Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I'm in kildare, also no where near the outbreaks. Working in Dublin, have been on 1 stay cation and going on another next week.
    Taking the same precautions as I did previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if they restrict LOK longer or add other countries it is just a request as guards have said no power to turn people around.

Connolly was made look like a fool on prime time when restrictions been brought in would take till after restrictions are due to be lifted to be brought into legalisation.

Businesses are closed as a result of the local restrictions. It definitely matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The region of Italy I went to is running at less than 20% of the daily notifications as Ireland. Safer to be there than here

Did you teleport there?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

What law have business's broken. Just look at that berlin place. Should have been closed down but technically no law broken. It is all just asks.

I just make sure I'm extra careful when out and about. If place is packed turnaround. Go early or late. Some places will take people from LOK and suggestion that people use a family address if possible so they live elsewhere.

They should be made clear how many clusters are in LOK and how many relate to factories and dp.

Restrictions should be radius rather than county boarders.

Anyone who has tested positive their should be spot checks on the houses of these people to make sure they are all isolating but I guess they won't do that. Not phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Did you teleport there?

Yes I did, mask and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

Zara King
    @ZaraKing
    ·
    3m
    Wouldn’t expect an update on #LOKdown tonight.

NPHET will have reviewed the situation at the meeting today, they will advise Government, & then Government will make the decision.

So it’s likely to be tomorrow before we know what’s next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

https://twitter.com/kfmradio/status/1296478648141254666

And then there's this

Remember all in this together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Patser wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kfmradio/status/1296478648141254666

And then there's this

Remember all in this together

Clowns running the country, meat factories back open Monday and schools open at the end of the week but there is a lockdown... They actually haven't a clue and are making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Ah FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Clowns running the country, meat factories back open Monday and schools open at the end of the week but there is a lockdown... They actually haven't a clue and are making it up as they go along.

I remain hopeful, remember that is just the advice being delivered by NPHET. It's up to the Government what they do with it.

There was a great piece on the six news there in Maynooth with the local business-people talking about what it will do to them if it is extended. FFG will need to tread really carefully here....

• Advertisement

No decision tonight, passed to Govt tomorrow by NPHET - I suppose they can only recommend

NPHET and the government can feck right off with there extension of the lockdown in Kildare. I live in Kildare,work in Dublin and partner lives in Dublin. I will be still travelling up to see her. They are stopping people going to see sports matches, trying to keep us in our county. What are people suppose to do in there spare time. People are seriously getting p!$$ed off now

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I want to go on my holidays to my family in kildare next week, hoping it is lifted for there too. Almost certainly will be for laois and offaly.

Govt have the big decision to make - if they extend lock down on only 1 county they'll be as popular as a fart in spacesuit, will be very hard pressed to enforce it, businesses will start closing and biggest question of all..

Schools - how can you say restrictions are needed due to very high prevelance of virus, but schools can stay open, what about pupils who school in other counties in or out.

How can a café beside a school be told to close, but school can open. What about after school clubs, sports teams, other activities that pupils might want to go to but by restrictions are closed in Kildare, nowhere else.

It's all a mess, and a mess that'll make a lot angry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Govt have the big decision to make - if they extend lock down on only 1 county they'll be as popular as a fart in spacesuit, will be very hard pressed to enforce it, businesses will start closing and biggest question of all..

Schools - how can you say restrictions are needed due to very high prevelance of virus, but schools can stay open, what about pupils who school in other counties in or out.

How can a café beside a school be told to close, but school can open. What about after school clubs, sports teams, other activities that pupils might want to go to but by restrictions are closed in Kildare, nowhere else.

It's all a mess, and a mess that'll make a lot angry

Because you decide what are the priorities. It makes perfect sense to leave most essential services open and first close less essential stuff and hope that will reduce the contacts enough to limit the spread.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Because you decide what are the priorities. It makes perfect sense to leave most essential services open and first close less essential stuff and hope that will reduce the contacts enough to limit the spread.

Are schools essential? They were first things closed in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Dublin should be locked down too ffs but not a hope because of it being Irelands capital. Joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Have they shown a map of where all the cases are in Kildare? It would be good to know how widely spread in the county the cases are vs the assumption that they are mostly confined to a few spots.

