Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

gral6 wrote: »
    There are gossips that the full lockdown will be imposed to Ireland tomorrow to flatten the curve.

I'd be surprised if they ever fully lock down again, the economy would never recover, but I can see more Localised lockdowns and I think after that shambolic behaviour at the Berlin on Dame Street Saturday, no food pubs won't be opening soon and there maybe restrictions put on those already open. It's a mess whatever way we look at it

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

What exactly is a full lockdown and flatten what curve?

Same as what we did from March to June I guess...ya know, the experiment that didn’t work the first time but sure let’s try that again...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There are gossips that the full lockdown will be imposed to Ireland tomorrow to flatten the curve.

only you about 90 minutes ago it appears :rolleyes:
    I wonder if NPHET gonna recommend tomorrow full lock down again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Whatsapp?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

ah well, it's almost official then. :pac:

• Advertisement

Live in south kildare. Drove to Dublin on Friday to pick the girlfriend up for a weekend in Athlone and didnt come across one check point on the way up. Same on the way back. Came back through Tullamore and Portarlington. No check points coming back. These local lockdowns in Kildare/ Laois/Offaly are a load of boll$x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

They do say Athlone is beautiful at this time of year.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    They do say Athlone is beautiful at this time of year.

First time to stay in Athlone. Really beautiful. Took a boat up the river to The Hodson Bay hotel for grub and a few pints on Saturday.Place was really busy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,797 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is gaa training alllowed to resume?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Dtp1979 wrote: »

If it is under 15 children and non contact

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Yeah training has resumed but non contact with groups of 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Live in south kildare. Drove to Dublin on Friday to pick the girlfriend up for a weekend in Athlone and didnt come across one check point on the way up. Same on the way back. Came back through Tullamore and Portarlington. No check points coming back. These local lockdowns in Kildare/ Laois/Offaly are a load of boll$x

As I’ve said before on here, it isn’t a lockdown at all. It’s just killing food pubs & restaurants. Killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Tipperary will join the lockdown club counties from today because of outbreak in Golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Tipperary will join the lockdown club counties from today because of outbreak in Golden.

Source?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The guards were checking people on the round about just off the m7 near kildare village yesterday.... And kildare village was very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The guards were checking people on the round about just off the m7 near kildare village yesterday.... And kildare village was very busy.

Anyone being turned back? Seeing as they have no actual authority to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When are restrictions due to be lifted? I thought it was from midnight on Friday but Stephen Donnelly just said the plan was to lift them and they they lasted 2 weeks and 2 days??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

When are restrictions due to be lifted? I thought it was from midnight on Friday but Stephen Donnelly just said the plan was to lift them and they they lasted 2 weeks and 2 days??

From next Sunday/Monday at midnight I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I drove through Maynooth on Friday at 4pm - coincidentally I was coming back from Athlone after my 3rd visit to see my parents in 6 months. There was no sign of a lockdown of any sorts. The place was absolutely hopping. Every pub, cafe, restaurant was packed - appeared to me that the rules and guidelines were being pushed to the very limits. Then I see that there was 81 cases in Kildare on Saturday.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyone being turned back? Seeing as they have no actual authority to do so

Not that I witnessed, and I met someone there who had come from clare and all the guards could say is that they shouldnt have made the trip, but didn't turn them away.

The approach the guards are taking is more of an educational one than an authoritarian one

• Advertisement

So what actual restrictions are being implemented in these counties,Are the restaurants/food pubs the only ones really suffering and everything else pretty much carrying on as normal?

It was 16 days, not two weeks

So what actual restrictions are being implemented in these counties,Are the restaurants/food pubs the only ones really suffering and everything else pretty much carrying on as normal?

Business wise.... Yeah pretty much.
    All food and drink is take out and no sit in.

However its affected sports and social gatherings as well

Business wise.... Yeah pretty much.
    All food and drink is take out and no sit in.

However its affected sports and social gatherings as well

So financially speaking yet again it's the hospitality sector that have to bear the brunt of the hardship because of the failings of other sectors

So financially speaking yet again it's the hospitality sector that have to bear the brunt of the hardship because of the failings of other sectors

I'm not going to disagree.

But large gatherings of people indoors for lengthy times is precisely how this virus will spread at its best. The hospitality sector was always gong to be the worse affected due to its nature.

It was 16 days, not two weeks

Really? Could have sworn I heard restrictions in place for 2 weeks?

Even the HSE website saying restrictions in place from August 7th to August 21st!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm not going to disagree.

But large gatherings of people indoors for lengthy times is precisely how this virus will spread at its best. The hospitality sector was always gong to be the worse affected due to its nature.

Of course,but the establishments who can open safely are being punished and everyone is being tarred with the one brush,I have went to 3 restaurants/bar pubs in the last week or so and all have tables well spread out and all staff wearing masks,Yet these businesses suffer due to incompetence in other sectors

Looks like the 16 days has been a sneaky revision from the government. FFG making it up as they go along.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really? Could have sworn I heard restrictions in place for 2 weeks?

Even the HSE website saying restrictions in place from August 7th to August 21st!!

I'm from offaly, and the general understanding here is that it's in place until monday 23rd...

I stand to be corrected though

• Advertisement

Of course,but the establishments who can open safely are being punished and everyone is being tarred with the one brush,I have went to 3 restaurants/bar pubs in the last week or so and all have tables well spread out and all staff wearing masks,Yet these businesses suffer due to incompetence in other sectors

I agree 100%

They should at least be given the opportunity to open to prove they can comply with the measures.... And anyone not complying should be given a mandatory shut down period.

Advertisement