Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Susiequattro

12kw todays haul

Kn circet tech was here and couldn't fit the smart meter due to a dodgy back board which needs replacing. The ESB will have to send out their own lad to replace the board and fit the smart meter. Fingers crossed the esb won't be in any rush to get to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

January bad here in Roscommon all week, 4.3, 2.0 & 5.2 kWh (off a 6.84kW array) the last three days and today looking just as bad.

Edit, just 3kWh for Friday

Post edited by paulbok on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

I got 7.4KwH yesterday not good from my 4.8kw PV array

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

i did 8.2 yesterday from 7kwp south east/north west. 4/3 split - any day i can get that in winter keeps my battery easily getting to cheaper charging tariff hours - today is going to be the worst ill every get id say.. currently at a whopping 800 watts - 65 percent battery soc (13.6 usable kwh battery storage)

one big plus is having changed our clothes drier to a heat pump condensing one - less that 1kwh used for load this morning (614 watts) whereas would have been 3kwh with the older drier.. cant let the washing stack up for a sunny day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,054 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Currently at 1kwh for the day, three weeks of having solar today I'm expecting a record low.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Today so far it will be the lowest for a long time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A whopping 0.2kWh today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

A brutal 5.8kwh here in galway but the next two days look like big improvement before the rot returns for the rest of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

0.8 from 5.9kWp system SE/SW today. Glad started day with battery at 80% and takeaway tonight should make it to night rate without using day rate from grid 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,054 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Well, it predicted 0.7Kwh this morning from the "updated" forecast. Last night when I posted it was predicting 0.5Kwh. Ended up in getting 0.65Kwh, which is kudos to met.ie for their forecast. I didn't think it would be that bad if I'm honest, so yeah.....

Slight improvement for Dublin tomorrow with 3kwh forecasted for me (I've 6.5Kwp E/W) but then solid return on Sunday!

The good days are getting fewer and farther apart .

5.7 for me today was stuck in the clouds for most of it bar a few glimpses of blue sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

Rain all day for me leading to 1.3Kw. Have set my inverter to charge the battery in the morning to have some charge for the day as it never got above 20% today. On the plus side, the guys are coming on Monday to add 5 panels bringing me up to 6.45Kw from 4.3Kw at present.

Finished with 1.3kwh.. battery almost depleted 9.30.

19.2 yesterday and 32.3 today happy with that especially as it coincided with the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

4.4kwh for me :-)

2.3kwh is all they could give me today the rain just went on and on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Batteries are earning their keep these days! Avoiding day rate for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yup - 3.3Kwh generated today, and my 100% charged battery at 6am (night rate) managed to get me to midnight with 12% left. Looks like tomorrow (tuesday) weds and Thursday look at little better at least for Dublin. "Mostly cloudy/partly sunny" seems to be the norm for the next few days.

I think it's getting close to the end of doing the washing during the day until the spring.

do you not get the 'oh you can't be leaving clothes in the wash getting all creased' whinge if you do night washes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭creedp

no problem in the summer, but winter cheap rates for me are 2 to 5, so i want it to end at 5.. might not be up till 630... i guess washer /driers maybe work better for these scenarios.. the heatpump drier we changed to makes a big difference.. i dont mind running it during the day as it doesnt take a massive chunk out of the battery

Not so bad today 14.7kwh from my 4.8 kw pv array

20.4kwh today was here so managed to burn up a good bit of it also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I have 4 (broken glass) panels on a micro inverter, pointing SE, lying up against a shed, almost vertical.

They do really well in the morning sun.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Also .. todays curve so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭rameire

Exactly one year in on Solar.

3.8kwp, Split 2.28S, 1.52E. Clonee, Dub.

I have generated 3367Kwh in total for the year.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

With the time change this weekend is there anything I need to do to the inverter or does it happen automatically or does the app update? Huawei

thank you

Advertisement