If there's not much spread in the county and it's mostly localised to a few spots, surely it'd make more sense to put 5km restrictions in for any hot spots rather than allow people within the hot spots to travel around a wider county and further spread it to areas that didn't have it?

Are schools essential? They were first things closed in March.

That's when they thought Corona spreads like flu where kids are one of the main sources of transmission. Now it seems kids do spread Corona but a lot less than colds and flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

If they keep us locked down and open all the schools it’s completely bizarre. Wtf is the point? If community transmission etc is high enough that we aren’t allowed go to a bloody restaurant or leave the county then sending my kid into a class of 30 next Thursday and returning to teaching over 250 students a week at second level the following week is just nuts

• Advertisement

If they keep us locked down and open all the schools it’s completely bizarre. Wtf is the point? If community transmission etc is high enough that we aren’t allowed go to a bloody restaurant or leave the county then sending my kid into a class of 30 next Thursday and returning to teaching over 250 students a week at second level the following week is just nuts
    The community transmission is high enough they don't want to get it high enough that teaching unions start making fuss.

I suspect there would be a lot less trepidation if schools were already open.

Idioteque wrote: »
    Have they shown a map of where all the cases are in Kildare? It would be good to know how widely spread in the county the cases are vs the assumption that they are mostly confined to a few spots.

Slightly out of date now, but instances of virus by townland for 2 months uo to August 12th (so a few days after restrictions brought in)

Things to note: Big cluster in Edenderry, shag sll in rest of Offaly, cluster in DP centre Ballybrittas very little in rest of Laois, big clusters in Kildare Town, Monastrevin, Newbridge and Naas - Maynooth, Leixlip and Celbridge 31 between them (Celbridge only 3)

https://twitter.com/joeneville2010/status/1295627630486618113

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Latest from the IT
    The lockdown of Laois and Offaly can be lifted but the restrictions in Kildare to stem the spread of coronavirus should continue, the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) has recommended.

The State’s health experts handling the response to the pandemic have advised the Government that Kildare’s lockdown should not be lifted due to the high level of cases in the county.

Political sources confirmed the State health team’s advice to Government following their meeting on Thursday. The Cabinet has yet to sign off on the recommendation at a meeting on Friday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/kildare-should-stay-in-lockdown-but-not-laois-and-offaly-says-nphet-1.4335218

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

How is it any worse in Kildare than in Laois or Offaly?

In the last 14 days, Kildare has had almost 500 cases vs Offaly at about 90 and Laois at 50. So it’s literally 5 to 10 times worse in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How is it any worse in Kildare than in Laois or Offaly?

For what it's worth, I don't think there should have been a lockdown in the first place. Another overreaction by the decision makers.

It's not over yet though. Given the reported friction this week's announcements caused in Cabinet, this may very well not get the expected rubber stamp this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Chesus....Kildare should be sealed off from the rest of the country! There is no ****ing control on people of Kildare going around this country! They are just spreading this deadly plague around !

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I don't think there should have been a lockdown in the first place. Another overreaction by the decision makers.

It's not over yet though. Given the reported friction this week's announcements caused in Cabinet, this may very well not get the expected rubber stamp this time.

The leak to the IT above, after Dr Glynn was very careful not to say what his advice was, is to allow them tomorrow to pass the buck back to him.

There is a chance some small scraps will be thrown in to make it look like some thought was put into it, but not much.

What could have a bigger influence is the breaking Golf dinner. To lockdown a county more, while trying to defend a large group of your party's behaviour could lead a massive backlash

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Any truth in rumours that protests/movement been organised to close all motorways into kildare from monday morning if restrictions in kildare not lifted ie if we are not allowed no one will be allowed in.

Have the factories at the centre of these outbreaks been allowed to re-open?

• Advertisement

Slightly out of date now, but instances of virus by townland for 2 months uo to August 12th (so a few days after restrictions brought in)

Things to note: Big cluster in Edenderry, shag sll in rest of Offaly, cluster in DP centre Ballybrittas very little in rest of Laois, big clusters in Kildare Town, Monastrevin, Newbridge and Naas - Maynooth, Leixlip and Celbridge 31 between them (Celbridge only 3)

https://twitter.com/joeneville2010/status/1295627630486618113

Didnt hear of big clusters in Monasterevin. Heard of a few cases. Know a few lads that have it due to working in the Kildare Chilling company but never heard a thing about big clusters

Advertisement