Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

Are you alright there? You're all over the place. Go to bed!!

He’s badly drunk, boi! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Are you alright there? You're all over the place. Go to bed!!

Same poster was saying tipp would be in lockdown last monday,best ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

gral6, one week forum ban

At last, some good news.

Lundstram wrote: »
    At last, some good news.

How delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So SF will get an additional seat in Kildare county next election. Thanks Dara you fcking plonker

Ah no, as if we don't have enough to deal with. Honestly. I don't live in Kildare either so maybe I should just shut up.

No Shinners anywhere near me thankfully.

• Advertisement

Here’s a nice “side-show”- wonder how this will develop over coming days

Mr Lawless said he has never actually been to an Oireachtas golf outing and only ever attended one meeting three years ago. He said he was surprised to see himself listed as a serving committee member.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/the-event-the-guests-the-garda-investigation-everything-we-know-so-far-about-the-golf-dinner-that-cost-dara-calleary-his-job-39467915.html

According to the invitation the Society’s committee includes former agriculture ministers Barry Cowen and Michael Creed; junior minister Robert Troy; former MEP Brian Hayes; Fianna Fáil TD James Lawless; Fianna Fáil senators Aidan Davitt and Paul Daly; former Independent TD Michael Harty; former Fine Gael senators Paul Coghlan and Eamonn Coghlan. Only Paul Coghlan and Messrs Harty, Hayes, and Daly are listed as having been in attendance at the controversial event.

For those who don’t know, Lawless is TD for Kildare North

Shinners are for the permanently unemployed.

So if you are a supporter good luck to you. I have no respect for those who support that cohort or anyone else that SF feels like supporting on a good day either. Unemployed or not.

Can't wait to see how Garry might run things if ya get into power. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Not particularly a good look that for last few days, Lawless's last twitter act was to retweet a golf operator - only pushed down now by retweeting Stephen Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Shinners are for the permanently unemployed.

So if you are a supporter good luck to you. I have no respect for those who support that cohort or anyone else that SF feels like supporting on a good day either. Unemployed or not.

Can't wait to see how Garry might run things if ya get into power. LOL.

Nonsense. Only a small percentage of the population are long term unemployed, and only a small amount of them bother to vote.

Patser wrote: »
    Not particularly a good look that for last few days, Lawless's last twitter act was to retweet a golf operator - only pushed down now by retweeting Stephen Donnelly

I doubt many from Celbridge/Leixlip are foregoing a trip to Lucan or Liffey Valley.

Total joke if it is not policed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I doubt many from Celbridge/Leixlip are foregoing a trip to Lucan or Liffey Valley.

We were forgoing such trips up until yesterday. All bets are off now.

Sorry Spanish, that was in reply to post above you that James Lawless was listed in oireachtas Golf society. Bad timing on his behalf to be retweeting about golf tours the day before denying he was on the committee and saying he hadn't even played golf with them

(Although yes he was promoting a local company)

Nonsense. Only a small percentage of the population are long term unemployed, and only a small amount of them bother to vote.

And they would never vote SF either, OK. I think they would given the SF machine in certain areas. But to be fair, if they don't what is the point in us paying for them via social supports.

seamusk84 wrote: »
    We were forgoing such trips up until yesterday. All bets are off now.

Kildare Women, get your tops off- 30% at Liffey Valley - only @ M&S :P

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/c/women?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2PzZyK2t6wIViLPtCh3ZQg4wEAAYASAAEgLpmvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&&extid=ps_ggl_4PS_IE_DSA_BG_Women&ef_id=X0BMJAAAAPlyoPCs:20200821223516:s

Sorry Spanish, that was in reply to post above you that James Lawless was listed in oireachtas Golf society. Bad timing on his behalf to be retweeting about golf tours the day before denying he was on the committee and saying he hadn't even played golf with them

(Although yes he was promoting a local company)

No worries at all.

OK, so we've now pulled plug on another break away due to exact same reasons as last time - not worth hassle or potential hassle of leaving a lockdowned county, bit if guilt if we did, but mostly there's another big storm hitting (according to MT).

These storms are God's way of saying the Patser family shouldn't go on holiday. Bet you it'll be glorious when we can guilt free get away.

OK, so we've now pulled plug on another break away due to exact same reasons as last time - not worth hassle or potential hassle of leaving a lockdowned county, bit if guilt if we did, but mostly there's another big storm hitting (according to MT).

These storms are God's way of saying the Patser family shouldn't go on holiday. Bet you it'll be glorious when we can guilt free get away.

Fair dues to you- While I did the same a few weeks ago, not sure I’d do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Which is the more sensible option... Travelling from leixlip/celbridge (which have had a tiny number of cases in the past 2 months) to Liffey valley, or travelling to white water... Which is a covid hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Especially celbridge! 3! Jesus. I live in celbridge, the Dublin road side and I cant drive 10 mins to liffey valley for example, but I can drive 30-40 mins to whitewater in newbridge or kildare village. Makes zero sense.

It's not you can't, it's you SHOULDN'T. Bit of a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's nonsense.. they acknowledge there's no community transmission. The focus on cases continues to be a deliberate misreading of the situation - it's OUTCOMES of those cases that should be looked at. x number of cases per y of population (which are still fairly low) means nothing beyond 'Someone caught a virus that many many not even realise they have'

But the Government have committed to this course and advice, and are more than ever focused on the reopening of schools - mostly because they need a win after the events of the last week as they find themselves on increasingly shaky ground politically.

