Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown for Kildare (Aug 8th-31st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

So whats closed? restaurants & coffee shops, sports, gyms but retail remains open? What about hair and beauty? I cant seem to find anything on the gov.ie site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Stheno wrote: »
    That the former Montague?

That's one of them. The other was in Abbeyleix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

faceman wrote: »
    This is shocking. Meat factories were flagged in March. Who’s being held accountable for it?

Who carried our inspections? Fire/disciple them

Are work practices up to scratch and meet legal requirements?

Why is a county being shut down? Shut down the towns were factories are based and where the workers live

This is insane

Ah don't worry about it. How is Spain BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

This is shocking. Meat factories were flagged in March. Who’s being held accountable for it?

Are work practices up to scratch and meet legal requirements?

Why is a county being shut down? Shut down the towns were factories are based and where the workers live

This is insane

You need to relax with your common senses approach.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    More bring wife and kids with me for the spin. So everyone from same household.

Probably not within guidelines essential journey for you but not for them.
    I could justify visiting my parents in the lockdown area to check on them etc but probably could not justify bringing the family with me. Unfortunate as they don't want to see me, they want to see their grandchild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are these 3 counties being used as a warning to the rest of us?

Like "this'll happen to the rest of you if you don't start behaving"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Limpy wrote: »
    99.9% of those workers will be fine in 2 week. Isolate the vunerable. Open up the country.

That's it in a nutshell. Most of the workers will be in reasonably good health, young, used to physical work, and are asymptomatic.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are these 3 counties being used as a warning to the rest of us?

Like "this'll happen to the rest of you if you don't start behaving"

Well it might be time to behave now. It doesn't take much to do it, but those who are the perennial rebels will always go against the grain anyway.

Fines needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Why not lockdown meat factories nationwide?
    Fully deep clean all of them and re-open them gradually, I.e. 25% workers back if no cases within 14 days increase to 50% etc.

Incentive those workers not to hide symptoms and get paid for covid related sickness? Do they not realise that if they infect everyone they may not have a job to come back to?

It's now known that the majority of clusters are due to cramped living conditions- direct provision, residential care settings, halting sites, homeless shelters, meat factories etc.

They should be looking at ways to encourage minimising the numbers there rather than locking down three counties. It may be necessary now give the spread but surely do something to stop an extension or reoccurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

I know someone working in a test centre - not in Kildare, Offaly or Laois. She said they have many cases of people not turning up for tests and when they contact them to find out where they are they usually get "I'm at work" for the answer. She said some people just can't get the self-isolate direction is serious and for good reason. Anyone with symptoms who doesn't isolate is a selfish d*ck but isolation should be mandatory, enforced and breaches punished by large fines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Racing at the Curragh allowed to go ahead on Sunday but all religious ceremonies are banned in Laois/Offaly/Kildare

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Racing at the Curragh allowed to go ahead on Sunday but all religious ceremonies are banned in Laois/Offaly/Kildare

No spectators and following the usual guidelines of necessary racing staff only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

mossie wrote: »
    I know someone working in a test centre - not in Kildare, Offaly or Laois. She said they have many cases of people not turning up for tests and when they contact them to find out where they are they usually get "I'm at work" for the answer. She said some people just can't get the self-isolate direction is serious and for good reason. Anyone with symptoms who doesn't isolate is a selfish d*ck but isolation should be mandatory, enforced and breaches punished by large fines.

Some people also dont have the luxury of paid sick leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well presumably people will cook the meat they buy and heat isn't good for viruses then very doubtful.

There was an outbreak at the plant that processes Bradys Family (Cooked) Ham. 80 staff of 300 tested positive
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/production-at-brady-s-ham-plant-in-kildare-stops-after-80-staff-test-positive-for-covid-19-1.4324172
    Production has been shut down at the family-run Brady’s Ham plant in Timahoe, Co Kildare, after the virus spread and infected at least 80 employees. Testing continues on dozens more.
    Management said it is “difficult to comprehend” the sudden spike given the “level of rigour and our comparatively low level of confirmed cases up to this point”. There were two isolated cases in May.
    Mass testing of the 300-strong staff was ordered on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday following a decision by management and the Health Service Executive over the weekend.

I just find it astoinishing that the HSA are doing inspections but giving the plants a few hours notice of it. Thats not an inspection at all if they are forewarned an inspector is on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Horse racing is a religion in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

jrosen wrote: »
    So whats closed? restaurants & coffee shops, sports, gyms but retail remains open? What about hair and beauty? I cant seem to find anything on the gov.ie site

RTE website, Independent.ie etc etc.It's not to find the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Grandeeod wrote: »
    No spectators and following the usual guidelines of necessary racing staff only?

So jockeys/trainers/stablehands etc are all allowed to travel from WORLDWIDE into the Curragh for sport but I cannot transit through Laois/Offaly/Kildare to a southern destination

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just got #LOKdown now :o

So jockeys/trainers/stablehands etc are all allowed to travel from WORLDWIDE into the Curragh for sport but I cannot transit through Laois/Offaly/Kildare to a southern destination

Yes you can, as long as you’re not starting off from one of them 3 god forsaken counties.

Well I don't see this tri county lockdown working out much myself.

In the absence of sanctions like fines it is a joke anyway for those who are the rebels and will find any excuse to run around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Backed by money and power..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

HSA not carrying out unannounced inspections is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

That is ridiculous.
    Although just a point, people can transit through the 3 counties just not start their journey from them. Feel so bad for anyone from these counties who had an irish holiday booked, it's just lousy for them.

And you cannot get out of your vehicle, or else you will be put down on the spot.

Jockeys/trainers etc from where I don't know, are apparently doing their thing behind closed doors for a while now.

According to Mehole this evening, you can transit through those counties, but try not to stop at services. That's what he said.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If you're travelling from Cork to Dublin and need diesel on the M8, have you to hope you've enough to get through Laois and Kildare and onto a pump in Dublin :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Jockeys/trainers etc from where I don't know, are apparently doing their thing behind closed doors for a while now.

According to Mehole this evening, you can transit through those counties, but try not to stop at services. That's what he said.:D

So they keep working the same way like last bunch of leaders, advising, no backbone to actually enforce anything. For me that's the main reason for big increase in cases. Law abiding citizens will follow, but all the so called freedom and my rights clowns plus the usual scumbags will do as they wish. Excellent :D

If you're travelling from Cork to Dublin and need diesel on the M8, have you to hope you've enough to get through Laois and Kildare and onto a pump in Dublin :D

You will have to get out and push till you reach Rathcoole!!

Tzardine wrote: »
    I live in Kildare. I have a camping trip to Kerry booked. Was supposed to be going down on Sunday.

I am still going.

Unless staying with friends or family, I suggest anyone with staycations booked check with their accommodation before travelling.

If you booked and gave an address in one of the affected counties, it would be better to check then to travel and be turned away when you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I live in Kildare but not near any of the current hot-spots. People are really not happy about it. Previous lockdown everyone accepted but now we are being punished for something that happened 20 miles away. Thats twice the distance from here to Dublin City centre.

Advertisement