Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

0.4kWh today, wow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Plenty to reverse out of driveway with😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

It is the beauty of solar energy!

I get people all the time asking me if I heat my houses entirely with the panels.....yeap sure i do!

I got 0.9kwh myself today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

9.7kwh yesterday, just 4.4 today. Lots of fog around lately.

Unlikely to hit the months forecast. Still ahead of the target for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lenan

Stupid question

By 5 directions do you mean you have panels on 5 different parts of the roof or something else. We're getting quotes and we were told panels can only go on 2 different strings?

Many thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

You can only have two strings. But the panels on each string can face whatever direction you want.....if the all have optimisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

In general 5/6 kW inverters only have two MPPT trackers with 1 string each. Larger inverters generally have more - for instance the new Tigo inverters in the US have 3 or 4 MPPTs but those inverters are 7.6 and 11 kW. They also support 2 strings per MPPT. The same Tigo European models only go as high as 6kW (single phase) and have 2 MPPTs with 1 string each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

We have 3 roof directions on 2 inverters (so only using 3 of the 4 strings available on the inverters). Small roof so we had to use every orientation.

As others posted before I got to read this, I have panels facing different directions on the same string (and use of optimisers), doing it as no choice really as that's simply the space I have available

Do you see any performance hit doing that? I know it's all you have. Would be good to know for family + friends who will get solar in time and might have no other option.

• Advertisement

I have no way of knowing, it is what it is and although some stats would be nice when you are left with no alternative you just have to work with what you have

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

Are they Tigo optimisers? You could install their monitoring device (approx 320 euro though) and that will report stats for every panel and also difference between what you'd generate with and without the optimisers

They are but I'm not €320 curious to know what's happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

New low-record for me today, a measly 370Wh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭micks_address

1kwh here north Dublin.. tomorrow looks brighter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

11.5kwh here in Roscommon.

From a 6.9kw system, S. Facing

Would have been a little better but the heavens opened after 3

Post edited by paulbok on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Can folks say what size system they have in kW also when they quote their generation for the day? Much more useful.

I got 3kwh in Dublin on a 5.6kW system, but 4kwh of the system is getting clipped badly with the shading so need to get optimisers on to sort that out. Should get a bit more then.

4.7kwh here north Dublin.. 4kw panels south east, 3 kw panels north west

5.6kwh with 4kw south facing in South Meath today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

13 kwh from 6.9 kWp due South today.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mrm

2.3kWh here in Mayo, from 4.6kW facing SE and 2.0kW facing NW. Heavens opened up here at 3 also but that was 3 in the morning and continued on through the day.😥

5.7kWh today after a stinker yesterday.

7.44kWp south and west in Donegal. I'm already at about 120% of my monthly prediction mind you and 3 days to spare. Makes up for a turd of an October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

20.7 produced today which is superb for November. Well on target to beat forecast for this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Our south facing 8.2kWp array is really showing its weakness in these lower sun days. There's a lot of cloud cover during peak generation times so I'm generally getting only 3-6kWh per day. 5kWh yesterday. Comparing that to october's peak of over 30kWh is mad.

Next step in expansion absolutely has to be West facing. With my long term goal of getting completely off grid, it's simply not possible when you're getting multiple single digit days in a row. I do have room for another 4kWp south facing too, so I think the next two strings will be 4kWp south facing (to fill in the remaining space on that side of the house) and 4kWp west facing on the top of my office. (The aspect of my house is interesting. The house is SSE + NNW facing, with the office perpendicular so I have some good room for E/W split arrays).

Don't expect much from west facing these days if your south face is already low.

This was a breakdown of my 7kWh yield yesterday. West never got above 0.5kW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What's the green, south?

Our NW has dropped off a cliff since end Sept or so. Sun never hits it now. Got 16kWh this month for 1.2kWp of panels (all the roof fits). But it was rocking until end Sept and helped us in the evening. Only have solar since July so no idea when it will see sunlight again. But I’m still glad I have it 

• Advertisement

Yeah I've nw since start of November and it's getting nothing.. curious to see when it kicks in.. I'm guessing around March?

Advertisement