Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards GS Outing - Gowran Park GC - 29th August, NB 11.10 first tee time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Hi Space have to decline now due to Kildare getting another 2 weeks in the can with no unnecessary travel outside the county i would love to go but we need to show those oireacthas GS muppets some leadership. Apologies again.

Bit like the rovers ****ting their pants and the gypsys right up their hole. Roll on September 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Bit like the rovers ****ting their pants and the gypsys right up their hole. Roll on September 5th

Ps no chance I think we follow through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Rearranged camogie fixtures came out and at present our match is fixed for 7 Saturday so unfortunately there's a good chance I'll be out of the golf cause even out in first group is too tight on time. I'll let you know for definate by Wednesday if that's ok Space?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rearranged camogie fixtures came out and at present our match is fixed for 7 Saturday so unfortunately there's a good chance I'll be out of the golf cause even out in first group is too tight on time. I'll let you know for definate by Wednesday if that's ok Space?

Hold on a minute.
    Surely golf is more important that camogie?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hi space,

I've to abandon this one too unfortunately. The wife is claiming to have more important previously booked plans.

After a weeks negotiations "we" have agreed she is correct.

Apologies

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hi space,

I've to abandon this one too unfortunately. The wife is claiming to have more important previously booked plans.

After a weeks negotiations "we" have agreed she is correct.

Apologies

thats grounds for divorce

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Ps no chance I think we follow through
    Howya keeping 79, i could go and believe me about 48 % of me wants to go next Saturday. The question i ask myself is which way will we control this illness better, by all of us doing whats asked, yes at times through gritted teeth or by all of us doing our own thing despite the best advice. i think we all know the answer to that. The minority of people that are not willing to suck it up trying to justify to themselves why they are going against current best advice helps perpetuate the restrictions for the majority who are willing again often through gritted teeth to do whats been asked. As for the Red and Blacks yea weird its looks like a 2 horse race between Dublins top 2. Imagine the crowd at the first derby back in Tallaght mmmmm something to look forward to. Deffo full house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Seve OB wrote:
    Hold on a minute. Surely golf is more important that camogie?

It's frowned upon to not turn up when your captain ha

It's frowned upon to not turn up when your captain ha

I promise to turn up to all events when you are captain of the society. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Hey Lads,

Sorry but I won't be able to make it next Saturday. Somethings come up with work that requires my attention. :(

I've already tried to decline it on teamer but not sure if you can do that once you've accepted it? Let me know if I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

Hey Lads,

Sorry but I won't be able to make it next Saturday. Somethings come up with work that requires my attention. :(

I've already tried to decline it on teamer but not sure if you can do that once you've accepted it? Let me know if I'm wrong.

Yea you can change. Just go into it and hit decline.

I’ll do it for you now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Droppin like flies.

Understand the problem for people in Kildare, and have no issue with dropping out on the basis of the guidelines.

As seve said you should be able to change your status on Teamer from accepted to declined, no problem.

Morning All.

Timesheet below. Covid shutdowns have hit a few people, so numbers have dropped a bit. If I missed a time request, let me know. I think I covered everyone who asked for early/late

Tee Time|Player 1|Player 2|Player 3
    14:00|Macker1|Benny79|Rainbow Warrior
    14:08|FixDePitchmark|Break80|Woodyg
    14:16|Pakman|Scubapro|Jarrieta
    14:24|Tigerwood1|OffalyMedic|Ballyk
    14:32|Princess Poppy|Kieran.|Snackbox20
    14:40|Slave1|Gypsy79|Athlone99
    14:48|The Big Easy|Paulos53|CharlieIRL
    14:56|Spacecoyote|Recycled|Kiith

As always, please send updates asap for any circumstantial changes. Also, can people start to send through payments over Revolut to me please.

Have received in a couple so far, but not many.

There is food available afterwards for people that want it. If I could get confirmed numbers for food I may be able to get menus and pre-order (need to confirm that)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Morning All.

Timesheet below. Covid shutdowns have hit a few people, so numbers have dropped a bit. If I missed a time request, let me know. I think I covered everyone who asked for early/late

14:00|Macker1|Benny79|Rainbow Warrior
    14:08|FixDePitchmark|Break80|Woodyg
    14:16|Pakman|Scubapro|Jarrieta
    14:24|Tigerwood1|OffalyMedic|Ballyk
    14:32|Princess Poppy|Kieran.|Snackbox20
    14:40|Slave1|Gypsy79|Athlone99
    14:48|The Big Easy|Paulos53|CharlieIRL
    14:56|Spacecoyote|Recycled|Kiith

As always, please send updates asap for any circumstantial changes. Also, can people start to send through payments over Revolut to me please.

