Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options
1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

!

524903.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

Can people in Kildare play golf and have dinner till 4 in the morning now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Stark wrote: »
    Yeah it's all just to satisfy a collective grudge against Kildare :rolleyes:

TBF at times it felt that way - all fun things like restaurants, school camps, holidays, cafes, family visits were closed or off limits. (unless weather was good and you could eat outside - pity there was 3 storms in those weeks)

All work and commutes there and back, were open (including those places at epicentre of clusters), schools opened, all the drudgery stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Patser wrote: »
    TBF at times it felt that way - all fun things like restaurants, school camps, holidays, cafes, family visits were closed or off limits. (unless weather was good and you could eat outside - pity there was 3 storms in those weeks)

All work and commutes there and back, were open (including those places at epicentre of clusters), schools opened, all the drudgery stuff

Your right it did feel that way at times.

• Advertisement

Many thanks to all in Co Kildare who abided by the lockdown guidance rules - it was hard; if like me your initial reaction was far from positive; but it feels good having abided by the rules :)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    In all fairness there wasnt really a lockdown now was there?

If there was I didnt see it bar a few pubs and cafes shut - I traveled all over the country and in and out of work. Never saw a single check point.
    It was more a lock down of fun by our government.

Travelled legitimately?

You’re correct that the lockdown wasn’t enforced by Gardai to a large extent- but everyone I know abided by it- so it was enforced voluntarily- that to me means so much more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Welcome back to the civilised world Kildare.
    Behave yourselves now.

Travelled legitimately?

You’re correct that the lockdown wasn’t enforced by Gardai to a large extent- but everyone I know abided by it- so it was enforced voluntarily- that to me means so much more.

Trust me a lot of people didnt abide by it. I know a good few families that had holidays booked down the country before the kids went back to school and they went off on them.The lockdown was a farce when you see some of our government taking the piss with there session in Galway. I only seen one check one the first weekend at the Kildare village. Nothing since

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Travelled legitimately?

I travelled wherever I wanted!!!! If our beloved leaders and their ilk can go to Golf outings so can I !!! I even travelled to Italy!!!!!.....Ive had enough of this bull**** about a virus that hasn't killed anyone in days or weeks and a government that hasnt a clue what theyre doing.

That's interesting--id say everyone I knew broke the lockdown feeling it was unnecessary and a ridiculous thing to be put in place.

There was and still is a certain cohort of people who`d belive anything this government tells them. If Eamon Ryan said we could cure covid by singing kum by yah there would be people doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Many thanks to all in Co Kildare who abided by the lockdown guidance rules - it was hard; if like me your initial reaction was far from positive; but it feels good having abided by the rules :)

No one did anything. The whole thing rested on a few sh1tty meat factories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

2ndcoming wrote: »
    No one did anything. The whole thing rested on a few sh1tty meat factories.

Yup, people still travelled out of the county for work, and coming into work. So no real change from my pov.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Can actually sit inside when going for a bit of food and a pint now.
    Weather has been woeful so sitting outside and in the smoking areas hasn’t appealed!

Although I am worried that the past month may have put the final nail in the coffin for a few of the local cafes...Two I know shut the doors and didn’t even bother with take away coffee only the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is actually one of the most concerning aspects of this whole thing. People are more concerned with doing whatever they're told than analysing the situation for themselves.

There was no need to lock down Kildare (and the other counties) in the first place. The outbreak sources were known and tested (most of whom being asymptomatic if I recall correctly?)

Alongside the "lockdown" have been minimal numbers in ICU, and even fewer deaths (zero in over a week now). Those are the numbers that should guiding the decisions - not hysteria over new cases (the vast majority of which will be just fine).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This is actually one of the most concerning aspects of this whole thing. People are more concerned with doing whatever they're told than analysing the situation for themselves.

they analyse the situation based on the actual evidence, they just don't do it the way you would like it which i'm afraid is your issue.
    There was no need to lock down Kildare (and the other counties) in the first place. The outbreak sources were known and tested (most of whom being asymptomatic if I recall correctly?)

whatever about laois and offaly there was a need to lock down kildare due to the higher level of cases compared to the rest of the country, and not to mention that those working in the meat plants didn't just come from kildare hence the other counties being locked down, which perhapse may not have been necessary to lock down.
    Alongside the "lockdown" have been minimal numbers in ICU, and even fewer deaths (zero in over a week now). Those are the numbers that should guiding the decisions - not hysteria over new cases (the vast majority of which will be just fine).

it is all the figures that are guiding everything, deaths, new cases etc.
    hysteria is only in the minds of those screaching hysteria because the government are operating on the basis of evidence rather then what those individuals would like them to do, which, is ultimately the issue of those individuals and not everyone else.
    the fact that deaths are low, tragic for the families and individuals who have sadly passed away, does look to show that our approach is working and has been mostly vindicated. mistakes were made of course and every country has done so as there was no dress rehersal for this so there was no preparation time, but we are where we are now due to lockdown suppressing the virus to a managable level and the subsiquent restrictions allowing us to open up again.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

You don’t have to agree with something to abide by it- I thought long and hard about adhering to the rules and my first reaction was not to - it’s a personal choice and I believe I made the right choice regardless who didn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fawlty682

Government just being led by NPHET. FF will be decimated at next election because of Martin and Donnelly’s fear of making decisions. Despite the ridiculous no foreign travel policy completely out of line with Europe, Ireland is now no better off than countries who value their economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,532 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do we think Dublin is exempt from any potential lockdown?

It had half the cases yesterday which would mean it is proportionally much higher than it should be.

But there would be uproar if it was locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

NIMAN wrote: »

It had half the cases yesterday which would mean it is proportionally much higher than it should be.

Lock down construction sites. Noise and dust is terrible.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

I see that pub owner from Kildare was back on virgin news again delighted.

I remember when they closed he was so angry. Don't know why, he's getting some amount of money through subsidised labour, grants, rates freezes and locals flocking in their droves.

When will the tax returns be available to view for this year? Might buy them for a look and see what they actually made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

NIMAN wrote: »

I don't thinks it exempt but I believe it's the 3rd or 4th worst county per 100k at the moment. Remember that the population of co Dublin is nearly half that of the country so we all expect it to have by far the highest number of cases. As far as I know tipperary, carlow and kildare are still highest incidence per 100k. Of course we all know a few days can change a lot.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

What's the pop of Dublin now so many are working from home in the country and many foreigners have left to their own country and no immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Minier81 wrote: »
    I don't thinks it exempt but I believe it's the 3rd or 4th worst county per 100k at the moment. Remember that the population of co Dublin is nearly half that of the country so we all expect it to have by far the highest number of cases. As far as I know tipperary, carlow and kildare are still highest incidence per 100k. Of course we all know a few days can change a lot.

Don't be coming on here with your facts and reasoned thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What's the pop of Dublin now so many are working from home in the country and many foreigners have left to their own country and no immigration.

Kildare 0 today!!! We're covid free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Patser wrote: »
    Kildare 0 today!!! We're covid free!!

The local lockdown worked! Roll it out to the others now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Close the borders and keep everyone out!! :pac:

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Close the borders and keep everyone out!! :pac:

And open our pubs only, no one allowed back in the reinfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement