If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" - 43" TV

Options
  • 08-08-2020 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

hi there
              we currently have a 24" Toshiba TV which has served us well for 5 years and is probably quite crap but does the trick. I am looking to upgrade but am somewhat bambozzled by the various offerings and 4K, HDR, 1080p etc etc. What in your opinion is the best upgrade value wise for us given that we will not be using it for video games but merely watching TV and 43" would be max i would like in sitting room. Would like decent sound if possible as i think very important when watching films so open to either tv with everything or tv and sound bar. 
             would spend up to 400e or thereabouts. 
    btw - can you use amazon echo as tv speaker??

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

topdecko wrote: »
    hi there
              we currently have a 24" Toshiba TV which has served us well for 5 years and is probably quite crap but does the trick. I am looking to upgrade but am somewhat bambozzled by the various offerings and 4K, HDR, 1080p etc etc. What in your opinion is the best upgrade value wise for us given that we will not be using it for video games but merely watching TV and 43" would be max i would like in sitting room. Would like decent sound if possible as i think very important when watching films so open to either tv with everything or tv and sound bar. 
    Hi topdecko,

Thanks for the post!

The most noticeable upgrade would definitely be a 4K TV as the difference between 4K content and 1080p content is quite big! However there are no 32" TVs that have 4K panels, you would really be starting at a 43". I would recommend something like the Samsung UE43TU7100. We are getting very low in stock of these but they're a great 4K Tv with a great smart hub as well. They're currently 429 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201460-denon-heos-go-pack-white-white-heos-1-battery-pack.aspx?swapstore=1

To use an Amazon Echo as a TV speaker you would need a headphone output on the TV to be able to connect to an analogue input on the Echo!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭topdecko

hi there
    Hi topdecko,

Thanks for the post!

The most noticeable upgrade would definitely be a 4K TV as the difference between 4K content and 1080p content is quite big! However there are no 32" TVs that have 4K panels, you would really be starting at a 43". I would recommend something like the Samsung UE43TU7100. We are getting very low in stock of these but they're a great 4K Tv with a great smart hub as well. They're currently 429 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201460-denon-heos-go-pack-white-white-heos-1-battery-pack.aspx?swapstore=1

To use an Amazon Echo as a TV speaker you would need a headphone output on the TV to be able to connect to an analogue input on the Echo!

Kind regards

David
    would probably go with LG over Samsung. do you have any of the LG 43UN73006LC in stock? Do all your TVs come with 6 year warranty?? have been looking everywhere for the 43UM7500 but cannot find anywhere with stock. 

hi there
    Hi topdecko,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    would probably go with LG over Samsung. do you have any of the LG 43UN73006LC in stock? Do all your TVs come with 6 year warranty?? have been looking everywhere for the 43UM7500 but cannot find anywhere with stock. 
    Hi topdecko,

The 43UM7500 is completely finished and no longer available to order!

I'm also currently out of stock of the LG 43UN73006 at the moment but we are due another batch at the end of August!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭topdecko

hi there
    Hi topdecko,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi topdecko,

I'm also currently out of stock of the LG 43UN73006 at the moment but we are due another batch at the end of August!

Kind regards

David
    hi David
               Seems to be  a recurrent issue with many of the TVs i have been looking at. What about Hisense TVs, what sort of feedback have you had regarding them. There is the 43" A7100 . Are they good value or is it worth the extra £100 for the LG? 
    Again just need it for Watching TV but not sure if 4K Hisense = 4K in more expensive TV etc. 

Thanks for advice - fed up looking at TV reviews so let me know if Hisense a possibility and will get one. 
    Thanks 

Declan 

hi there
    Hi topdecko,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi topdecko,

Kind regards

David
    hi David
               Seems to be  a recurrent issue with many of the TVs i have been looking at. What about Hisense TVs, what sort of feedback have you had regarding them. There is the 43" A7100 . Are they good value or is it worth the extra £100 for the LG? 
    Again just need it for Watching TV but not sure if 4K Hisense = 4K in more expensive TV etc. 

Thanks for advice - fed up looking at TV reviews so let me know if Hisense a possibility and will get one. 
    Thanks 

Declan 
    Hi Declan,

The Hisense are actually brilliant TVs! I haven't seen one of the 2020 models running yet but I have seen they've been getting incredible reviews and write ups! They also support Dolby Vision!

I have the 43AE7400FTUK available to order at £379!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204810-hisense-43ae7400ftuk-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.