you that Garda's name to see of its who I think it might be!

Nearest border from Tullamore is about 6km, I wouldn't call that quite a distance.
    Lots of close contacts to Carrols workers in and around Tullamore looking for testing in the last 24 hrs. Id be giving it a wide berth for a few days.

I think you know it is :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Graham wrote: »
    American tourists are required to self-isolate for 14 days.

Even if one part of the pandemic measure needs to be improved, there's no logic to abandoning all other measures.

Wrong. Nobody is required to self-isolate or restrict movements at all, except people in KOL. There is no mandatory 14-day rule for people entering the country. They are "asked" or "advised" to isolate, but that's very different from being legally obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

owlbethere wrote: »
    If there's any sickness or cluster in your workplace, take down all details with dates etc and don't be afraid to go down the neglect and compo route. Fcuk them.

They can't, they would be suing themselves.
    They are taken on as self-employed contractors rather than direct employees
    Company then doesn't have to pay out for sick pay, PRSI & pension contribution.
    Its a real scummy thing to do but its the reason these people HAVE to go into work when sick even when COVID-19 wasn't a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Borders to these counties are not being strictly policed. Controls are within and closure of types of businesses that are a higher risk of a spread the approach.

Strong warning sent out yesterday evening, the onus has been thrown back to the public in these counties to be very very safe. If you want to leave Kildare or Offaly or Laois not a whole lot will stop you.

So people in those counties should be unselfish and be responsible given the threat we are facing as a nation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

ongarite wrote: »
    Its a real scummy thing to do but its the reason these people HAVE to go into work when sick even when COVID-19 wasn't a thing.

So if you have an accident on a premises, you can't sue them?

That's bull-****. I'm also going down the compensation route due to employer negligence if I catch covid. Fcuk them indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So if you have an accident on a premises, you can't sue them?

That's bull-****. I'm also going down the compensation route due to employer negligence if I catch covid. Fcuk them indeed.

Did you get a new job?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eggy81 wrote: »
    Bridge House in tullamore has cancelled all bookings and closed up today anyway.

The hotel manager was just on the news there and they had a wedding booked for today. He had to ring the bride last night at six o'clock to cancel it, Id say she is devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭hurikane

I’m an arseh*le, not going to bother with restrictions, will leave my county if I want, won’t wear a face mask when shopping or on the bus, and all because I couldn’t give a ****e about anyone but myself.

Oh and I’ll also complain about how the restrictions are applied, such idiots using counties, they’re so thick.

What’s wrong with these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I think you know it is :)

Joebloggs32 must be quare excited, posting the same material almost identically twice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Wrong. Nobody is required to self-isolate or restrict movements at all, except people in KOL. There is no mandatory 14-day rule for people entering the country. They are "asked" or "advised" to isolate, but that's very different from being legally obliged to.

Thank you, I made this point earlier but it was ignored.. I have a feeling you will be ignored also.

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »

Are they still contractors? Did Revenue not deal with them under its contractor project? If not, why not is the question for a TD?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Rock77 wrote: »
    Thank you, I made this point earlier but it was ignored.. I have a feeling you will be ignored also.

From the HSE:
    Restricted movement
    You are requested to restrict your movements for 14 days if you arrive into Ireland from another location that is not on the COVID-19 Green List.

This includes:

Irish citizens coming home
    people with no symptoms
    people who have tested negative for the virus in another location

Not isolation but restricted.

Not particularly connected to the KOL lockdown but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Bradys Family Ham released a FAQ on Covid. But the answer below is a non-answer only going as far to say that the FSAI say there have been no reported cases of Covid linked to contamination of food

https://www.bradyfamily.ie/covid-19-faq/

Even if there have been no reported cases I think their products should be taken off the supermarket shelves as a precaution. 80 people in their factory tested positive for the virus and the very products those employees produced are sitting on supermarket shelves nationwide right now. Even if the risk is tiny they still shouldnt be taking it just to keep selling their ham, its not worth it IMO.

So Brady’s giving an ambiguous response with no guarantees.

Off the shopping list now until this all blows over. If they can’t guarantee the safety of their product, they can keep it.

Brady's Ham and Carroll Meats imagined FAQ:-

Q) Do you believe that the current stock of finished product (flesh of a recently murdered being) may be at risk of being infected with Covid19?

