Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭circadian

What DB backend are you running for this? I have the default InfluxDB on mine and it's a bit pants, creating queries that vary for the different electric rates is practically impossible. I'm running on a Pi4 as well so there's definitely a headroom limit for DB lookups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

@circadian Yeah I am using InfluxDB as well on a pi4 as well..Ive never had any problems with it tbh. I never touch InFlux bar the first day I set it up. But if I want to do any particualar fancy stuff I do just export the data to excel from Grafana.

I just run 2 dashboards within Grafana, a power dash board (watts) and an energy dashboard (kWh)

here is my energy dashboard and the top lefthand graph is just for exporting to excel with all my loggers, its by the hour and for the last year. I just export this if I want to do any alanlyis. The other energy graphs are 7 day moving averages to see trends.

Regarding the power doshboard its only realy one graph with all my energy monitors and its for the past 24hrs and its just to see is there anything unsual. Eg see how much the heat pump came on, I have picked up also my borehold pump was on as someone left an outside tap half on, but I spotted it on this graph.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

Shaping up to be a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭tommythecat

A really overcast day in Dublin. A miserable 5.3kwh today.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭ratracer

Turned out to be a decent afternoon in Galway, the E/W split is starting to kick in nicely:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

28.2kWh off 6.84kW array, SSW, Roscommon.

1st day with a surplus this year, would have been even better but got very cloudy after 3:30pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

21kwh in East Cork today.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

7.2kWh

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

6.9kWh today

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

25.34 kWh. 1st full day on new PV install.

7.8 kw on 18 panels, south facing, Meath.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Best day so far this year... Forecast and production very close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nothing beats pure S facing, you'll be exporting goodo over the next 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seventy Plus

Am in South Dublin area; 435w panels on roof: 5 to South East; 5 to South West; and 5 on North West with 10 Optimisers

After install on roof one string was reading 3349 and the other 2245.

Average generation 2kw per day. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Possibly, Do you have any graphs (even the total production history, especially for the good days recently

It hasn't been great the last few weeks in south Dublin but 2kwh per day is still pretty low. Have you any app? What Kw is being produced now? I'm getting around .6kw at the moment and it is fairly overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seventy Plus

0.395kw at 16.41 Total today 1.2 kwh

• Advertisement

That can't be right. If you were getting that Kw at twenty to five this evening then you must have been getting a lot more throughout the day. It wasn't a good solar day in south Dublin but I got 4.4kwh today on a 4kwp system. You have 5 more panels than I do.

11.4kWh

Pleased with that given it was overcast the whole day.

Poor enough in East Cork, dull cloudy day.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Had 5.22kWp (12x435w) installed on Tuesday alongside my existing 1.3kWp. House was built in 2019 and had 4 panels East facing, for some reason our road are the only ones not West facing. 8 panels each side now so should see better numbers in the evenings.

Last Thursday with the old panels we exported 1.1kW (2.4kW generation), on Wednesday we exported 9.7kW (9.7kW + 2.8kW). It was only looking at smart meter data that I noticed the dishwasher and washing machine use more power than expected on their eco cycles so I will continue putting them on at night until we get more consistent sun as it's been partially cloudy, otherwise we would have consumed zero electricity between 8am-4pm.

Fairly dull yesterday, generated 4.9kW but lows never dropped below 350-400w so should still cover background electricity and potentially still produce minor exports, with regular spikes of 1kW and even up to 2.5kW. I'm interested to see the smart meter data for the cloudy days we've had (West Dublin).

Fecking weather....☹️☹️☹️its bloody miserable over cast day here in Cork...so bad the headlight lights came on in my car at 10:30...my 6.1kW system is only doing about 200 Watts. The weather for the week is giving the same also...

Its affecting my tomato seedlings as well😭😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

200w? You must be rolling in it, barely pushing 55w from 12kw in Dublin, basically night time.

Not that it matters thanks to our pinergy buddies 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

First day with the new install...pretty deflating...161W now in South Dublin on a 6.35kWp system.

Yeah I would be depressed for a 1st day going😀😀 the cloud cover must be about 100km thick today... dont worry you'll be rocking soon enough👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I think another brutal March is in the books, no chance of the 2 years ago repeat with June like numbers 😓

Advertisement