Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

FYI Caoimhe I'm from South South Offaly. 45 miles away from Edenderry for example. And my wife and I had a staycation booked for Waterford/Cork next week and we cancelled at a serious loss of cash.

We also had a holiday booked for Lanzarote for July which we lost a serious wedge on.

Social responsibility and all that.

As is your choice. Fools and their money and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭pgj2015

FYI Caoimhe I'm from South South Offaly. 45 miles away from Edenderry for example. And my wife and I had a staycation booked for Waterford/Cork next week and we cancelled at a serious loss of cash.

We also had a holiday booked for Lanzarote for July which we lost a serious wedge on.

Social responsibility and all that.

what the hell did you do that for? :pac:

im sure you will be well thanked for it by the government, not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Everyone has to make their own call on this. As I said we've been very responsible to date. If our booking was 3 days earlier we would be there now and cause no risk?

So back in March/April we should have all made up our own minds on whether to respect the restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Cancelled young lads birthday party in Dublin next wknd.
    Had to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhe2010

gabeeg wrote: »
    So back in March/April we should have all made up our own minds on whether to respect the restrictions?

Back in March/April it was country wide restrictions and a very diff environment in terms of testing, hospital numbers, knowledge of the virus etc. The travelling restrictions were enforceable by penalties these seemingly are not, they will have the affect of reducing the numbers who travel though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

pjohnson wrote: »
    "Your tourist sector"

Maybe you meant Melbourne I guess.

Fcuk sake does everything have to be broken down into the simplest baby English for you or something and repeated?
    Kerry= the county advertising the staycations i.e. the "your" I was clearly referring to
    Other counties= all the other places incoming tourists the advertising reaches

You remind me once again why I don't ever reply to your posts no matter how stupid they are as it's akin to a dog chasing its tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Caoimhe just go and enjoy your trip. You’re not doing anything illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

"the government are a joke, i went to the supermarket tonight and couldnt get me steak for dinner, covid is a joke, fake news!"

idiots.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

road_high wrote: »
    Funnily enough that's the exact opposite of what your tourist sector has been saying- they've been one of the biggest "staycation" advertisers form what I've seen.
    Plus give it a year or two of this carry on Kerry will be starved out of existence with no tourist dollars/euros coming in- Tourism is the lifeblood of Kerry in a county that's always had a higher unemployment rate than the national average for starters. Going all hyper insular would not be a good move
    Everyone is welcome here, as long as they're not breaking any covid restrictions. That's hardly being hyper insular.

And you're right, Kerry will be hit hard. But I don't think we'll be alone in that somehow.

Sh1t things happen. Such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

road_high wrote: »
    Fcuk sake does everything have to be broken down into the simplest baby English for you or something and repeated?
    Kerry= the county advertising the staycations i.e. the "your" I was clearly referring to
    Other counties= all the other places incoming tourists the advertising reaches

You remind me once again why I don't ever reply to your posts no matter how stupid they are as it's akin to a dog chasing its tail.

So thats what I asked you. But you naturally refused to answer and have now thrown around your toys.

Nowhere is advertising that people ignore a regional lockdown for a staycation. Regional lockdown takes precedence over a staycation (for non selfish people).

You are just confused again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Caoimhe just go and enjoy your trip. You’re not doing anything illegal.

Yeah and the other 500 people from Kildare with hols booked in the West can fire away aswell. Then in a few weeks when the whole country is in lockdown I don’t wanna hear anyone blaming us lily whites, sure we weren’t doing anything illegal

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Rock77 wrote: »
    Yeah and the other 500 people from Kildare with hols booked in the West can fire away aswell. Then in a few weeks when the whole country is in lockdown I don’t wanna hear anyone blaming us lily whites, sure we weren’t doing anything illegal
    Fortunately though, I think the vast majority of people from your county will act responsibly and thus reduce the risk of things going pear-shaped again.

