Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

4.6, not the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

4.67. North east. Lots of fog and cloud

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

hopefully forecast for Galway holds as I've shortened the night-time charge of the batteries (via the new fangled data logger & app!.... i know, i know... for us non-HA folks it'll do! 😂🙄) ... will be out all day so want max. that ole self consumption! (deemed export for now)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Best day of the month so far, 8.2kwh from a 2.5 kwh system facing south in Galway.

Two wash's and the remining 6kw went into 2 oil rads.Using the tapo smart plugs gives great flexibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Advertisement

19.4kWh from a 6.7kwp system (4.6 peak).. for mid-Dec, that surpasses my most optimistic expectations. aren't these type of dry bright winters modelled to be more common with climate change..... 🤔 (aaaah, I used the CC words!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

I can turn the rads on via phone app when I see I am producing enough juice from panels, I not very tech savvy 😕but it allows me to use production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

I’ve the Tapo plugs too. Afaik can’t integrate into HA, which I don’t have running anyway. Other TP Link ones do integrate.

I’ve them setup to Alexa so I can tell Alexa to turn the plugs on or off if I don’t want to bother with the Tapo app. And I’ve Alexa set to turn off several plugs for 5mins when we boil the kettle or use the microwave or run the hairdryer. I just have a routine where I say ‘Alexa, turn off blah…’. It is automation, based on the human saying something 😊 All small stuff, but means I’m not pulling heaps of kW at the same time.

I set some stuff to run at night so I start the appliance, then tell Alexa to turn the Tapo plug off. Have a recurring start time on the plug for the night time. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Brilliant day for December and perfect curve. 25kw generated today and similar expected tomorrow before it changes

Jealous, only 5.2kwh. Cloud blocked out the sun most of the morning, then lost the sun by 3. Those south facing arrays are rocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

3.3kwh from 4wkp SE in Meath today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

4.1kw from 3kwh SW in north kildare. saw 5.5 last week. I guess 6 is possible but I cant get my head around some of the figures here. Probably a bit of shading is taking a bit off the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

13.6kWh from 6.9kWp, South (200°) facing, bit of a blip around lunch, but looking at the curve, it couldn't do much more. Only really gets going after 10am and dead at 4pm. Nothing exported but 1kWh into the Eddi.

Tomorrow forecasted as sunny and that looks to be it for a while so production likely to tank over Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

"Grand auld stretch in the evening now." :-)

There. I said it! Evenings are getting longer now!

yep, I start checking https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ireland/galway?month=12&year=2022

every year around the start of November, just to reassure myself that the day length-loss curve is happily flattening! and I always consider that summer starts now! 🤨😁

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Too bad the mornings are still getting darker! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

13/12 15kwh

14/12 12 kwh

From 6.6 kwp SE facing in North West, not unhappy with those numbers, got washing and drying done and heat in room where WFH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

8kWp south south east here but struggling to top 4kWh most days.

Don't care about the mornings. I'm in bed until 8:30am! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

A perfect day for us and today shaping up to be the same. Barring a disaster for the second half of the month we should be easily passing last years total, sorry to jinx it all...🤐

Peaking at 4.26kW so about 66% of peak production.

• Advertisement

Crikey it's pitiful this time of year. Forgotten how bad.....

Dec 13th and 14th was when the panels were covered in snow. (blue skies)

This is off 5.3Kwp split E/W (exactly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

6.84kwh from 4kwh south east, 3kwh south west..north Dublin

Yeah, those collection of spikes (no curves!!) are pretty much same as my 4.9E/W (but I've a NW which has gone hibernating). @Gerry was asking how people are getting these 15-20kW days. I'm in a housing estate so suffer a lot of shade in winter (trees and houses). Those with a S setup and no neighbours / shading are away with it with clear blue skies.

My daily average for Dec is 2.8kWh!! Worst day was below 1kWh - I could probably generate that with a dynamo myself :)

Roll on March when we start to see a decent climb!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

10.8kWh today from a 4.8kWp system. Currently sitting on 4.996MWh for the 2022 calendar year, so will comfortably crest that before the year is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Cut off from the Grid for an hour, around 11.00 (best time of production for me), but still managed a respectable 6.3kwh from 4whp SSE in Meath!

The bad thing though is that my battery is too cold up in the loft and the BMS is limiting the charging amps which means I exported 2wkh.....Eddi could only take 1kwh and I run out of stuff to turn on! :-)

A low watt plug in rad would soak it up if you had one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

4.07kWh today (3.36 system - SW) so far the best production. Within 2 weeks, peek production went down from 1.8kW to 1.3kW.

5.9kwh of 8.4kwp in the north east. 72 kWh for the month. 88kwh was predicted for the month so pretty good. Need a Wi-Fi plug to turn on a rad sent 2kwh to the grid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah shading plays a big part. Anyway 5.5kwh from 3kwp today, I would say thats probably near the most thats possible. 30kwh for the month so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

11.7 kwh yesterday off 6.6kwp here in NW

Advertisement