Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

https://twitter.com/sandra_hurley/status/1296818850781110277?s=21

Laois and Offaly lifted but Kildare not but people won’t care

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Kildare people are going to swallow it up anyway. The rules are for the plebs lads, we need to keep our heads down.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Feel really bad for the businesses in Kildare. The owner of Brady's pub in Maynooth was on the news the day the lockdown was initially announced. You could sense his anger and frustration. He was on again yesterday evening and he looked very pained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

They're trying to get the spin just right.

Yep, they'll want to have 'supports' ready for the businesses they are about to shaft, explanations about why this is necessary county wide feom Stephen 'risk is everywhere' Donnelly, sad faces ready to say how this time it'll work, reasons ready for the parents and teachers in schools in the area etc

gral6 wrote: »
    Kildare people are going to swallow it up anyway. The rules are for the plebs lads, we need to keep our heads down.

What laws are people in Kildare different to any other county? I can’t think of one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Trampas wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sandra_hurley/status/1296818850781110277?s=21

Laois and Offaly lifted but Kildare not but people won’t care

how long more is the Kildare lockdown for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

gral6 wrote: »
    2/10

daheff wrote: »
    how long more is the Kildare lockdown for?

Until Sunday 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hurt, Upset, Confused and downright angry at the moment.

Government have no idea how this is impacting on Kildare and our people.

Just over the top I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

If I was a Kildare resident abiding by the rules , I would be so pissed off with Phil Hogan, Gerry & Aine Brady all of whom broke with lockdown in Kildare to travel to an unnecessary golf event.

• Advertisement

If I was a Kildare resident abiding by the rules , I would be so pissed off with Phil Hogan, Gerry & Aine Brady all of whom broke with lockdown in Kildare to travel to an unnecessary golf event.

Gerry and Aine made their fortune from property iirc so obviously the rules don't apply to them and they are just out of touch.

Phil is a cnut. Always has been and always will be.

Holding out hope they might lift restrictions on sport in Kildare even if it is behind closed doors. We have been well and truly shafted lads.

Meet factories open in the county and business as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Seriously guys, I ain't sticking to the county from tomorrow. Feck this.

Feel sorry for all the local businesses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Where's Michael Martin tonight, very telling he's decided to skip tonight's press briefing, cowardly ducking and diving. There's also an irritable press officer trying to stymie legitimate questions from journalists. This is turning ugly

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

We should have solidarity. One county lockdown should mean all counties lock down. We are in this together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Seriously guys, I ain't sticking to the county from tomorrow. Feck this.

Feel sorry for all the local businesses though.

I understand the anger and frustration but just because some people are selfish assholes, e.g.Phil Hogan, everyone else shouldn't follow their example.

I understand the anger and frustration but just because some people are selfish assholes, e.g.Phil Hogan, everyone else shouldn't follow their example.

No but just makes us all look like fools for obeying them. I won’t be following them anymore. If I have a need to go to anywhere that’s outside Kildare I’ll be going. Masks etc like everyone else but will ignore the request to stay in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

The County lockdown was ridiculous from day one, this government and nphet have been proven again and again to be incompetent so why would anyone follow there advise. Nursing homes a mess, meat factories a mess and wait till you see the schools... The fact is they were given 3 months to get tracing right and it is still a mess and this is 90 percent the problem.

Also take out the clusters in meat factories which is mostly foreign nationals being exploited in living and work conditions and kildare has a lower community transmission rate than Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

The fact is they were given 3 months to get tracing right and it is still a mess and this is 90 percent the problem.
    I know a lot of hope had been held out for it, but did contact tracing ever make a huge amount of sense given the length of time someone can be an asymptomatic spreader?

• Advertisement

I know a lot of hope had been held out for it, but did contact tracing ever make a huge amount of sense given the length of time someone can be an asymptomatic spreader?

Whatever about contact tracing, a result from a test should be ASAP not 11 days later and still waiting. It's incompetence on hse and the government's part of the highest order

Stephen Donnelly:

Rate of infection has nearly doubled.since restrictions introduced.

Solution per Stephen Donnelly:

Restrictions are working but need more time

Stephen Donnelly:

Rate of infection in Ireland is 27 per 100,000, in Kildare its 200 per 100,000

Open schools same as everywhere else.

Any tweaks to local lockdown at all....no, just the same. Commute if you need, travel without punishment if you want, more Govt loans available for businesses to add to their debts. No thinking outside the box, just uninspiring

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I don't even know where to being to respond to this comment. I will merely nod and smile:)

Patser wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly:

Rate of infection has nearly doubled.since restrictions introduced.

Restrictions are working but need more time

Stephen Donnelly:

Rate of infection in Ireland is 27 per 100,000, in Kildare its 200 per 100,000

Open schools same as everywhere else.

Any tweaks to local lockdown at all....no, just the same. Commute if you need, travel without punishment if you want, more Govt loans available for businesses to add to their debts. No thinking outside the box, just uninspiring

Donnelly said that what happened was "wrong" and "inexcusable".

He said Dara Calleary and Jerry Buttimer had "done the decent and honourable thing" in stepping down from their positions.

Calleary is a td first off. He hasn’t stepped down. He just gave up an additional role.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Kildare people ! Dublin is with you ! We are all in it together !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I have been trying to find something out. Can people who live outside Kildare come to Kildare for the purposes of work? ie, tradespeople, teachers, hairdressers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

jrosen wrote: »
    I have been trying to find something out. Can people who live outside Kildare come to Kildare for the purposes of work? ie, tradespeople, teachers, hairdressers etc?

This is the only reference I see in the website but I went to the barbers this week and all of the barbers had traveled from Dublin.

‘If you live outside Kildare, do not travel there. You can pass through Kildare to get to a county that does not have local measures in place.’

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/7b237-special-advice-for-those-living-in-kildare-laois-and-offaly-friday-7-august-2020/

jrosen wrote: »

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

seamusk84 wrote: »
    I don't even know where to being to respond to this comment. I will merely nod and smile:)

8 times the national average. Stay where you are.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    8 times the national average. Stay where you are.

Almost 9 times.

Advertisement