Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everytime I update my phone something breaks

Options
  • 07-08-2020 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Last time it was predictive text and I had to find a workaround

This time it's my app store. I'm not able to download any apps. I have loads of storage.any tips?

Also- do I have to update my phone. It seems to want to do it regularly and then it keeps badgering me with reminders til I do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Samsung, t&c? I got a system update notification earlier in the week and, to be honest, the device hasn't been the same since.

1. The (stock) keyboard looks the same, but feels different. I cannot put my finger on it (pardon the pun).

2. Chrome is hanging incessantly.

3. Most frustratingly, the "swipe up" in landscape mode now requires a double swipe. (The first swipe only displays the time/notification bar.)

Grrrr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Yes Samsung. It's a complete pain in the you know what.
    If you don't update, what happens I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Yes Samsung. It's a complete pain in the you know what.
    If you don't update, what happens I wonder?

Your phone still works and you don't have to buy a new one.

You don't have to update, IMO it is best to keep most phones on the software version they come with, updates that break things or make the device slower are common.

If you really want to update then do some googling, plenty of forums around that will give you a good idea if the update is worth it.

Same goes for apps, if it is working to your liking then why update? At least read the reviews first, plenty of formerly useful apps are turned to shyt with the wrong update.

Be particularly careful on older, less powerful or space limited devices. The latest version may have great new features but if your device cannot handle the added resources needed to run them it is no good.

Advertisement