Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

graememk wrote: »
    Not counting the immersion in any savings calculations as it's a bonus, and the immersion was never used before this.

That's my point though. If its not counted as a saving (I'm doing the same) then it's not a good thing to be "losing" such a high percentage to the immersion rather than using it for the house.

My main aim is to avoid export. Avoiding Eddi use is next priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,627 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

graememk wrote: »
    Not counting the immersion in any savings calculations as it's a bonus, and the immersion was never used before this.

If it's easily measurable then you should count it as a saving! But of course only at the cost it normally takes to heat your water (and if you would have had to heat your water anyway - as in if you are a high hot water consumer)

This cost is only about 5c / kWh though if you have an efficient gas or oil boiler

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

unkel wrote: »
    If it's easily measurable then you should count it as a saving! But of course only at the cost it normally takes to heat your water (and if you would have had to heat your water anyway - as in if you are a high hot water consumer)

This cost is only about 5c / kWh though if you have an efficient gas or oil boiler

As you know its the parents, and water would have been heated by turf, and the biggest cost in that is in time (hassle, keeping a fire ticking over, ashes, etc) and the big win will be in the summer months where they dont have to have a fire on every day etc.

Its being measured and recorded. and 5c/kwh would be a reasonable figure, as the heat is going somewhere!

(An Id4 might be on the cards for them if they decide to change cars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

First full day only installed yesterday.

KWh : 17.2 for 1 Oct
    KWP: 4.65
    Split string: 2.17 Kwp (SE) 2.48Kwp (SW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Nice going. Shows how important orientation is. With an E/W split(2.4/2.4) I only got 11.1 today.

• Advertisement

October started with a bang...

KWh: 20.9 for 1st October
    KWP: 6.2
    Split string: 2.8kWp(S)/3.4kWp(W)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

DrPhilG wrote: »
    October started with a bang...

KWh: 20.9 for 1st October
    KWP: 6.2
    Split string: 2.8kWp(S)/3.4kWp(W)

Planned network outage(9.10 —17.15) meant I only manage 0.4kWh 😢 over here in South donegal.

Planned network outage(9.10 —17.15) meant I only manage 0.4kWh 😢 over here in South donegal.

Ouch, that sucks. It could be dark, dreary and pishing down for the next year and they'll not schedule any more until the next sunny day!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

KWh: 27.7 for 2nd October
    KWP: 5
    Single String South

4th Oct, Storm Alex, 1.4kwh

5.6kwp of panels.

• Advertisement

Smashed all records today.

0.4kWh, yee haw.

I'm sure that's only because we had a power cut from 9 to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

0.7 kwh today
    Thats insane, might cover the power of my invertor �� ��

4.4kw system

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    0.7 kwh today
    Thats insane, might cover the power of my invertor �� ��

4.4kw system

Nearly double my figure, and I've got 6.2kwp!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Smashed all records today.

0.4kWh, yee haw.

I'm sure that's only because we had a power cut from 9 to 11.

First time i beat ye Phil lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

As this is only my 4th or 5th day with system was curious how bad wet dull days were and secondly if people even post to this thread in those scenarios !!!!
    Heres how my system performed !!

KWh : 1.3 for 4 Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

idc wrote: »
    As this is only my 4th or 5th day with system was curious how bad wet dull days were and secondly if people even post to this thread in those scenarios !!!!
    Heres how my system performed !!

KWh : 1.3 for 4 Oct

Posting on a dull day is every bit as valid and important to ensure you are performing in line, it isn't about only posting I knocked it out of the park today figures so don't even question posting. We are all looking for info and to learn.

(Though having said that it does look like I knocked it out of the park today!!)
    4.1 kwh for 4th October.
    South East
    5.6 kw system

E30M3 wrote: »
    Posting on a dull day is every bit as valid and important to ensure you are performing in line, it isn't about only posting I knocked it out of the park today figures so don't even question posting. We are all looking for info and to learn.

(Though having said that it does look like I knocked it out of the park today!!)
    4.1 kwh for 4th October.
    South East
    5.6 kw system

Weather yesterday was brutal, v dark and never stopped raining.

On a b bright overcast day could easily produce 7-800 W

Going to be more of the same today and tomorrow in Donegal I think.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,338 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

2.2kwh for me yesterday. Stark contrast to Saturday where I got 14kwh.

(3.7kWp system, SW facing, Mayo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭rx8

I thought mine was bad yesterday too, but it seems like we're all in the same boat. I managed a paltry 0.8kwh

• Advertisement

Slight improvement today, 0.2 so far. Absolutely horrible weather still. 24/7 grey cloudy drizzle.

I never really check my production or post in here, but for the craic I just looked and I produced just over 1kWh yesterday :D

Dublin, about 4kwp mostly south, some west

Probably the worst day since some time back at the end of last winter!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,338 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thinks brightening up outside here today, should get the battery charged up today at least.

5.7kWh today, still crap but after 0.4 and 2.9 it's going the right way at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

1.8 on Sunday, 5.1 Monday and 9 today.

7th October - 7kWh
    8th October - 16.7kWh
    9th October - 16.3kWh

6 so far today but the sun is starting to peep out so should pick up now.

10th - 8
    11th - 10
    12th - 10.7
    13th - 8.7

Took a meter reading last night. In the last 8 weeks I've used 120 day units and 362 night.

Adding in standing charge and I'm expecting a bill of around €100. Same period last year was €261.

It has been exceptionally sunny though in the last 6 weeks or so, Phil. No harm of course comparing electricity bills, but your expectations of your savings are unrealistically high.

Not that that matters all that much. You got a big system for a very good price and it will pay back at some stage and save you money. It also has a big impact on the environment. If every household in the country had 6kwp of PV and EVs only (and businesses were 100% renewable) and Ireland produced 200% of its total electricity needs for the grid with wind, that would be most of the climate change battle won.

unkel wrote: »
    No harm of course comparing electricity bills, but your expectations of your savings are unrealistically high.

When I set out my predicted savings pre-install, I was told they were too optimistic.

When I almost achieved them in August I was told they'll half in the next month (they didn't).

When September exceeded prediction I was told that October would be a shock to the system.

Now October is (so far) ahead of predicted numbers I'm still told that my expectations are unrealistic.

I'll just keep on recording the numbers...

• Advertisement

Being out in it, every day, the weather has been average, plenty of rain, all the heavy stock are in, ground is too wet to support them.
    but nowhere near the indian summers we have some years.

Decent nip in the air too which helps the panels stay cool when it is sunny out.

attached is a bar graph of the output since install

Advertisement