Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

I got home from Italy today after seeing very good compliance of wearing masks. I went to Supervalu in Celbridge and it was very nice to see every single adult wearing masks, and wearing them properly too. The only ones not wearing them were kids, which is still something that should be addressed. Again, kids as young as 5 or so in Italy wear masks without any problems, so there really is no reason why kids here should be any different.

On a negative side, I stills saw gangs of teenagers sitting on walls without a care in the world for social distancing. The message needs to get across to them that this pattern of behaviour will not help anyone at all.
    Do you have children?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Patser wrote: »
    Oh yeah, one other thing the forecast for the South was ****é. The idea of facing down hassle, stress, checkpoints, guilt to just sit looking out a window at rain sideways was too much.

Glorious evening yesterday in Maynooth and again this evening, and will be enjoying drinks on the green with remaining neighbours (socially distanced of course later). Seen that Cork flooded.

Now that's a cause for smugness Facehugger

Fecking delighted with LOKdown, saved me a fortune and a drowning in that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

We are all in it together my ass. Sure we are

Whohoo Kildare not 1st on case count for 1st time in ages, in fact only (!) 8 cases. Laois and Offaly still way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Patser wrote: »
    Whohoo Kildare not 1st on case count for 1st time in ages, in fact only (!) 8 cases. Laois and Offaly still way down.

One sixth the population of Dublin though so still very high.

• Advertisement

One sixth the population of Dublin though so still very high.

50% higher population than Tipp, so probably just level or below them

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

So what do we think lads? Good news for us tomorrow maybe?

seamusk84 wrote: »

Not a way. Local lockdown will turn into national toll summer of next year. Ffg are gonna save everyone on this island !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I got home from Italy today after seeing very good compliance of wearing masks. I went to Supervalu in Celbridge and it was very nice to see every single adult wearing masks, and wearing them properly too. The only ones not wearing them were kids, which is still something that should be addressed. Again, kids as young as 5 or so in Italy wear masks without any problems, so there really is no reason why kids here should be any different.

On a negative side, I stills saw gangs of teenagers sitting on walls without a care in the world for social distancing. The message needs to get across to them that this pattern of behaviour will not help anyone at all.

Celbridge has had 3... 3! Cases since June. Teenagers have been hanging around in large groups since April with no impact, let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Do you have children?

Yeah, why?

• Advertisement

Yeah, why?
    And if one of those is around 5, 6, 7 years old, you think they should be wearing a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Right I’m sure if you were that bothered you would not have been travelling to/from Italy in the first place. Usually with the Covid finger wavers I see a pattern of them being in the thick of everything...similarly you could get the groceries delivered so you wouldn’t have any interaction with reckless non maskers. If you were THAT bothered

And if one of those is around 5, 6, 7 years old, you think they should be wearing a mask?

Yes.
    road_high wrote: »
    Right I’m sure if you were that bothered you would not have been travelling to/from Italy in the first place. Usually with the Covid finger wavers I see a pattern of them being in the thick of everything...similarly you could get the groceries delivered so you wouldn’t have any interaction with reckless non maskers. If you were THAT bothered

The region of Italy I went to is running at less than 20% of the daily notifications as Ireland. Safer to be there than here. Italy has been largely fully open for business for over two months now and is still only running at less than half the rate of Ireland, which has never been fully open for business yet. Ireland is one of the worst - if not THE worst - countries in Europe, after Spain, as the pubs have not been open for 5 months.

Yes.

It’s impossible for me to understand how you could get to the state of mind you are in. If someone approached me in a supermarket for example and tried to explain to me that my 5 year old should be wearing a mask, all I would feel is pity for that person.

It’s impossible for me to understand how you could get to the state of mind you are in. If someone approached me in a supermarket for example and tried to explain to me that my 5 year old should be wearing a mask, all I would feel is pity for that person.

Why should they not wear one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Reading between the lines it looks like kildare will be kept in lockdown but schools are opening next week? This shower haven't a clue. We know where the clusters came from - meat factories and guess what they are back open next week. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Reading between the lines it looks like kildare will be kept in lockdown but schools are opening next week? This shower haven't a clue. We know where the clusters came from - meat factories and guess what they are back open next week. Joke

Certainly looks that way...
    The State’s public health team will on Thursday discuss the possible lifting of the restrictions on the three midland counties which were introduced earlier this month. Sources said the increase in cases appears to have been controlled in Laois and Offaly, but the figures in Kildare remained worryingly high

I'd guess Laois and Offaly will be "allowed" reopen, but Kildare will be extended out till mid-September in-line with the rest of the current measures.