But from what I've read about the Departments letting the schools interpret the guidelines for themselves, differing approaches between different schools, and some parents unhappy with the situation to where they are considering keeping kids home, I think the next few weeks are going to be chaos to be honest - with every sniffle having to be treated as a potential CV-19 outbreak and the disruption and worry that'll cause to kids, parents, employers and the classroom.

With Kildare partly locked down from a business perspective, and a frankly unworkable situation where we-don't-want-you-to-travel-but-we-won't-legally-stop-you, the effects of this will be magnified significantly in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It's nonsense.. they acknowledge there's no community transmission. The focus on cases continues to be a deliberate misreading of the situation - it's OUTCOMES of those cases that should be looked at. x number of cases per y of population (which are still fairly low) means nothing beyond 'Someone caught a virus that many many not even realise they have'

But the Government have committed to this course and advice, and are more than ever focused on the reopening of schools - mostly because they need a win after the events of the last week as they find themselves on increasingly shaky ground politically.

But from what I've read about the Departments letting the schools interpret the guidelines for themselves, differing approaches between different schools, and some parents unhappy with the situation to where they are considering keeping kids home, I think the next few weeks are going to be chaos to be honest - with every sniffle having to be treated as a potential CV-19 outbreak and the disruption and worry that'll cause to kids, parents, employers and the classroom.

With Kildare partly locked down from a business perspective, and a frankly unworkable situation where we-don't-want-you-to-travel-but-we-won't-legally-stop-you, the effects of this will be magnified significantly in the coming weeks.

The schools are not interpreting the guidelines for themselves. Firstly the guidelines are not properly set out. Secondly, the Dept ignored their own guidance of reopening schools in a phased basis. The plans issued were ill thought out they publicise 2mtr and 1mtr distance but if you look at the plans they measured from nose to nose of kids and some children in their plans are seated 40cm apart. Schools have tried to make the best of the plans and will make schools as safe as they can for students but I do agree with you about chaos and outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

khalessi wrote: »
    The schools are not interpreting the guidelines for themselves. Firstly the guidelines are not properly set out. Secondly, the Dept ignored their own guidance of reopening schools in a phased basis. The plans issued were ill thought out they publicise 2mtr and 1mtr distance but if you look at the plans they measured from nose to nose of kids and some children in their plans are seated 40cm apart. Schools have tried to make the best of the plans and will make schools as safe as they can for students but I do agree with you about chaos and outbreaks.

That was my point (perhaps a bit unclear). Because the Department guidelines are neither comprehensive nor practical enough they have instead "let" the schools worry about it. Hence schools taking different approaches based on what works in their individual situations.

I'm not blaming the schools/staff for this one. The fault lies with the Department - although my own son's school principal decide to take a holiday the day after the guidelines were announced, so I'm not exactly impressed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Need to sort out the direct provision in Newbridge and have forced quarantine for whatever meat factory workers.

Then we will all be a lot better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

mloc123 wrote: »
    Which is the more sensible option... Travelling from leixlip/celbridge (which have had a tiny number of cases in the past 2 months) to Liffey valley, or travelling to white water... Which is a covid hotspot.

Why can't there be Garda check points on the bridge in Leixlip. Those people should be prevented from going to the restaurants across the bridge. They are just selfish people.
    We are all in this together.
    I am complying with all regulations when I go to Glengarriff or Clonakilty or Youghal, enjoying the restaurants. Why are those in Kildare so belligerent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Scoondal wrote: »
    Why can't there be Garda check points on the bridge in Leixlip. Those people should be prevented from going to the restaurants across the bridge. They are just selfish people.
    I am complying with all regulations when I go to Glengarriff or Clonakilty or Youghal, enjoying the restaurants. Why are those in Kildare so belligerent ?

Leixlip has had 10 cases in June -August period. Celbridge 3 and Maynooth 18.
    When lockdown happened they said people could still go to work in Dublin and people who work in Kildare could still come into the county to work. Keeping Intel safe and working. It is the daftest lockdown I have come across.
    I am on lockdown and not to go anywhere until Wednesday when I can cross county border and got to work. Daft.

When lockdown happened they said people could still go to work in Dublin and people who work in Kildare could still come into the county to work. Keeping Intel safe and working. It is the daftest lockdown I have come across.
    I am on lockdown and not to go anywhere until Wednesday when I can cross county border and got to work. Daft.
    What are you on about ?

What are you on about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Scoondal wrote: »

2/10

• Advertisement

They are being very selective with the information being released to justify county wide restrictions.

https://ibb.co/vqJ8ZxG

Dr Glynn saying there is few electerol districts without a case, and the dept sending out the map above to justify it by showing all areas that had at least 1 case over 2 weeks - but they won't say how many in each. The map available to show cases until August 12th, showed Celbridge with 3 cases over 2 months - a miniscule amount - but would still be an ominous dark shade on the map the Dept used above

Edit: map and metrics are available to see at end of this statement

https://www.gov.ie/ga/preasraitis/cb558-statement-on-the-continuation-of-public-health-measures-for-kildare/

Advertisement