Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Similar to how we couldn't travel but allow Americans in on holidays.

As you can see mate, Irish can travel as much as they want, and tourists can travel to Ireland as much as they want, no f.. control both ways. By now everything is being dealt with half arsed way, honestly no surprise. Schools reopening on the top of it.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Whoosh

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭pgj2015

should we not have a referendum about if we want to go the save everyone route or the save the economy route?

I vote to save the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Beltby wrote: »
    You said you had a major issue travelling to another county for your dinner because the Americans are allowed land in Dublin Airport.

In fact in your post I just quoted, you said the lockdown is both necessary and pointless. Basically just silly ranting in my opinion.

Lockdown is necessary but pointless if not done correctly.. it’s not that difficult to understand...

Your on an anonymous Internet forum conversing with someone from Kildare, if you don’t expect silly ranting in here then I can’t help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

More lockdown.

Double secret lockdown

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    should we not have a referendum about if we want to go the save everyone route or the save the economy route?

We should have referendum about stupidity, about being able to source credible info(yes that's for all social apps clowns, who don't bother). And you can save both, if people stick to the rules, but come on that sounds like a f.. Sci-Fi, cuz there's Paddy going for hols abroad, another Paddy from local lockdown going to travel anyway, another Paddy is not gonna be bothered with face mask............. endless list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

You can’t have a healthy economy with a population being ravaged by the virus.

You can’t have a healthy population when the economy is being ravaged by the virus.

It’s not an either/ or. The US tried to make it that and it hasn’t worked out for them.

You need to get a handle on both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The economy is ****ed regardless if it spreads like wildfire and people are afraid to visit shops and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Polar101

The article was written 3 months ago, so luckily they've had plenty of time to take action to improve conditions and avoid outbreaks.. oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The economy is ****ed regardless if it spreads like wildfire and people are afraid to visit shops and so on.

im not sure why they would be so afraid to visit a shop, just wear a mask and keep your distance, then go home and wash your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Gone for a vegetarian dish for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GPoint

Beltby wrote: »
    Cop yourself on.

It's for 2 weeks.

2 months easily.
    Think mods might as well rename this thread and remove the dates from its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

this could actually be a good discussion if the thread wasnt full of drama queens!

Don't think so, not yet.

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    this could actually be a good discussion if the thread wasnt full of drama queens!

Bet you mean all drama queens who don't give a toss and gonna do as they wish

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Bet you mean all drama queens who don't give a toss and gonna do as they wish

I mean both, doom and gloom people and then people who should be in America voting for our blonde pal because all this is just "fake news". Its a **** situation but if people behave themselves we'll be fine. Someone mentioned the counties in lock down will be done for 2 months - they wont. Next week will be telling but i suspect they know how many "potentials" there are and hence the lock down and the period applied to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Forgive me for being indulgent, but do you not think that every meat factory in the LOK area should be shut down now on Gov instruction. Pay the workers for staying at home and monitor them.

Ah no, close every other business down though and leave the source of the outbreak open. Only in Ireland. Very saddened but some sht hot journo needs to ask this question.

That is just not right IMV.

Forgive me for being indulgent, but do you not think that every meat factory in the LOK area should be shut down now on Gov instruction. Pay the workers for staying at home and monitor them.

Ah no, close every other business down though and leave the source of the outbreak open. Only in Ireland. Very saddened but some sht hot journo needs to ask this question.

That is just not right IMV.

Have you thought this through? what you think might be the knock on impact of closing the meat factories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Just drove down the middle of tullamore heading for a Chinese takeaway. All places shut except the townhouse at top of high Street. Peole actually sitting outside eating and drinking. I was in there once for food since the restrictions were lifted and they were running a very tight ship and bow all looked very we spaced apart. But still. Fairly blatant disregard for the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Have you thought this through? what you think might be the knock on impact of closing the meat factories?

Not sure what you mean, maybe you might educate me.

All businesses apart from the meat factories are told to close, well at least that is what I understand.

I mean both, doom and gloom people and then people who should be in America voting for our blonde pal because all this is just "fake news". Its a **** situation but if people behave themselves we'll be fine. Someone mentioned the counties in lock down will be done for 2 months - they wont. Next week will be telling but i suspect they know how many "potentials" there are and hence the lock down and the period applied to it.

Just curious, who is doom and gloom people. Lately people who wants to be cautious are being called that way. And I mean cautious, not running around the street screaming and pulling their hair off. If everyone does a bit we could save ourselves plenty of threads and discussions on boards and we could prevent more local lockdowns, increase in cases etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Spearmint Polo

Have a friend who’s a nurse in Limerick tell me this evening they are hearing Clare could be next for the lockdown. Could be hearsay but said I’d pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

All businesses apart from the meat factories are told to close, well at least that is what I understand.

Barbers, beauticians and coffee shops still open in Naas and Newbridge today. Coffee shops restricted to outside use only. As far as I understand, it’s movement restrictions within the county but all business open except restaurants and bars that were serving food, gyms and swimming pools (didn’t think they were open anyway). So general shopping still open. Not sure that shopping centres are open such as white water.

You think those factories just service those counties? The knock on impact to both local and international trade would be huge! Restaurants, butchers and takeaways will soon run out of the food and we wont have exports....

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Just drove down the middle of tullamore heading for a Chinese takeaway. All places shut except the townhouse at top of high Street. Peole actually sitting outside eating and drinking. I was in there once for food since the restrictions were lifted and they were running a very tight ship and bow all looked very we spaced apart. But still. Fairly blatant disregard for the announcement.

It is within regulations to allow outside dining I don’t think they are disregarding the announcement sounds like they are following the rules ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

rosiem wrote: »
    It is within regulations to allow outside dining I don’t think they are disregarding the announcement sounds like they are following the rules ?

Maybe they zrd only letting people sit outside them. Thst would explain it. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Maybe they zrd only letting people sit outside them. Thst would explain it. Good to know.

And lucky for any business that has outside seating this weather could save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

As long as there wasn’t more than 15 people there, they are complying with the guidance.

• Advertisement

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Just curious, who is doom and gloom people. Lately people who wants to be cautious are being called that way. And I mean cautious, not running around the street screaming and pulling their hair off. If everyone does a bit we could save ourselves plenty of threads and discussions on boards and we could prevent more local lockdowns, increase in cases etc..

Cautious is good, i am one of them. People who are talking about another 2 month lock down for those counties are doom and gloom.

Advertisement