Have received in a couple so far, but not many.

There is food available afterwards for people that want it. If I could get confirmed numbers for food I may be able to get menus and pre-order (need to confirm that)

Hi, car is in the garage today, hopefully fixed for Sat, it is only replacing a tire, but looks like not easy to find... Garage is calling me when they know more. Will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

@spacecoyote, any room for me to join? Looks like my captain's cup is cancelled due to the lock down.

@spacecoyote, any room for me to join? Looks like my captain's cup is cancelled due to the lock down.

add yourself into teamer there

Seve OB wrote: »
    add yourself into teamer there

I am accepted on teamer

Very welcome back newindublin. Revised timesheet attached:

14:00|Macker1|Benny79
    14:08|FixDePitchmark|Break80
    14:16|Rainbow Warrior|Woodyg|Pakman
    14:24|Princess Poppy|Scubapro|Jarrieta
    14:32|Tigerwood1|OffalyMedic|Ballyk
    14:40|NewInDublin|Kieran.|Snackbox20
    14:48|Slave1|Gypsy79|Athlone99
    14:56|The Big Easy|Paulos53|CharlieIRL
    15:04|Spacecoyote|Recycled|Kiith

Cost for the day will remain the same as Portarlington at 35+2 with Revolut used for payment where possible.

Thanks Spacecoyote!

With Revolut, I have an account but i barely use it. Would sending the payment be something we sort out at the course then?

For the last event, basically everyone who could pay, had paid prior to arrival at the event, so I could just go in & pay with the card then.

I can generate a payment request to you and see if that works.

• Advertisement

Not yet part of the society but plan on being for next year's outings, very best of luck this week all!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Really looking forward to playing the round with the Big Easy and Paulos, it’s been years since we were out together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Very welcome back newindublin. Revised timesheet attached:

14:24|Princess Poppy|Scubapro|Jarrieta
    14:48|Slave1|Gypsy79|Athlone99

looking forward to this, never played here but heard good things.

Have to make another quick change to accommodate 2 members travelling together.

14:24|Princess Poppy|Scubapro|Gypsy79
    14:48|Slave1|Jarrieta|Athlone99

Switched Gypsy79 and Jarrieta. Please note the update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

It's ok to pass through Kildare and pick someone up as long as they are essential ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Phil Hogan back in Ireland over weekend . Was looking for a game there on Twitter.

He could fill one of the two balls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

Phil Hogan back in Ireland over weekend . Was looking for a game there on Twitter.

He could fill one of the two balls ?

He rang me earlier whilst driving from his latest Covid Test. To be honest I told him to feck off. No time for him given his background going back to the Irish Water debacle.

Hi All,

Have a call from Gowran who had a cancellation from a different society. They have slots free now at 11:10 rather than the 14:00

I've posted this in the Outing Whatsapp I set up, but want it in here too.

At the moment, have around 10-12 replies happy with the earlier time, so I'm likely to confirm this later this afternoon.

Mods, could we get a Title update accordingly

Updated Timesheet in line with the above post:

11:10|Macker1|Snackbox20

11:20|FixDePitchmark|Break80
    11:30|Rainbow Warrior|Woodyg|Pakman
    11:40|Princess Poppy|Paulos53|Kiith
    11:50|Tigerwood1|Recycled|Ballyk
    12:00|Scubapro|The Big Easy|CharlieIRL
    12:10|Slave1|Golfnut203|Athlone99
    12:20|Kieran.|NewInDublin|Benny79
    12:30|Spacecoyote|OffalyMedic|Gypsy79

Please check your tee time before you the weekend and be ready to go.

To note, I will be giving Gowran everyones names, as they've requested it for contact tracing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I dont post in the golf forum at all, but have been a long time lurker and have started to take up golf for the first time this year, joining a club for the first time and trying to get some rounds in. Enjoying it so far but I dont know many members at my club so I struggle to find people to play with. As I see there might be a few slots free, would it be too late to join the society and get involved this weekend?

Advertisement