Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

bryaj wrote: »
    Any truth in rumours that protests/movement been organised to close all motorways into kildare from monday morning if restrictions in kildare not lifted ie if we are not allowed no one will be allowed in.

Have the factories at the centre of these outbreaks been allowed to re-open?
    I heard the meat factories are due to reopen on Monday but that could be bull

RTÉ news stated the “rumour” / word on the ground, is restrictions for Laois and Offally will be lifted at weekend but not Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

I heard the meat factories are due to reopen on Monday but that could be bull

Sheepish prediction.

gral6 wrote: »
    Chesus....Kildare should be sealed off from the rest of the country! There is no ****ing control on people of Kildare going around this country! They are just spreading this deadly plague around !

Totally ill-informed post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Tandey wrote: »
    Sheepish prediction.

Kildare chilling is working today, farmers delivering sheep today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

I could not give a flying fcuk anymore about restrictions. I going on my holidays next weeks. Goverment ministers are not even adhering to guidelines with this Oireachtas Golf Society event news breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Idioteque wrote: »
    Have they shown a map of where all the cases are in Kildare? It would be good to know how widely spread in the county the cases are

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Not a chance they can continue to discriminate against Kildare after the carry on of Callery last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

I'm aware of that site but when I looked last I thought it just showed cumulative cases and no ability to search by dates that would match the recent spikes. Unless there's a way to do that?

Cumulative case totals doesn't really help with understanding the recent situation

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Pops_20

So, let me get this straight. The people of Kildare will most likely have to stay in lockdown for another 2 weeks +, while the like of Dara Calleary, Phil Hogan and Sean O' Rourke head off to Galway for a Golf dinner.

The whole lot of them should resign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Pops_20 wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight. The people of Kildare will most likely have to stay in lockdown for another 2 weeks +, while the like of Dara Calleary, Phil Hogan and Sean O' Rourke head off to Galway for a Golf dinner.

The whole lot of them should resign.

Not a hope they extend Kildares lockdown after that. The Pubs and Hotels would lose their ****.

The only way for Donnelly to impose an extension on kildare is for Callery to be sacked in the morning. That wont happen. If it does it'll Meeholes P45 too sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Not a chance they can continue to discriminate against Kildare after the carry on of Callery last night.

Just keep your head down and stay home. Rules are for the plebs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not a hope they extend Kildares lockdown after that. The Pubs and Hotels would lose their ****.

The only way for Donnelly to impose an extension on kildare is for Callery to be sacked in the morning. That wont happen. If it does it'll Meeholes P45 too sooner rather than later.

Not necessarily. MM going would cause a split and bring down the Government. FG would probably do well because the Irish have very short memories - but probably not well enough to win a decisive majority leading to the same setup again with some individuals swapping seats.

However the bigger worry for both FF and FG is SF capitalise on the farce of the last few months and run more candidates to put them in the driving seat. The long term consequences of this to the average taxpayer and employer would be immense, but not as disastrous as the fallout for FF/FG.

The gravy train and merry go round between them every few years as we pretend there's a difference (as tonight's revelations have proved there's not with a who's who of current and ex party members, and their connected hangers-on are caught out having a grand old time for themselves) would come to an end from which they'd never recover unless they formally merged and even then it could be too late.

So both sides will ignore the excesses of the other when it comes down to it for fear of losing the control, perks and status once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

It's simple. If you are in Kildare ... do not leave the county.
    So what if a minister is at an event (in Co. Galway) with 80 people in 2 rooms. People in Kildare should be locked down. The disease should not be allowed to spread to Dublin or other more important places.
    Why are Kildare people so selfish. We are all in this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Scoondal wrote: »
    So what if a minister is at an event (in Co. Galway) with 80 people in 2 rooms. People in Kildare should be locked down. The disease should not be allowed to spread to Dublin or other more important places.

The problem with text is it's often hard to determine if a post is serious or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The problem with text is it's often hard to determine if a post is serious or not?

I thought the "more important places" was the key. It was a piss take.
    We are all in this together !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

I've heard 'our Dominic Cummins' moment being mentioned a few times around the neighbourhood chat here. Seems apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Scoondal wrote: »

Haha **** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

LuasSimon wrote: »
    The law abiding will adhere to it but plenty of criminals and general scumbags will ignore it making it a waste of time .

FF?

Glebee wrote: »
    I could not give a flying fcuk anymore about restrictions. I going on my holidays next weeks. Goverment ministers are not even adhering to guidelines with this Oireachtas Golf Society event news breaking

As someone who’s cancelled their staycation for this week- Enjoy!!! I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same myself now if given the chance again

The pigs at the trough have gone too far this time- never again will they lock down a county and if they do they’ll have to block off every road -the day of voluntary compliance is over

• Advertisement

As someone who’s cancelled their staycation for this week- Enjoy!!! I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same myself now if given the chance again

The pigs at the trough have gone too far this time- never again will they lock down a county and if they do they’ll have to block off every road -the day of voluntary compliance is over

Yep, cancelled my break for this week, but had provisionally booked a small break for next week (Mon to Weds) so as to get some time away with family before school is back. Almost certain to go this time regardless of what happens later. Even my Wife, one of most cautious people I know, was raging at TV last night and saying 'Don't care, we're going'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Well, Callery didn't get sacked. He resigned though. Same thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Cant understand why there is not local politicians all over the media highlighting how ridiculous extending this would be.. schools reopening and meat factories are back open - there is no lockdown except for the unfortunate local businesses been punished for no apparent gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

So most of the leaks are suggesting that Kildare lockdown will continue. On numbers alone and if you were looking in from the outside, I think this would be seen as understandable. Meat factories open, schools re-opening, areas in Kildare nowhere near the outbreaks makes a mockery of it. Throw in the Calleary fiasco and mass confusion over the restrictions and the message is we most definitely are not in this together.

Those, and the fact that last 2 weeks of restrictions haven't done anything to numbers, so what do they expect to happen differently this time.

Either put in more, and more focused enforced restrictions with a clear plan if lowering numbers, with a lot more extra resources like testing everywhere etc. At least there's a plan, and Gardaí may enforce something

Or just forget about it. You can't say, sure we'll just keep that going but now with added school trips and less fecks given, that'll work.

Jimi H wrote: »
    So most of the leaks are suggesting that Kildare lockdown will continue. On numbers alone and if you were looking in from the outside, I think this would be seen as understandable. Meat factories open, schools re-opening, areas in Kildare nowhere near the outbreaks makes a mockery of it. Throw in the Calleary fiasco and mass confusion over the restrictions and the message is we most definitely are not in this together.

Kildare needs and deserves detailed maps of where the outbreaks have occurred and the reasons for those outbreaks where possible - numbers without context mean nothing. I’d happily see my own town locked down if I could see the clear explanation especially if it enabled other towns and villages to reopen - the lack of information won’t be tolerated anymore - and god help any politician or senator from Kildare who were at that golf gig in Clifden- don’t come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Kildare needs and deserves detailed maps of where the outbreaks have occurred and the reasons for those outbreaks where possible - numbers without context mean nothing. I’d happily see my own town locked down if I could see the clear explanation especially if it enabled other towns and villages to reopen - the lack of information won’t be tolerated anymore - and god help any politician or senator from Kildare who were at that golf gig in Clifden- don’t come back!

Have a look back at last night's Primetime. There was a psychoanalyst on who said exactly that. Clearly explain the risk versus benefit of each measure introduced and at least the people will understand and be more likely to accept it. As it is it's a bit of a farce.

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1296732880929017859

Looks like they'll just keep it rolling, no thought put into it. 4th largest county by population to he set as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I wonder what would happen if all the business banded together and opened as one on Monday - government would have to take note and it would be difficult to stop. Obviously with all precautions for social distancing and masks etc.

Or

Block the motorways and let them know this is not on. Meat plants shut until full deep clean and fully tested employees back. Also all of the workers in meat plants to give address to HSA who compare and identify if too many are in one place.

• Advertisement

I wonder what would happen if all the business banded together and opened as one on Monday - government would have to take note and it would be difficult to stop. Obviously with all precautions for social distancing and masks etc.

Or

Block the motorways and let them know this is not on. Meat plants shut until full deep clean and fully tested employees back. Also all of the workers in meat plants to give address to HSA who compare and identify if too many are in one place.

I’m actually surprised the counties took this lockdown so passively - if there was a protest march organised I’d join it

Advertisement