Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭KCross

physioman wrote: »
    Have to agree on the pv aspect. It's not really suitable for ireland.

Why?

Do you live in a bunker?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

You can’t change the sun or clouds can you? There are sophisticated programs that will tell you exactly how much you expect to produce every month in Ireland so none of this is a surprise. As far as not being able to consume what you produce in the summer: Once we get a FiT nobody will be complaining about it.
    My self-consumption in May when I produced a phenomenal 767kWh was 62%. So I wouldn’t say I am not using what I produce. And now that I have an EV and a Zappi I expect that figure to be closer to 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic, i.e. daily production numbers...

6kWh yesterday. Today looks like a better day before slipping back into crap by Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

20th. 3.1
    21st. 3.5
    22nd. 7.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

garo wrote: »
    You can’t change the sun or clouds can you? There are sophisticated programs that will tell you exactly how much you expect to produce every month in Ireland so none of this is a surprise. As far as not being able to consume what you produce in the summer: Once we get a FiT nobody will be complaining about it.
    My self-consumption in May when I produced a phenomenal 767kWh was 62%. So I wouldn’t say I am not using what I produce. And now that I have an EV and a Zappi I expect that figure to be closer to 90.

That's all grand but how much have you spent getting setup? Panels, car, Zappi etc? How much has you electricity bills dropped by?

• Advertisement

Plenty of discussion in the quotes threads about cost and payback time if you'd care to look.

garo wrote: »
    Plenty of discussion in the quotes threads about cost and payback time if you'd care to look.

I only asked no need to be so rude about it. Nothing unusual for boards I suppose...

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I only asked no need to be so rude about it. Nothing unusual for boards I suppose...

How was he rude? You only asked, but you asked in a thread unrelated to your query so garo is suggesting that you ask in a more relevant place.

As a wise man once said, "try hard not to be offensive. Try harder not to be offended".

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Daft comparison, if you buy a car, you buy it knowing that you need it 12 months if the year, the same does not apply to solar pv, you never buy it to replace your dependence on grid power in it's entirety, that would be daft.

The same argument could be said for wind, why install.wind, when you can't rely on it when you need it most.

By the way, my pv production so far for the month of October is 270kwh, nothing to sneeze at by any means.

Apologies for going off thread.
    I personally wouldn't buy something that will not work for 3 months of the year.
    As for refit it'll be set very low pricewise...and pointless.turbines are similar in cold spells with no wind they're useless ..occuring at times of greater demand.
    The next 3 4 months will be very interesting to see how pv works in this country.
    That's my opinion doesn't mean I'm right.:)

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How was he rude? You only asked, but you asked in a thread unrelated to your query so garo is suggesting that you ask in a more relevant place.

As a wise man once said, "try hard not to be offensive. Try harder not to be offended".

All I wanted was a figure just to get an idea of the costs involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭KCross

richie123 wrote: »
    Apologies for going off thread.
    I personally wouldn't buy something that will not work for 3 months of the year.
    As for refit it'll be set very low pricewise...and pointless.turbines are similar in cold spells with no wind they're useless ..occuring at times of greater demand.
    The next 3 4 months will be very interesting to see how pv works in this country.

Do you have a heating system and rads etc in your house? You dont heat the house for 12 months of the year, do you?

Its a strawman argument to say that PV doesnt work for 3 months therefore its pointless for the other 9 months. Strange, is all I can say!
    If it makes financial sense for 9 months then it makes financial sense.... doesnt matter if its producing nothing for 3 months.

All I wanted was a figure just to get an idea of the costs involved.

Then I would take garo's advice and post in a relevant thread where you're more likely to get an answer.

Then I would take garo's advice and post in a relevant thread where you're more likely to get an answer.

Are you a moderator here? Very strange defensive attitude from both of you in this thread. A simple, it cost me X and I hope to have it pay for itself in X years surely can't be that difficult to tell us. You both strike me as the kind of fellas who have everything costed down to the last cent and could give those figures in a flash. Where I'd like to place panels faces wsw I'm in county Wexford so I'd probably get good output. Today would be very good sun is beaming down.

You both strike me as the kind of fellas who have everything costed down to the last cent and could give those figures in a flash.

