Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Found a silver lining.

Mondello offering a lockdown special offer for Kildare residents only - €50 for a few laps in a specced out hatchback and instructor, that's Friday sorted for me.

This is more hopeful if true.

Stephen Donnelly in meeting today, asking normal Thursday NPHET meeting to expressly look at Kildare and see.what can be done - would follow normal pattern if NPHET on Thursday, cabinet or minister meeting Friday and announcement that evening. And as Kaiser says above, would fit with them wanting to replace Kildare with good news when goggled, rather than Where's Philly?

https://twitter.com/JackHoJo/status/1298659634664873986

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Oh please God your right abiut that Patser. By the way go for it with mondello. I won a raffle prize of that about 15 years ago and it was great craic. Normally costs over 200€ I think so great deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Have my table booked in my local for 8:30PM Friday night same as every week.
    I hope to feck they lift the lockdown on us this Friday with immediate effect so I’m not confined to sitting in the smoking area for the third Week in a row!

Sounds promising this evening from Glynn.

• Advertisement

Hope grows.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0827/1161573-covid-ireland/

Heard radio news also talking about it, and about the hope it'll be lifted (or at least brought into line with rest of the country, which also had things tightened a bit since our restrictions were introduced).

Patser wrote: »
    Hope grows.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0827/1161573-covid-ireland/

Heard radio news also talking about it, and about the hope it'll be lifted (or at least brought into line with rest of the country, which also had things tightened a bit since our restrictions were introduced).

NPHET will say continue until next week- if lockdown finishes early it will be a politically motivated decision - I’d say it won’t be until Tuesday of next week at earliest

Feck, Glynn just said no. Despite numbers being well down, very low community transmission and other counties being high - Kildare keeps restrictions, and no one else

Edit: and just to rub salt in wounds - he's saying very localised response in Tipperary are working and that's why Tipp isn't facing restrictions. But no mention that that could have been done here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Sure they knew a few days ago they would say no

khalessi wrote: »
    Sure they knew a few days ago they would say no

No, there was a lot of articles and mentions today that NPHET will do their best to lift restrictions- that doesn't feel like the case now if our 14 day numbers are as low as Tipps. 11 cases average over previous 5 days, 10 cases total of community transmission over last week, and yet 100s of businesses still to remain closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

No, there was a lot of articles and mentions today that NPHET will do their best to lift restrictions- that doesn't feel like the case now if our 14 day numbers are as low as Tipps. 11 cases average over previous 5 days, 10 cases total of community transmission over last week, and yet 100s of businesses still to remain closed

Craziness. Gov will just do what NPHET say too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

De weddins are the issue du jour now. Not dissing the lockdown in Kildare at all, it will be over soon, BUT......

WHAT? only 50 guests including wait staff, and all out by 11.30 pm, can you imagine?

They'll be having the wedding breakfast like my parents wedding, church at eleven, breakfast/lunch then everyone fecks off. It's the way of the future. LOL.

Keep it light, times have been tough so we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Feels like Kildare is an social experiment. Zero justification for its restrictions compared to any other county.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

So I’m enjoying my €9 substantial meal in the smoking area tomorrow....Some work for a Friday pint of the black stuff after working my ass off paying taxes all week to fund the stupid lockdown.

Feels like Kildare is an experiment. Zero justification for its restrictions compared to any other county.

3 weeks of restrictions that they keep saying are working, but with no results to show....

They can deal with Tipp on a cluster by cluster basis but need a month for all of Kildare to sit st home while dealing with 3 outbreaks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

3 weeks of restrictions that they keep saying are working, but with no results to show....

They can deal with Tipp on a cluster by cluster basis but need a month for all of Kildare to sit st home while dealing with 3 outbreaks

That's punishment for Phil Hogan's trip to the K Club and every other place in between. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

And they claim it is science based why have we never seen the risk assessment as they are so fond of telling us it all based on risk. They have no idea what they are doing and we follow like Lemmings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

And they claim it is science based why have we never seen the risk assessment as they are so fond of telling us it all based on risk. They have no idea what they are doing and we follow like Lemmings.

Absolutely true, glad I'm now barely inside the Dublin border. Joke of a situation for Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Are hotels open in Naas. I Need to travel there for work next week. Tried the osprey but no reply .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Are hotels open in Naas. I Need to travel there for work next week. Tried the osprey but no reply .

Try Lawlors of Naas
    Poplar Square, Naas East, Naas, Co. Kildare•(045) 906 444
    Guests travelling for essential non -social and non-tourist reasons can still make a reservation and check-in during this period and our Restaurant is open for those guests during their stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Are there any mathematicians out there? Obviously more tests particularly in meat factories means more positive results. Deaths very low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

Are there any mathematicians out there? Obviously more tests particularly in meat factories means more positive results. Deaths very low.

The point of testing is to identify new cases. Testing in places where those are likely to be makes sense considering that outbreaks need to be brought under control. The more tests that are done in areas of infection means that you're more likely to get a real picture of what is happening on the ground.

Well mondello was cool, place all to self, track damp, car skidding.

You can see how dead the villages are though with this wet weather meaning no way for cafés to open even for outdoor seating

Kildare into also ran territory for the 1st time in yonks

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

We are all in this together. But Kildare is more in it than normal counties. But, we're all in this together.
    You can go abroad. But you have to self isolate when you come back. But, you can go abroad.
    You can go to the pub. But you have eat food that costs at least €9. But, you can go to the pub.
    Ireland says yes, but no, but yes. But if you live in Kildare it's no. Leixlip is a no, but Lucan is yes.
    Facemask on buses yes, but if you are going to school, that's a no.
    Weddings, yes but funerals, no.
    It reminds m of Vicky Pollard (Little Britain) .. " yeah, but no, but yeah ... but no. wat yu tawkin bout anyway ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Anyone been stopped at any checkpoints? I’ve been in to Dublin a few times for work but haven’t seen any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Jimi H wrote: »
    Anyone been stopped at any checkpoints? I’ve been in to Dublin a few times for work but haven’t seen any yet.

You should restrict your movements as you are from Kildare. Do not spread this plague around!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

gral6 wrote: »
    You should restrict your movements as you are from Kildare. Do not spread this plague around!

Yes your honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

No , I am on kildare/ Laois border and travel daily between Laois and kildare ( no choice ) and have been in Dublin on a few occasions. The only checkpoints I have seen are in and around kildare village shopping centre and one at junction 14 in the M7 but I haven’t been stopped on any local roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I have travelled into kildare every weekend to check on my parents. Never passed a checkpoint.

Advertisement