I’m not from Kildare, thanks. And yes, she’s not doing anything illegal.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Didn't even realise I had to be honest. I thought I was supporting your post when you suggested they weren't really asylum seekers. I think its all a nice little cosy situation where everyone's a winner. Particularly the guys getting paid taxpayers money to house the workers and the meat factory operators.

this is standard practise in most corporates i suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Apologies if question already answered. Any change in layout in animal processing plants and accommodation plus transport approach for the employees?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

eggy81 wrote: »
    Cancelled young lads birthday party in Dublin next wknd.
    Had to be done.

Your choice, but it absolutely didn't HAVE to be done.

Despite the daily obsession with new cases and deaths, we are in a much better place even despite the last week than we were in stage 2 or beforehand.

The source of the clusters here are known. All that really needs to be done is to close those locations immediately and test all employees - and if necessary their families and contacts over the last week or so.

Absolutely no reason to lock down 3 counties other than extremely conservative advice from NPHET (as is to be expected given their role), and kneejerk reactions from a weak government terrified of actually making decisions themselves.

Worse again are people falling over themselves to advertise how compliant they are and attacking anyone who questions the proportionality and effectiveness of the responses. Thinking for yourself isn't popular these days.

We were too long coming out of phase 2 and we certainly don't need to be rolling parts of the country back into it at this time either.

I’m not from Kildare, thanks. And yes, she’s not doing anything illegal.

It is illegal, just unenforceable by the Garda.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Despite the daily obsession with new cases and deaths, we are in a much better place even despite the last week than we were in stage 2 or beforehand.

The source of the clusters here are known. All that really needs to be done is to close those locations immediately and test all employees - and if necessary their families and contacts over the last week or so.

Absolutely no reason to lock down 3 counties other than extremely conservative advice from NPHET (as is to be expected given their role), and kneejerk reactions from a weak government terrified of actually making decisions themselves.

Worse again are people falling over themselves to advertise how compliant they are and attacking anyone who questions the proportionality and effectiveness of the responses. Thinking for yourself isn't popular these days.

We were too long coming out of phase 2 and we certainly don't need to be rolling parts of the country back into it at this time either.

If I could thank this post 1000 times I would.

gabeeg wrote: »
    It is illegal, just unenforceable by the Garda.

There is no penal sanction for it. So the legislation is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhe2010

Totally agree. If the high number of cases in the lok counties in recent days were from community transmission/unknown sources I could understand/accept the local lockdown but the fact is they relate to known clusters and their close contacts which have identified through contact tracing ie the way it's meant to work to manage clusters, total knee jerk reaction

• Advertisement

There is no penal section for it. So the legislation is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Yeah. But still illegal.

Hopefully Caoimhe runs into a rookie Garda

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    "the government are a joke, i went to the supermarket tonight and couldnt get me steak for dinner, covid is a joke, fake news!"

idiots.

Are masks mandatory now?

you might tell us your qualifications over the NPHET to know that their decision was "extremely conservative" or even what experience you have with dealing with global pandemics?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

I don't agree with the approach being taken, I think we need to come up with a better approach but that involves serious co operation and getting in amongst the clusters seeking the cases. Until we get to that stage I reluctantly will obey the restriction imposed. I have people in my family with vulnerable underlying health conditions and id hat for 1 of them to catch it from someone who shouldn't have been somewhere so I won't take the risk of inflicting it on others even though i know we would be 95% fine in going. Not a panicex or hysteric decision. Just chatted it out with herself and said we can wait a few weeks. Hes fine with it too.

Totally agree. If the high number of cases in the lok counties in recent days were from community transmission/unknown sources I could understand/accept the local lockdown but the fact is they relate to known clusters and their close contacts which have identified through contact tracing ie the way it's meant to work to manage clusters, total knee jerk reaction

You agree because it suits the answer you want. Its actually a terrible post.

But what if there’s 50 people or 300 people from these counties planning to do the same thing...... or is it just ok for Caoimhe to do it?

Exactly Caoimhe is living in a bubble.

Lash_Alert wrote: »

Thanks. I'll better order my Tottenham mask immediately or end up wearing some grubby one from work.

It didn't answer the question.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll better order my Tottenham mask immediately or end up wearing some grubby one from work.

No idea what your point is.

Advertisement