I already did give a detailed breakdown of the cost of my system, and my monthly and daily production figures.

Guess where I did so?

The cost, in the solar PV quotes thread.

The monthly generation figures, in the monthly generation thread.

The daily generation figures, here. In the daily generation thread.

How is it so difficult to grasp that you should ask your question in a relevant place to improve your chances of getting an answer?

Would you go into a thread discussing fuel economy figures for a car, and ask about how much people are paying for window wipers?

I already did give a detailed breakdown of the cost of my system, and my monthly and daily production figures.

Guess where I did so?

The cost, in the solar PV quotes thread.

The monthly generation figures, in the monthly generation thread.

The daily generation figures, here. In the daily generation thread.

How is it so difficult to grasp that you should ask your question in a relevant place to improve your chances of getting an answer?

Would you go into a thread discussing fuel economy figures for a car, and ask about how much people are paying for window wipers?

Ah ok Mr angry man. I'll probably get another torrent of bile for asking for some links to those threads as that would be too helpful. The search function isn't the best.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

No more of this Cob & Phil Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Are you a moderator here? Very strange defensive attitude from both of you in this thread. A simple, it cost me X and I hope to have it pay for itself in X years surely can't be that difficult to tell us. You both strike me as the kind of fellas who have everything costed down to the last cent and could give those figures in a flash. Where I'd like to place panels faces wsw I'm in county Wexford so I'd probably get good output. Today would be very good sun is beaming down.

As the regular poster suggests. Post in the dedicated PV thread. This thread is for sharing pv statistic

Been averaging around 7kWh for the past three days.
    21st - 7.3
    22nd - 6.8
    23rd - 6.9 so far

Grid export has stopped almost completely and most days my battery is empty by 8-9pm. Lots of oven use these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

11.2kwh for today happy with that.
    And my battery is at 40% soon as sun goes my battery depletes fast

....some links to those threads as that would be too helpful. The search function isn't the best.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058055040&page=41

• Advertisement

Not quite done for the day, still rolling in 420w.

530318.jpg

But looking like finishing up on 11kWh. Not bad given the run of 2s and 3s lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

kanuseeme wrote: »
    There is a F-117 in your picture.

Sweet. The fella at BMW told me it was an i3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

richie123 wrote: »

Why the next 3 or 4 months ? What not the last 12 months, or 36months ? A

Getting back on topic, I produced 18kwh today, so thays nearly 300kwh so far for October, not shabby at all.

So far this year, produced 5071kwh and exported 871, so used approx 4,200kwh, or about 700euro with if electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 24 banana5kin

So, I posted a while back about new pv install and my lousy numbers. Finally got the installers out again (maybe ordering an additional panel helped). So they looked at the wiring and discovered that 3 of the 8 panels were wired incorrectly (pos and neg the wrong way around). So for the original 8 panels today after the re-wiring topped out just short of 2kw, where previously on the suniest days I was getting a max of 1.3kw, haven't got a figure for the 9 panels, but the weather forecast ain't great for the next while.

Sweet. The fella at BMW told me it was an i3...
    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's Superman!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

banana5kin wrote: »
    So, I posted a while back about new pv install and my lousy numbers. Finally got the installers out again (maybe ordering an additional panel helped). So they looked at the wiring and discovered that 3 of the 8 panels were wired incorrectly (pos and neg the wrong way around). So for the original 8 panels today after the re-wiring topped out just short of 2kw, where previously on the suniest days I was getting a max of 1.3kw, haven't got a figure for the 9 panels, but the weather forecast ain't great for the next while.

Good you got sorted,not great workmanship by your installer I would of eaten him out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

KCross wrote: »
    Why?

Do you live in a bunker?! :D

Very witty response...do you have a Pv system yourself kcross?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

7385s9a.jpg

Four panel system as part of a new build in Dublin facing ESE.

• Advertisement

Ended yesterday on 10.9kWh. Today was even better. Battery was full by lunchtime and generation at 6 by then.

Had a cloudy spell in the afternoon, but I'm at 12.8kWh now with 560w still incoming.

Electric bill arrived this morning too. €109 compared to last year's €260.

Advertisement