Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

9.4kwh from 3kw sw and 1kw ne today. happy with that for early feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

9.8 here from 4kwp south east, 3 kwp north west.. I've noticed even without much sun I'm generating more just with the brightness.. only have panels since November but I suspect I've seen nothing yet in terms or potential generation

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

18.8 from 14.7kWp, midlands, by far the best day in months

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

28.8kWh from almost south-facing 10.4kW of panels in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭thewiseowl12

Hi all on this forum,

I'm just wondering if anyone would be willing to share a data download from their solar panels for a research project proposal that I'm involved with?

I don't need any identifying data in terms of gps coordinates or house data etc - just the orientation of the panels and basically an excel file with the energy production per minute or dated time period?

I would be extremely grateful if even one person was willing to share a data download for even a short period!

Please pm if you have something like I've described handy and are willing to contribute.

Many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭circadian

Smashed it. 11.7kw/h at the end of day. Closest so far this year was 9.7kw/h on the 31st January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭con747

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Pm me with what you want, I have that data, I think I can pull the data out what you want.

It will be DC power measured by the inverter, before inverter losses. Low slope NE/SW oversized 8.6kwp on a 6kw inverter.

Also on daily production,

25.6kwh!! (On 17kwp though 😂)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Best day of the year for me today. 7.1kwh from 3.2kwp SE, .8 NW, .8 W. Panels in shade until about 11.45.

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yearly record as well, 14.3kwh, estimates useless at 5kwh and even met.ie forecasted clouds the whole day, sunny instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

13.7 KWh from a 4.4 KWp system in the midlands. Delighted with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

17.7 kWh on 6kwp 05/02 south Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

13.2kWh today from a 4.8kWp system.

Glad to see the sunshine has finally arrived. Ran house from grid last night; first time in a long time not charging over night. Same again tonight.

17.9kWh today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

finished the day with 10kWh on the nose.

Curious to see in this thread the amount of folks with bigger than 8-9kWp, meaning there is more than 6kW inverter on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

A 4.8kwp system installed at the end of November, badly effected by shading from trees due to low winter sun, Sunday my best day yet, 7.4kWh, peak power of 2,583, also highest yet....

Thinks will hopefully keep getting better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

Just 0.2Kwh in total for the day (6th February). Low cloud and drizzle all day long here on NW coast. This was my worst day for solar generation since a 5.6Kwh install went live on 18th January. (SW /220/225 degrees orientation).

Funnily enough the best day to date was the day before (5th Feb) generating a total of 13.4kwh.

7th Feb Total just in, after a wet morning and overcast conditions until 11am or so finsihed the day generating 7.9kwh

Post edited by Granolite on

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

7.3kWh today. Never really got going.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks for the reply Paul - I think Im just confused with how it worked.

I dont have a smart meter and have no intention of getting one either on the advice of the reci.

Heres how it was explained to me.

Lets say my meter is at 1000 - I buy 10 units so effectively owe the supplier for 10 units and my meter is at 1010. Then I export 10 units and the meter goes backwards to 1000 again. Effectively the meter readings will show I owe the supplier nothing - I import 10 units and then export 10 units - meter stays the same. Im getting the full benefit of my meter spinning backwards at a one to one ratio.

The deemed export is separate is it not ?

Bord Gais will pay me 18.5 cent per unit exported on the deemed rate but with the meter spinning backwards I get each unit at my full rate??

So by turning off the eddi when its already at max temperature due to the gas heating the water - only at this time of the year though Im basically sending everything excess back to the grid and getting the benefit of the meter going backwards?

For example today theres no one home. I have my base load @ 120 watts with spikes to 200w overnight now - It was 350-400 plus but Ive gotten used to turning everything off thats not needed. Ive exported almost all my production-bad day today only generated 2kw so far but have exported 1.2 kw of that.

On Sunday I generated 8.8kw and sent 4kw back to the grid - again water was already at max temp due to the heating being on and the base load is low even during the day when we are at home.

Is this the most efficient way to do things or should I be consuming more of my production ie electric heaters, or should I look at a battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

I know all of this well!!! With a backwards spinning meter, any unused unit are a full ‘credit’.

Separate to that you also get the deemed export based on the size of your inverter from when the NC6 form was submitted to the ESBN by your installer. Check with your installer to confirm they did submit that if you’re not sure, and ask them for a copy and to confirm the date submitted.

So you’re winning twice 😊

Because of that, don’t look at a battery. There is no gain until you lose the backwards spinning meter. You’ll only buy a battery that is costing money on the loan, plus incurring 20% electrical loses (so costing more to use). But do look at that once the meter is changed.

Once spring hits and you start to produce more, when you submit the reading each month add some units on top. As in don’t show a lower amount ever than the prior reading. Then you build a surplus which you’ll use in the winter.

Electricity costs more than gas (2.5 times more for me per kWh on 24hr tariff - but electric heating is more efficient so it’s really about 1.6 times more for me). So while you’ve the backwards spinning meter, use gas to heat the water and rads and it will cost less. Then your solar excess is a full ‘credit’. Then in summer when you’ve heaps of excess, you can start to use the Eddi again. That said I'm using less gas now as I want to reduce that and I'm ok with using more electricity even though it's more expensive - personal choice.

Or use electric heaters for targeted heating. I do that in the WFH room so the temp stays nice and constant.

We’re still using the same amount of energy as we did pre solar. I want it to reduce bills, not give us capacity to use more (we don’t need to – low usage house anyway). And we’ve moved some heating to electric rads. That’s shifting how we heat, not making the house like an oven. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Another 8.5kWh day today.

Once the sun pattern gets above the trees across the road we're motoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

A poor day for me. just 1.1 kwh generated today.. it started off overcast but thin cloud and relatively bright, then more low cloud, drizzle and latterly rain as the day progressed. (5.6kwh system SW orientated)

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Would submitting an NC6 not trigger the ESB to come out and upgrade any old meter?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I hope not!! My meter is inside anyway. They cant change it without access to the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

How long since your install roughly?

That's good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭con747

Mine is almost a year since NC6 was forwarded and no sign yet. ESBN confirmed they received it. I live rurally and in a mobile blackspot with the meter inside so will be doing all I can to keep it without refusing a smart meter which I doubt will even work here. Always submit a reading above your last one though. Lets not derail this thread.

4.3kwh midlands.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

15.2kWh today with a 10.4 south facing array.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

Have mine 13 months now and no sign of any meter change. After the full year my meter is showing approx 800kWh less than what the logger is saying. Must be a glitch 😜.

Could be a case to under report the meter readings from now until say April and let the surplus eat into the difference, before over reporting them (slightly) during the summer. But that would be ethically dubious .......

@Hellrazer until you get an actual smart meter don't be worried about maximising export, you get paid on deemed export whether you export or not. Use as much as you can, find ways to minimise what gets exported, borrow and replace the units. The boost function on the Eddi is a great way to do this. Throw 3-5kw into it from the grid on days that production is poor. Let the surplus on the good days replace it on the 'meter.' that will cut down on your gas usage. I don't know what the conversion figure is for gas, but I use 10.5kWh =1l of oil to keep track of savings there. Current price of oil here is around €1.28 a litre so makes every kW put through the Eddi at the moment worth about 12c.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

4.6kwh today. 4.0kwp system pointed SW in Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

4.8kwh from 3.8kw in Clonee.

Based on weather reports have been expecting more every day, but then the day arrives and it's cloudy or dull.

Hoping for a good day tomorrow though.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement