Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I love to know how I can travel to
    Laois on Sunday as I am travelling from green list country ...I cannot travel by public transport and my friend cannot pick us up

God you travelled to a green list country and then come back and have to quarantine anyway, that’s miserable.
    If there’s no public transport and your friend was going to pick you up I’d stick with that arrangement- they would get away with it if stopped, it’s legitimate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I am so annoyed. As a family we have done all that was asked of us. Stayed home, didnt see anyone, cancelled all trips (lost money). Finally just started to get back to some sort of life, working out, kids back to sports and now this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Hopefully this lockdown and back tracking of phases in these 3 Midland counties helps to quash the spread of the China virus and as a nation we continue to fight and try recover our economy and most importantly the health of ourselves and our loved ones

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was kinda joking on a Friday Night with all this lockdown stuff, but thanks anyway ;)

Humour doesn't translate well in words.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know directly of cases in one of the factories involved that it was brought back from people who flew to a green list country, drove onto their own country and back to the green list country when they were ready to come home so to avoid the 2 week quarantine.
    That's what we're dealing with here.

Covididiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So if you live in those counties and you have a holiday booked in Cork, you have to cancel?
    Equally if you live in Cork and have a break booked in Kildare or Laois or Offaly, you have to cancel.
    So now booking a staycation is as risky as booking a trip abroad?

Nobody goes to Laois on holidays. Not even if they are forced to take a staycation. People will choose to stay in work rather than go to Laois.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Tzardine wrote: »
    I live in Kildare. I have a camping trip to Kerry booked. Was supposed to be going down on Sunday.

I am still going. If I am allowed to continue to travel into work in Dublin City where I work in a public building , it makes no sense that I can not travel to Kerry.

If anything I am less of a risk in my tent in Kerry than I am commuting every day and working with the public.

I hear no mention of these restrictions being mandatory anyway.

I suspect it's more about the risk you present to Kerry than the other way around.

It will be interesting to see how Kerry welcomes visitors from Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

I love to know how I can travel to
    Laois on Sunday as I am travelling from green list country ...I cannot travel by public transport and my friend cannot pick us up

You are allowed to travel if it is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

If you have workers hiding symptoms with paracetamol, who is to blame then? Because it appears that's happening.

Are you suggesting they would value their own health over a few euros even though they are living in shared accommodation with many people?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Garda checkpoints? Lovely. That should have been done from the beginning with big humungous fines for breaking out of your confined area unless it was/is for essential purposes.

Fines? Not a chance, so people will just do what they want realistically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Nobody goes to Laois on holidays. Not even if they are forced to take a staycation. People will choose to stay in work rather than go to Laois.

Stupid attempt at humour. I'd mates from Louth staying at Heritage in Killenard last week. This business will lose money and people will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I know many people who go to Portlaoise for weekend breaks.

To thine own self be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

We have the wild Atlantic way.
    The ancient east.
    The Covid riddled midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I live in Kildare. I have a camping trip to Kerry booked. Was supposed to be going down on Sunday.

I am still going. If I am allowed to continue to travel into work in Dublin City where I work in a public building , it makes no sense that I can not travel to Kerry.

If anything I am less of a risk in my tent in Kerry than I am commuting every day and working with the public.

I hear no mention of these restrictions being mandatory anyway.

Good luck to you explaining all that to a guard at a checkpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

So legislation will be in place by Monday for these restrictions???

jrosen wrote: »
    I am so annoyed. As a family we have done all that was asked of us. Stayed home, didnt see anyone, cancelled all trips (lost money). Finally just started to get back to some sort of life, working out, kids back to sports and now this.

I know, it is tough... but you will be applauded for observance rather than being THAT rebel. Hang in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Really?! Why?! Seriously the only reason there’s a bucket of hotels there is it’s the middle of the country and companies use them for conferences to suit all travelling from across the country. It’s a dive of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Graham wrote: »
    I suspect it's more about the risk you present to Kerry than the other way around.

It will be interesting to see how Kerry welcomes visitors from Kildare.

I understand what you mean, but I was saying, why does the government consider me a risk to Kerry but not to Dublin?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

jrosen wrote:

It's horrible but I think we might see a good few more of these before we see the back of this virus unfortunately. Keep your chin up anyways, could be another county in a couple of weeks and this will (hopefully) be behind youse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Laois rocks! Rock of Dunamase, Stradbally Steam show concerts like electric picknic, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Good luck to you explaining all that to a guard at a checkpoint.

Chances of coming across a checkpoint are more than slim - I will take my chances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I understand what you mean, but I was saying, why does the government consider me a risk to Kerry but not to Dublin?

I doubt that's the reason.

It's reductions in movements overall that reduce the risks overall. There aren't many ways you can balance the risks with trying to keep the economy open as much as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jrosen wrote: »

Exact same story with me and my family, while local teens were going to parties i stopped my 17 year old from going last week,thats just one example.
    Another is my wifes uncle and family travelled over from UK 2 weeks ago, 9 of them staying in a house in a small village in Laois.
    My wife is now the black sheep in her family as we didnt meet them while her siblings families and her parents did.
    We have ben doing everything asked of us as have most people, its incredibly frustrating, its actually infuriating.

Oh just realised doh, that I have a three year old (second hand) car with a KE reg. Jaysis as a Dub I am outraged now to have to face a Garda checkpoint sometime soon. lol

Always considered Kildare as a suburb of my own lovely Dublin. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well presumably people will cook the meat they buy and heat isn't good for viruses then very doubtful.

Some of it is sliced cooked meats .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Crazy that everyone in the 3 counties has to suffer because a group of refugees can't social distance.

Maybe that's down to how they are being housed. You know - not being able to social distance and no-one checking up on those getting paid by the state to house them that adequate hygiene and social distancing provision is in place. Just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Prison?

The Heritage.
    My question stands.
    Will Hotels and BnBs turf out customers tonight?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So I can't drive into Dublin from Naas but plane loads of people can't fly into Dublin from the US?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

It’s going to be carnage when the schools reopen. The dogs in the streets in Offally have been talking about the meat packing workers fir over 2 months now - nobody is taking a day off work to pay e60 to be told you have something we can’t cure or give a prescription for - and if you don’t work you don’t get paid. From what I’ve been hearing i’d say the figures are a LOt higher than what they’re ‘discovered’ - icecube under your beanie anyone?

Advertisement