Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Ended yesterday on 10.9kWh. Today was even better. Battery was full by lunchtime and generation at 6 by then.

Had a cloudy spell in the afternoon, but I'm at 12.8kWh now with 560w still incoming.

Electric bill arrived this morning too. €109 compared to last year's €260.

That's a nice saving. Would have been very poor here, sun only appeared just as it was setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

5.10 kwh yesterday but much better today with 17.90 kwh
    5kw system facing South

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Back to earth with a bang here in Donegal.

23rd - 10.9
    24th - 13.1
    25th - 4.7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

8.7 kWh Friday 23rd
    3.0 kWh Saturday 24th
    10.4 kWh sunday 25th Oct

kWP: 4.65
    Split string: 2.17 kWp (SE) 2.48kWp (SW)
    (My SW roof has issues with shade in winter so my figures are lower than  they could be if I had no shade!)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

13.3kwh today 25th
    Well pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,626 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Same here, 13kWh. My daily self use rate was only 94%, that's the lowest it has been in a while :p

(the sunnier, the lower my self use rate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

9.2 here. E/W split with a low tilt angle is starting to take its toll. First day in a few I was able to get a full battery and put some volts into the car.

garo wrote: »
    and put some volts into the car.

The volts are always there from PV but they don't do anything for your car :p

I dunno but volts just sounds better than watts. I think Zappi solar charging is now at an end for 4 months. Night rates FTW. Not that I am driving anywhere in the next 6 weeks.

Night rate is always FTW :D

I now use considerably more night rate than day rate.

• Advertisement

Back to earth with a bang here in Donegal.

23rd - 10.9
    24th - 13.1
    25th - 4.7

26th - 10.4kWh
    27th - 8.5kWh

Forecast is crap for today but I'm currently generating 1.3kw and just hit 1kWh for the day.

26th - 10.4kWh
    27th - 8.5kWh

Unusually fantastic day today, blue skies most of it. 11.5kWh today after yesterday's pitiful 1.4!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

Unusually fantastic day today, blue skies most of it. 11.5kWh today after yesterday's pitiful 1.4!

How big is your system? I generwted 8.2kwh today, but the system was only activated at 10am, so might have gotten over 10 if it was on all day. Its 6.4kwp split between SSW (14 panels) and SWW (6 panelsl

tails_naf wrote: »
    How big is your system? I generwted 8.2kwh today, but the system was only activated at 10am, so might have gotten over 10 if it was on all day. Its 6.4kwp split between SSW (14 panels) and SWW (6 panelsl

6.2kwp, 2.8kWp south and 3.4kWp west. In Donegal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Got my array partly up and running after 4pm today so my wonderful debut is 7w, LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Yea not a bad day for the end of October, ended up with 5.2kWh from our 2.48kw South east facing, south donegal. Peaked out at 1.7kw around midday.

slave1 wrote: »
    Got my array partly up and running after 4pm today so my wonderful debut is 7w, LOL

Congratulations. You have chosen the four worst months of the year to go into with a new array so don't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Congratulations. You have chosen the four worst months of the year to go into with a new array so don't be disappointed.

Pv and battery's are just on the cusp of breaking new ground in the next 2 or 3 years more efficiency and more competitive.
    Elon musk battery day was the game changer.
    I think it would be wiser for would be investors to hold off a bit.i know I will.
    That's not to say anyone that bought did the wrong thing.
    Apologies for going off thread.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

richie123 wrote: »
    Pv and battery's are just on the cusp of breaking new ground in the next 2 or 3 years more efficiency and more competitive.
    Elon musk battery day was the game changer.
    I think it would be wiser for would be investors to hold off a bit.i know I will.
    That's not to say anyone that bought did the wrong thing.
    Apologies for going off thread.

Sounds like you'll never be getting panels, always waiting for the next big thing.

Panels are pretty mature and there isn't really anything revolutionary on the horizon.

There will be gradual increases, 360w panels are now in the 100ish euro bracket and I'd say in 5 years they'll be pushing 500w in the affordable range.

Nothing really revolutionary in the battery day announcement if you really look into it, sure different battery size and design, but that won't effect solar panels.

And back on topic

Although it's stormy we are getting spells of sun now and again and at 3.5kwh so far.

Only need 4-500 w to cover the base load anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Local guy here has solar panels, many of them and a wind turbine too, win win for him today. He has a Tesla too.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Local guy here has solar panels, many of them and a wind turbine too, win win for him today. He has a Tesla too.

win win win so :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

4.1kw SE facing array with tree shading from late afternoon.
    3.4kWh today
    2.4 kWh Pylontech battery dead on arrival so p1ssed all excess over usage to the grid

2.4 kWh Pylontech battery dead on arrival so p1ssed all excess over usage to the grid

That's a pain in the hole :(

7.2kWh generated today, Dublin, mostly south, some west, about 4kwp - but changing every month :p and not counting my single 355W east facing panel not connected to my main inverter

Ended the month with 4.3kWh

I'd say yesterday will be my last double figures tally til March.

4.1kw SE facing array with tree shading from late afternoon.
    3.4kWh today

You sure it's DOA? Do you get any lights at all when connected? Try pressing the red button for 3 seconds to reset it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

If you already have say a 6 kw array.
    Is it a massive extra expense to add more panels to compensate for winter months and make them more productive?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

I'm surprised how dramaticaly the weather affects things. The live power output from my 6kwp is 30w right now, its rainy and cloudy and 10c, but 30w is 100x reduction on 3kw I saw at this time yesterday, especially given the midday 'sun' should be at least overhead (beind the clouds). Is this the same for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

tails_naf wrote: »
    I'm surprised how dramaticaly the weather affects things. The live power output from my 6kwp is 30w right now, its rainy and cloudy and 10c, but 30w is 100x reduction on 3kw I saw at this time yesterday, especially given the midday 'sun' should be at least overhead (beind the clouds). Is this the same for everyone?

Yes varys widely with cloud cover, minute to minute can make a difference

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A bit like buying an EV.
    Better times will come :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

richie123 wrote: »
    If you already have say a 6 kw array.
    Is it a massive extra expense to add more panels to compensate for winter months and make them more productive?

Depends on access etc
    Also depends on your invertor, and how the panels can be stringed so that one less performing panel or string doesnt effect the good performing string.

For example, i have 10 panels on my front south facing roof. I am putting 6 on the rear north facing roof this month and they will be on a separate string.

Advertisement