Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Light penetrates snow, whilst very low the panels should still be producing

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

22.68kWh from 4.8kWp south facing. Best day yet since install....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Best day this year. 21kWh today, 8.2kWp SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Finishing up little over 22.5kWh today.

6kw south facing in Newcastle, Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

5kwh forecast today but ended up on 27.2kwh. rest of the week forecast looks terrible but here is to hoping they got it wrong again 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

Best day this year 29.2kWh. Thought I was going to make it over the 30kWh thresholdbut production fell off a cliff just after 5pm when sun well behind some cloud.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

22.4kWh today. 4.8kWp south facing array, Dublin Fingal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

22.39 here for the day. North Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

best day of the year so far, only slightly more than monday, 13.4kwh from 3kwh SW and 1kw NE in north kildare . peak output not quite what I'd expected, I think there was some high altitude cloud around for most of the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

20.8kw today, 2nd best day as I had half of panels covered in snow until 1pm (low roof incline)

7.4kw everywhere except north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Jackson22

9.3 today, I guess it was reduced a fair bit by snow on panels (for comparison, total was 20kwh on Tuesday)

4.8kw SW & 2kw NE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

met.ie estimate 22kwh and ended on 27kwh, 2nd best of the year so far.

I did have to trigger a controlled avalanche on my rear panels but it was worth it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

30.3 kWh from 22x400w south facing today, Kildare area.

Took a while to get going as all panels completely covered in snow, but ran well when it melted off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

My forecast was 15.8kWh and ended up with 20.9kWh. Best so far this year! No snow at all here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭mikeecho

4.9kW production at the moment. , Was 5.5 not long ago.

House using 330w, the rest going into 10kw batt.

Cork'ish

A month into PV .. delighted.

and then a cloud

Post edited by mikeecho on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

6.1 kWh for the day. Not too bad considering its been raining since 8am and still coming down. Production wasn't too bad between 11am and 1pm when low cloud cover abated and allowed for some brightness. I thought it would do better later in the day so held off running the dishwasher and 2nd run of the washing machine until after lunch. However, production tailed off during the late afternoon so I didn't make best use of the solar today unfortunately!

3kwh today, a day for ducks. proportionally the north east facing 1kw did better than the sw 3kw. The marketing for those panels mentioned good low light performance and they were right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Currently at 22KwH for the day, that'll be that I imagine given our SE roof orientation. Best day since getting the system installed last week :)

Some lovely bursts of sunshine between heavy sleet and hail showers here in the north west today. A local network or meter fault meant we had no electricity between 11pm yesterday and 2.15pm today. A new smart meter went in this afternoon. Only been generating power since 2.15pm and produced 8.5kWh so far today. After the new meter went in and power was restored DC power was running at 5800 watts and 5,500 watts AC. Hope its not putting too much strain on the "5kWh" capacity inverter. Wasn't expecting to see these kind of peak values based on 5.6kWh array

Not a bad day yesterday either with 17.1 kWh generated.

Post edited by Granolite on

• Advertisement

Yep very strong sun today. 11.6kw but the highest peak power output of this system since install Id say, over 3kwh from 130 to 230

sustained output of 3.3kw, peak 3.6kw which is great from 3kw sw and 1kw ne, north kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

28.1 kWh Kildare area, 22x400 south facing. Mix of cloud and sun all day. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭olympicweights

You just beat me, 27.9kWh today on 7.9kWp split east/south in Limerick. Best since install late November ☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭The devils

Any predictions on tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Tomorrow looks muck for Dublin. Thursday pretty good though. Thurs could be the highest (again) of the year to far.

Interestingly this doesn't align with the Accu weather that Windows uses.....

But I'm inclinded to believe that Met.ie forecast for Thursday over the windows one. Met.ie does get things wrong occasionally, but it's generally pretty accurate on their solar radiation forecasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

28kwh today, glorious afternoon once sheltered from that northerly breeze ❄️ but back to filling the battery tonight based on this duck day forecast...,

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

13.2kWh predicted by Solcast and ended up with 13.3kWh.

Generation heavily skewed towards the afternoon though so it was a bit tighter than the figures indicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

Not a bad day considering some lad called Noah is building a big boat outside.

Forecast was pretty good.

6.84kWh array, SSE, Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jackson22

13.8kwh today - we have 4.8kw SW & 2kw NE

i am celebrating as today passed the 1 mega watt hour generation mark since install in October last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Advertisement