Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best treatment to kill wasps, nest entrance not accessible

• 08-08-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've noticed wasps have been nesting in a cavity wall at the back of my garden behind my shed. The entrance is not assessable but I can see them flying in and out. The closest I can get to it is about 2 or 3 foot away so I can't get at the entrance.

It would be possible to spray them as they fly in and out.

Is it best to use the wasp nest powder, the wasp nest foam, fly and wasp killer spray, or another product?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

If you dose the area with the powder, they should drag it in. I had them in a house under the tiles and this worked for me.

After activity stopped, I lifted the tiles and removed the physical nest. Dosed the cavity to stop re-occurance and no problem there since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Stigura

Best policy would be to A/ Pay a local professional. Or B/ Stay away from them and know that they'll be gone in another month or so anyway.

" Oh! But they might sting me! "

Possibly. And they'll bloody near sure as hell sting you, if ye start chucking stuff at them! Your call, Sherlock.

Advertisement