Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Covid for describing a face mask as a muzzle

Options
  • 08-08-2020 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Can I appeal this please. Surely I can express myself in my own way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Have you raised it with the mod in question? That's the first step of the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

mike_ie wrote: »
    Have you raised it with the mod in question? That's the first step of the process.

Yes I have. They objected to the use of the word “muzzle”, I raised it with them but no response.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you are referring to the PM you sent to me, please note I did not issue the forum ban. I threadbanned you from the Masks and main Covid 19 threads and your forum ban was issued by another mod for ignoring the threadban

I would also add that the PM to me made no attempt to resolve this. It simply asked a question about your use of the term "muzzle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Beasty wrote: »
    If you are referring to the PM you sent to me, please note I did not issue the forum ban. I threadbanned you from the Masks and main Covid 19 threads and your forum ban was issued by another mod for ignoring the threadban

I would also add that the PM to me made no attempt to resolve this. It simply asked a question about your use of the term "muzzle"

Yes I was thread banned for using the term muzzle to describe face masks in the context of not agreeing with mandatory face masks. After being thread banned in a busy thread and not reading that particular post telling me I was banned, I posted again. I understood that if there is a thread ban, you lose the ability to post on that thread.
    Be that as it may, the reason for being thread banned was for using the word muzzle and an accusation of trolling.
    Have had subsequent pms with the mod but they still seem fixated on my use of the word muzzle and continue to suggest that this is trolling. I don’t think the mod is going to see my POV.

Can I have the ban lifted please?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You are conflating two separate issues here.

You were not forum banned for your choice of words - you we're banned for a week for (by your own admission) breaching your threadban. Ten of Swords is the mod who applied that ban, and you need to take the discussion up with them before continuing down the avenue of DRP.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

7 weeks since the OP posted - marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement