Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

new record on the way here.. at 22.5 and will probably get to 23.5. 3kw sw and 1kw ne. wasn't a perfect morning, I'd say 25 is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Yep, record day here too. 37.71 (beats my 7th of March 37.41kWh previous highest). 6.4kWp south facing. Two dishwasher, 4 washing machine and two tumble dry cycles and plenty of free cooking today. I've imported 400kWh from the grid since the 7th of March, and exported 1400kWh (@24 cent, wahoo)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

First over 50 kwh day. 52kwh off of 8.4kwp E/W even split.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Broke 40kwh for the first time yesterday, E/w 8kwp but miss the first two hours or so in the morning due to a hill and trees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

So far Tuesday looks like it's going to be the winner this week, although all of them look good (at the moment)

I'm seeing a combined solar radiation of 8143 from met.ie at the moment for Dublin (the previous "all-time" high I saw was 8086).

Hopefully the actuals will live up to the forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Great day of production here 43.3 kWh. 7.2 kw south facing north Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

30.7kWh here which I think is a record for my install. Lower peak power than yesterday but more even and sustained. Yesterday had peaks up to 4.8kW (on a 4.5kWp system) where today peaked at 3.8kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sure Thing

Best yet for me here in Co Longford

8.4kwp SSW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Finished up with 41.8kwh from 7kwp 4 south east , 3 north west. North county Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

51kwh today and used every bit of it, tomorrow should be similar so should hit the 1MW record but all cars/batteries will be full 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

21 kWh on the nose, great to break into the 20's. 3.1kWp Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

New record for my setup - 62kwh. Another ten euro in the bank for export today too 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Great day and probably at max capacity.

Gonna be a few records set today I suspect....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive hit 27.9 yesterday - 24 today so far - hope I make the 30kwh before the weeks out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just a quick update on this, I was on to the developer this morning and the contractor called in to see what was going on.

So it appears the fact that the solar panels are split into two strings is causing issues with the Hypontech inverter. When the voltage on both strings is not the same the inverter is not kicking in. They're waiting to hear back from Hypontech to see if there is a setting that can be changed, but they've acknowledged that it looks like they might have to install a second inverter so that both strings have their own one.

It appears every house in the development where the panels are split into two strings is affected. A fairly big mistake.

I've been told it will be sorted one way or another before the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

That’s why I was asking about different directions of the panels; and checking the model of the inverter to see if all the voltages were in spec; which they appeared to be.

You only have 7 panels right. Just make them into one string and connect them to one of the inputs. It’s all in spec with your inverter.

Also j read the Hypontech spec sheet; while it has inputs for 2 separate strings; it has just one MPPT across the two inputs; so you loose nothing but making them into one string. Not that you need them separate anyway (this would be needed if you had panels pointing in different directions)

Did you figure out why only one string is attached to the Projoy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

nother record alright, 24 kwh today.. A little more is possible but can see temp is affecting peak output. 3kw sw and 1 kw ne ( latter is now doing 4.5kwh )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I finally cracked 50kWh. I had issues last year with the inverter arguing with the battery and rebooting on a sunny day. Looks like the bug has been fixed. My previous best was 48.9 in mid June, so I think there’s more in the tank.

The bad news was 39% was exported. I need to think of new ways to use my excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭bootser

32.3KwH today and 31.6KwH yesterday!! first time over 30😁

I have a 4.8Kwp South facing system in North Meath.

Unfortunately, most was exported, but fortunately @24c/unit I can live with that😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

21.5 kWh today beating yesterday's record breaking 21 kWh. Only 1 kWh exported :)

3.1 kWp Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

New record for me today. 43.2 kWh generated, 7kwp, 4 kwp south east, 3 kwp north west. 31kwh export

• Registered Users Posts: 14 super_dad

just up and running since last Thurs with my roof mounted 4.1kwp full on south facing array in Donegal. Best day yet and managed 30.9 kWh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

New all time record today 😎

Past the 1MW mark for the month too.

Depressing to think that in 3 days of May generated more than the whole month of December.

Likewise , all time record of 38.34Kwh off the main installation and 14.97Kwh off the shed bringing me to 53.31Kwhr in total. Always wanted to break that magic 50Kwh number. Sure most of it got exported, but it's a nice milestone to know what the installation can do when I get an EV down the proverbial road. Chart below is 6.5Kwp split east/west in Dublin city

Quite "jagged" though.

Best part is tomorrow is ever so slightly forecasted to be better than today by 1-2%! And the rest of the week is looking rosy too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Unless you have an EV or get a massive battery there is nothing that will gobble up that amount excess 😮 My max production is about 44 kWh and I have had days where I used 75-80% but that required a bit of forward planning in having the EV drained and planning to work from home. With FIT at least you know you are getting a bit back and its not all lost.

Tomorrow will be a different story for me. WFH, EV only at 37% charge and its looking like a MAX day so I intend to get drain every kWh into the EV

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Grand day today. I think the heat or maybe dust? is reducing generation somewhat. Peak of 3.9kW on a 4.5kW system.

3.7kWh to the grid should probably have been half that. My eddi is misbehaving since I had the carpets upstairs replaced with wood laminate flooring last week which has a foil underlay. 😬

I'm using my extension aerial now but still hit or miss, have another on the way.

19kWh diverted between the eddi & zappi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

My 4.8kw in Meath generated 33.2kw very happy with that result

Advertisement