Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

At this time of the year a system facing due South produces 2.5 times the output of a system facing E or W. I got 3.1kWh yesterday because the weather was terrible here in Dublin. Today looks to be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭championc

Today was my first perfect arc since last May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭CoBo55

garo wrote: »
    At this time of the year a system facing due South produces 2.5 times the output of a system facing E or W. I got 3.1kWh yesterday because the weather was terrible here in Dublin. Today looks to be much better.

Surely that would be any time of year, (south better than E or W).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

8.9kwh today

Nearly a full sun day bar 45 mins of cloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

For start of November yesterday was an excellent day of production with perfect arc of pv. Today back to cloud though unfortunately

2.88kw SW with 9.2kwh produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

8.4kWh yesterday, 7.4kWh today.

Rain returns tomorrow so that'll be the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

DrPhilG wrote: »
    8.4kWh yesterday, 7.4kWh today.

Rain returns tomorrow so that'll be the end of that.

7.4 today is great. I had 11.4 yesterday and 1.2 today. Some difference.

Y
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    Surely that would be any time of year, (south better than E or W).

The effect is much larger in the winter because the sun is lower in the sky. And the sun rises closer to SE and sets closer to SW

garo wrote: »
    Y

The effect is much larger in the winter because the sun is lower in the sky. And the sun rises closer to SE and sets closer to SW

As close as you can get to due south the better I suppose.

As close as you can get to due south the better I suppose.

For total output absolutely. Nothing fixed beats due South. But if you want to be producing when you are consuming - given that most household cosume the most electricity in the afternoon and early evening - SW or West facing panels aren't too shabby.

• Advertisement

Can you get moving panels that follow the sun, obviously they wouldn't suit a town house etc but if you had an open area out in the country it could work.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Can you get moving panels that follow the sun, obviously they wouldn't suit a town house etc but if you had an open area out in the country it could work.

Yes.. they exist but its cheaper just to add panels rather than a mechanism to track the sun.

Yes when you add tracking you add a motor and moving parts and stuff that can go wrong. Fixed panels are very low (almost no) maintainence.

https://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_circulars/CR674/welcome.html

is a great resource to play around and understand the impact orientation and tilt have on solar irradiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,625 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That was done mainly back in the day when solar PV panels were extremely expensive

Nowadays panels are so cheap that it makes no sense to install tracking systems

On course to break records today. Not good ones though lol.

Black and stormy all day here in Donegal. Producing 60w currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Equally as bad in south donegal.My inverter didn't even power up until 9.50AM this morning. Been making 20 watts ever since it reckons. 1.7kWh generated since monday morning, 18 kWh since the start of the month. Hopefully this stubborn cloud will soon move on.

1.7kWh generated since monday morning, 18 kWh since the start of the month.

Ouch!

I've had 8.9 since Monday. 52.5kWh for November so far which is 39% of what I'm estimating for the month.

1.1kWh so far today so not anywhere near the miserable 0.4 which is my worst ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rzeznik

2,48kWp, West facing, East Meath.
    Nov production so far. Pretty miserable. Today was the worst day since the install in Jul.

01.11.2020 1,4 kWh
    02.11.2020 2,3 kWh
    03.11.2020 3 kWh
    04.11.2020 2,5 kWh
    05.11.2020 1,9 kWh
    06.11.2020 3,7 kWh
    07.11.2020 1,2 kWh
    08.11.2020 2 kWh
    09.11.2020 1,1 kWh
    10.11.2020 1 kWh
    11.11.2020 0,2 kWh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Worst day since my system was installed last December.
    0.4kWh generated from 4.3kWp south facing system

Ended up with 1.3kWh yesterday.

• Advertisement

Ended up with 0.2kWh yesterday from 2.48kW array. Joint lowest with 3 other days measuring the same this year (1 in February and 2 in October)

Yep yesterday was sh1t. Was in the car just after 4PM and the weather was atrocious with heavy rain and strong winds. Also fully dark already.

Today much better again for PV. Well at least here in Dublin. More bad weather on the way I believe...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

unkel wrote: »
    Yep yesterday was sh1t. Was in the car just after 4PM and the weather was atrocious with heavy rain and strong winds. Also fully dark already.

Today much better again for PV. Well at least here in Dublin. More bad weather on the way I believe...

Well.. it is winter lol.

Damn, even on a brighter day the sun is gone by 3pm.

Miserable enough weather today, managed 1.9kWh.

Forecast is giving a wee bit of sun tomorrow before descending into misery again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Suppose got a decent 4.1kWh today, shading on my string from around 1 so seriously looking at Optimisers but ouch when you've 18 panels...exported 1kW to the grid as I haven't got around to fitting my Eddi yet (stuck painting utility room!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

2.1 kWh 9 Nov
    3.3 kWh 10 Nov
    1.1 kWh 11 Nov
    4.2 kWh 12 Nov

4.65 kWp (2.17 SE, 2.48 SW) North Dublin.

slave1 wrote: »
    Suppose got a decent 4.1kWh today, shading on my string from around 1 so seriously looking at Optimisers but ouch when you've 18 panels

You only need optimizers for the panels that get shading and if many of them get shading you might as well not bother with any optimizers

Ended up with 0.2kWh yesterday from 2.48kW array. Joint lowest with 3 other days measuring the same this year (1 in February and 2 in October)

0.3kWh today. The only positive thing I can say is I have had 100% consumption this week without having any water heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

5.4kwh yesterday 12 November
    Previous day was my worst at 0.5kwh

4.4 southeast meath

• Advertisement

Absolutely bogging weather the past week. Finally got a glimpse of sun today.

14th - 1.8
    15th - 1.1
    16th - 1.4
    17th - 0.8
    18th - 5.5

Advertisement