Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭con747

Ah now, you should get a thread ban with @ECO_Mental for those numbers. 😂

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agreed, us shaders feeling the brunt of it these days, clear skies here and at 12:25 I'm at 2.6kWh on 14.7kWp😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Think the low sun affecting lots too. One of my arrays are higher pitch and provide nearly 33% more than the second array at lower pitch.

19kwh generated today but this December is definitely not the norm so far and will live it up for as long as it lasts for next few days before I expect it to drop back to usual December weather

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

50kwh of the 88 predicted for the month but off 8.4kwp. The afternoon low sun is killing it though. Losing out from large trees from 2:30pm then the sun goes behind a large hill by 3:15pm. With a higher sun in the months to come hopefully things will get better.

May have to introduce the large trees to the Stihl for next winter if the Ukrainians don’t crack on a bit.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

First clear day up here in donegal in Dec, Looks like im going to actually generate some power today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Yesterday was a good as we get and a great day for December considering we are almost at the shortest day of the year.

Today mind you....unless the sun burns through. Even at this sort of cloud/fog cover we are generating 600w+ so base load and some covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

1st winter on solar for me. I’m amazed they can produce in fog. We’re getting 300+w from a 5kWP. I think that’s class. That's covering my new infrared heater (330w) in the WFH room.

Was also amazed they producing while the panels had some snow on them. Ok, very low output and was a light amount of snow - but I assumed they would do nothing. 

Even in Ireland on a day like today they produce something. I think a lot of people have a misconception about the effectiveness of solar pv in Ireland.

On a bright crisp day like yesterday an excess of 7.7kWh went into the car which is 10% battery capacity or approx. 40km of free driving. I could just as easily have ran a couple of electric radiators to heat the house, brilliant for this time of the year.

Another few days and there will be stretch in the evenings...😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

4kw surplus being pumped into EV with house battery and DHW topped up and washing done, needless to say I'm loving my PV!

may this glorious 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 continue.....

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

A friend sent me this. Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah I'm amazed.. freezing fog here and panels generating 650 watts.. I've seen It less than that on a cloudy day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Barely getting 250 watts an hour today, not so much fog as low lying cloud. still on track to beat the December forecast. (100/170 so far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Snow won't just Fxxx off from the panels. Temps are set like this until Friday, so the blue skies are going to be wasted by the looks of it. <sniff>

Still my daily record for December (from last year) was 3.3Kwhr so it's not as if my E/W split contributes much this time of year. Annoying more than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I am really seeing the impacts of shading from trees across the road. Some have been cut down and my daily production (on 8kWp) is gone from 3 to 4kWh. That was just two trees cut.

For next year I am planning another 4kWp to the left as you look, on my roof, to fill in the blanks. That part of the roof is less obstructed for low sun. That would bring me to 12kWp, and I'd probably add another 2-3kWp (or whatever the roof will take) on my office.

Those changes would increase my daily input in december because I'm gone from high teens and low 20's to 4kWh a day in december. Obviously with aims to go off grid 4kWh isnt going to cut it!

Another cracking day for December. Annoyingly solcast predicted 5kwh so charged my batteries last night albeit only costing 63c.

Away from home today but another €4.60 from fit and washer and dryer on timers done.

Think it looks like it's all change from the weekend back to December norms

2.08kwh production today which isn't bad considering we had freezing fog all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

2kwh today from 4kwp. Foggy the whole day in Meath

We seem to have similar production.. I'm 4kwp south east and 3 south west (doing very little this time of the year)

Whooping 2.7kWh from all day foggy skies in the Midlands

I am south east'ish' and not too far from you so our system almost match this time of the year. 44wkh this month so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

Since we were talking about Tigo optimizers for shading issues, anybody know a good place to pick them up?

I managed 3kWh today, we've had constant freezing fog for over a week now in my area.....🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭con747

Tigo optimisers are like hens teeth these days.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

exactly, midsummer in uk has them (last time i checked) but irish site not for a month or two - kicking myself i didn't buy some earlier. Found them on some european solar supplier but more expensive

Optimising Winter sun is not financially worth it, if you're getting the shading all year then go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭The devils

Crappy 2kw today 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

0.8kWh 😭

3.8kWh today, the ups and downs of the last few days.

• Advertisement

Pretty poor day here in West. Just over 6kwh generated. Tomorrow and day after look like december record breakers though ☀️

Advertisement