A) We're just humble entrepreneurs, not politicians. We don't tell porkies, we just sell porkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Rock77 wrote: »

Afair (correct if wrong as have not double checked before posting?) you must fill out the locator form truthfully (with place where you are 'isolating'/restricting your movements. So that is the thing you could theoretically get in trouble for (saying you are staying in a certain place and not being there if they check up, giving wrong details etc). I wonder whether any incoming travellers (tourists or not) have actually got in trouble/been caught telling lies on the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Rathsallagh house cancelled my booking tonight and they’re technically in Wicklow, but close to Kildare. Fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

hurikane wrote: »
    I’m an arseh*le, not going to bother with restrictions, will leave my county if I want, won’t wear a face mask when shopping or on the bus, and all because I couldn’t give a ****e about anyone but myself.

Oh and I’ll also complain about how the restrictions are applied, such idiots using counties, they’re so thick.

I am a sheep. I'll do anything Dr Ro-Ro tells me to do no matter how stupid.

I'll also finger-wag at those more independently-minded than me because I watch RTE all the time and am scared sh;tless.

I am Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If a place of employment doesn't offer sick pay (I know there is an entitlement to SW sick benefit, but it probably doesn't match take home pay), then the Gov should mandate a Covid guaranteed payment where the employee has a positive test.

I suppose that wouldn't cover those employees who either won't take a test or will attend work anyway, but some system that will encourage those with symptoms to stay at home would be good. Maybe it's already there. Doesn't apply to me or the OH so I'm not up to speed on what supports are out there.

Better to pay a whack to keep infectious people out than close down all businesses (apart from the meat factories of course) is a no brainer.

I'll also finger-wag at those more independently-minded than me because I watch RTE all the time and am scared sh;tless.

I am Karen.

No, you're just an arseh*le facehumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Brady's Ham and Carroll Meats imagined FAQ:-

Q) Do you believe that the current stock of finished product (flesh of a recently murdered being) may be at risk of being infected with Covid19?

A) We're just humble entrepreneurs, not politicians. We don't tell porkies, we just sell porkies.

I’d say the only thing ‘Family’ about Brady’s is where the profits go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

174 additional cases tonight.

110 of these are in Kildare.

I’d say the only thing ‘Family’ about Brady’s is where the profits go.

Into the piggy bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

If a place of employment doesn't offer sick pay (I know there is an entitlement to SW sick benefit, but it probably doesn't match take home pay), then the Gov should mandate a Covid guaranteed payment where the employee has a positive test.

I suppose that wouldn't cover those employees who either won't take a test or will attend work anyway, but some system that will encourage those with symptoms to stay at home would be good. Maybe it's already there. Doesn't apply to me or the OH so I'm not up to speed on what supports are out there.

Better to pay a whack to keep infectious people out than close down all businesses (apart from the meat factories of course) is a no brainer.

There is a special Covid 19 Illness Benefit available at 350pw. Won’t cover take home pay for a lot of workers, but still a lot better than the usual 200 illness benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

hurikane wrote: »

Well done hero, great speech :D This stupid attitude is exactly what drives cases up, great job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I am Karen.

Sure, another my rights fighter. Good luck with that approach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

How do you know there's 110 cases in Kildare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

How do you know there's 110 cases in Kildare?

It's on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

radharc wrote: »
    There is a special Covid 19 Illness Benefit available at 350pw. Won’t cover take home pay for a lot of workers, but still a lot better than the usual 200 illness benefit.

Thanks for that info. There was something in the back of my mind about it alright.

I suppose it is a balancing act. If the Covid sick benefit is increased well, you will always get chancers. But if you get a positive test and have to quarantine for 14 days, then definitely IMV infectious people should be encouraged to stay at home and be paid accordingly i.e the average of their last four paycheques maybe or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭pgj2015

This virus is never going away. Even after a vaccine it will still pop up from time to time, no way to completely destroy it. There are vaccines for many viruses but only smallpox was eradicated, the others are still around. We’ll just have to learn to live with it and if it means that personal hygiene and cleanliness of shops, pubs, restaurants and other public facilities is much improved, maybe it will have a positive long term effect. The days of lockdowns and panic are over. People have to get on with their lives. Those who are uncomfortable with this fact will just have to exercise personal responsibility and do whatever works for them.

a comment from the journal.ie this evening. lol how could anyone say that after yesterday. I think the whole country will be in lockdown in 2 weeks, hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats a shocker

Advertisement