Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

My girlfriend was stopped twice. Checkpoint just before you join/leave the M4 at Kilcock

Jimi H wrote: »
    Anyone been stopped at any checkpoints? I’ve been in to Dublin a few times for work but haven’t seen any yet.

There’s pretty much none- anyone I know has complied with the lockdown - it would take serious manpower to lockdown Co Kildare
    Rumour has it lockdown lifting Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

There’s pretty much none- anyone I know has complied with the lockdown - it would take serious manpower to lockdown Co Kildare
    Rumour has it lockdown lifting Monday

Probably just before of imposing national lockdown

gral6 wrote: »
    Probably just before of imposing national lockdown

That’s not on the cards right now and newspaper reports this week focus on a reluctance to do a 2nd lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

That’s not on the cards right now and newspaper reports this week focus on a reluctance to do a 2nd lockdown

From my understanding that is not being considered at all as the costs are simply prohibitive. From what I hear it will be restricted to local lockdowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Gotta be revised tomorrow, we're down in the also rans again. Even the 20 yesterday was offset by a 31 14 days previous - so our per 100,000k rate is plummeting, especially over 7 day chart

Patser wrote: »
    Gotta be revised tomorrow, we're down in the also rans again. Even the 20 yesterday was offset by a 31 14 days previous - so our per 100,000k rate is plummeting, especially over 7 day chart

You are expecting the drunken sailors on shore leave to apply logic - has that ever happened. NPHET really need to be sidelined at this stage power mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Look. We are all in this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

So, midnight tonight, what's the status? Kilockdown automatically lifted? I've seen no announcement to the contrary so I will take the original date of expiry and therefore that from 00:01 I can do what I like.

What ever happened to the Green List? Supposed to be revised two weeks ago but it's all gone very quiet. Nobody's said anything about it, either government of public. It's as if it never existed. Schools are back but there are still many people wanting to go abroad on holidays and yet still can't do so. Loads of more countries could make the list now so why hasn't it been updated?

Original date of Kildare only lockdown is September 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

So, midnight tonight, what's the status? Kilockdown automatically lifted? I've seen no announcement to the contrary so I will take the original date of expiry and therefore that from 00:01 I can do what I like.

What ever happened to the Green List? Supposed to be revised two weeks ago but it's all gone very quiet. Nobody's said anything about it, either government of public. It's as if it never existed. Schools are back but there are still many people wanting to go abroad on holidays and yet still can't do so. Loads of more countries could make the list now so why hasn't it been updated?

What happened to "airbridges" ?
    They are treating citizens like we are idiots.

Original date of Kildare only lockdown is September 6th

Really? OK, I'm losing track of time. I thought it was tonight.

It’s a bit like the troika when we were the best boys in class it was all the news. Now we are what = 12th the drunken sailors have once again shifted the goal posts

Really? OK, I'm losing track of time. I thought it was tonight.
    NPHET are meant to be meeting tomorrow or Tuesday to discuss lifting the restrictions in Kildare early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

NPHET are meant to be meeting tomorrow or Tuesday to discuss lifting the restrictions in Kildare early

What are the numbers now? I was hoping to get out to Kildare Village at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Stephen is against any lifting of lockdown earlier than it was supposed too. Moreover, he talks about national loackdown all the time now.
    Not a chance they will lift it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What are the numbers now? I was hoping to get out to Kildare Village at some stage.

The army should be drafted in to Kildare Village to run it, ban all Kildare residents from visiting it and open it up to people from other counties.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The army should be drafted in to Kildare Village to run it, ban all Kildare residents from visiting it and open it up to people from other counties.

So we are ok to visit in the evening and weekend too - cool

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

When Dublin gets locked down the rest will be too. They're not going to let everyone else off if the dubs get punished.

There's a lot of mention of lockdown. Too much without the prospect of it.

Just think of the depths of winter when flu season starts. Everyone will be presumptive covid!

All they need is another major EU country to re-implement lockdown and Ireland will do it without question then. We'll never lead the way with re-implementing it. I believe France contemplated it.

Just remember that the incidence of flu and colds this winter will be a lot lower than other years due to all the Covid precautions being taken.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's good news but I have a question, new cases in Kildare have in fact been quite high over the past week, so what exactly is the criteria NPHET are using here, its beginning to look like a pile of nonsense if lockdowns can be lifted with high case numbers, I am delighted if restrictions are lifted, I'm in Laois and understand their affects

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭hayoc

Just remember that the incidence of flu and colds this winter will be a lot lower than other years due to all the Covid precautions being taken.

Maybe but maybe not once the kids are mixing in the schools again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It's good news but I have a question, new cases in Kildare have in fact been quite high over the past week, so what exactly is the criteria NPHET are using here, its beginning to look like a pile of nonsense if lockdowns can be lifted with high case numbers, I am delighted if restrictions are lifted, I'm in Laois and understand their affects

Kildare’s community transmission rate is well lower than the national average since lockdown was introduced

Dempo1 wrote: »

Don't know if they were that high really, especially on a per population basis. The maximum we had over last 7 days was 22, and there were at least 3 days in the less than 5 category. Interesting to note that in the per 100,000k graph they keep using, Kildare shows as a population of over 220,000, making it 4th largest population in Ireland. So even the 22 last week, means 10/100,000. It was the week before we hopped around around the 40 mark most days, and 4 weeks ago that there were the 110 numbers that pushed us in to lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Apparently we are out of lock down with immediate effect

Being reported everywhere now as a done deal, just waiting on the cabinet to announce it.

We're free lads!! Which means all the Dub blow-ins like me, can visit family again........(guilt free)

It's all a bit too late though for anyone with kids wanting a holiday, the day the last of the schools open and you can't travel anymore, they say it's ok the travel!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Being reported everywhere now as a done deal, just waiting on the cabinet to announce it.

We're free lads!! Which means all the Dub blow-ins like me, can visit family again........(guilt free)

It's all a bit too late though for anyone with kids wanting a holiday, the day the last of the schools open and you can't travel anymore, they say it's ok the travel!?!?!

I'd say that was the general idea. This thing has been largely petty and vindicative from the get-go in its execution

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

In all fairness there wasnt really a lockdown now was there?

If there was I didnt see it bar a few pubs and cafes shut - I traveled all over the country and in and out of work. Never saw a single check point.
    It was more a lock down of fun by our government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

road_high wrote: »
    I'd say that was the general idea. This thing has been largely petty and vindicative from the get-go in its execution

Yeah it's all just to satisfy a collective grudge against Kildare :rolleyes:

Advertisement