As I said over in the Relaxation of Restrictions thread though, NPHET seem to be significantly overstepping themselves at this point with their "advice".

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

So essentially those of us in Kildare who are no-where near the outbreaks, also just have to deal with being locked up for a full month then.

Keeping in mind you are talking about major population centers on the Dublin boarder - Maynooth, Celbridge, Leixlip etc.

This is getting beyond a farce now.

So essentially those of us in Kildare who are no-where near the outbreaks, also just have to deal with being locked up for a full month then.

Keeping in mind you are talking about major population centers on the Dublin boarder - Maynooth, Celbridge, Leixlip etc.

This is getting beyond a farce now.

Nphet want to put a full lockdown on all countries. So, soon, we'll be in it together. Also, we'll be well secured on our gold plate salaries and pension like those from Nphet and ffg. We'll be in it together. Just stay home and save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What time is the announcement?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Are you and "your" child that precious? Does your child not breathe, like any other human being? Curious to hear why you're so against a child wearing a face mask. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Not sure what the issue is. My 4 and 7 yr olds wear them. 2 yr old doesn’t as he won’t keep it on. If they will wear a mask why would you not put one on them. Plenty of masks that have funny pics etc on them now so should entice the kids into wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

TheShow wrote: »
    Not sure what the issue is. My 4 and 7 yr olds wear them. 2 yr old doesn’t as he won’t keep it on. If they will wear a mask why would you not put one on them. Plenty of masks that have funny pics etc on them now so should entice the kids into wearing them.

I have seen plenty of kids wearing masks ranging from being in a pram up, the children themselves seemed happy enough with them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think its pretty pathetic that they didnt make the call either way by 5pm yesterday at a minimum. People have lives to live and need to know with more than a few hours notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Oh I thought we would know today.

khalessi wrote: »
    Oh I thought we would know today.

We should, but still makes planning for the weekend tighter for people and businesses.

On paper Laois and Offaly should have restrictions lifted immediately as they are now well below any threshold set, and that would allow businesses get some trade in for last weekend. If that was to be the case restaurants would want to be getting orders in quickly, so finding out on 6pm news evening before isn't great.

Similarly anyone with a big event planned for weekend (wedding etc) may also be hanging in hope and want to know asap.

And lastly places like Tipp and Carlow that are in the balance won't want a nasty shock like the original KOL businesses got with 4 hours notice.

But instead we're all waiting for news, which'll probably be dripped/leaked this afternoon before announcement at 6 for evening news

Why should they not wear one?
    Yakult wrote: »
    Are you and "your" child that precious? Does your child not breathe, like any other human being? Curious to hear why you're so against a child wearing a face mask. :confused:
    TheShow wrote: »
    I wonder do people react differently depending on where they are from, what they read, how their friends and family act or what they have seen on the news?
    I’m so happy my entire family, all of my work colleagues or any of my friends want to put masks on 4 or 5 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I wonder do people react differently depending on where they are from, what they read, how their friends and family act or what they have seen on the news?
    I’m so happy my entire family, all of my work colleagues or any of my friends want to put masks on 4 or 5 year olds.

But whats the issue of putting a mask on a 4/5 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Doesn't matter if they restrict LOK longer or add other countries it is just a request as guards have said no power to turn people around.

Connolly was made look like a fool on prime time when restrictions been brought in would take till after restrictions are due to be lifted to be brought into legalisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if they restrict LOK longer or add other countries it is just a request as guards have said no power to turn people around.

Connolly was made look like a fool on prime time when restrictions been brought in would take till after restrictions are due to be lifted to be brought into legalisation.

That may be so but it makes a difference on the ground. I’m in Kildare but nowhere near the outbreaks. I can’t visit my Dad in the nursing home. My job has told everyone from LOK not to come to the office. A number of my friends who had been going on a staycation had their accommodation cancelled by hotels. Weddings have been cancelled etc etc

Advertisement