Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Depends what it was like. I was getting 25+ last week on days when others reported 7 or 8. But it was scorching up here.

I expected similar to yesterday's 7.4 and currently at 8.6.

Case in point. 28.2 so far here today and 5.8 yesterday. Some cloud here today but mostly sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    Have any you gone through the grant seai?
    If so any issues getting the payment.

Have claim under review since 4th July 2020, had an inspection almost two weeks ago which passed. Was told when confirming booking with SEAI that should get money within 2 weeks of passing inspection. So fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sod's law. Literally the first break in the clouds all day, and it's as the sun goes down.

523394.jpg

A good day in Cork today 28.2kwh

Finished up at 9.2kWh. Hopefully tomorrow see a wee bit of blue sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭phester28

8.4Kwh today for a 1.5kW East 0.9KW west split

First full day

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

davpower wrote: »
    Have claim under review since 4th July 2020, had an inspection almost two weeks ago which passed. Was told when confirming booking with SEAI that should get money within 2 weeks of passing inspection. So fingers crossed!

My documents went in 22 days ago no word from the seai yet.
    Let me know how you get on.

Generation at 8:50am was 1.3kW which is pretty much the highest I hit all day yesterday.

Going to be a good one I reckon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My documents went in 22 days ago no word from the seai yet.
    Let me know how you get on.

Did you have to do much chasing to get the installer to upload the documents? Our system is in nearly a month now and they haven't submitted anything yet so have to start chasing them now.

Bit nervous about the storm tomorrow, hope they don't go flying off. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

There must be something wrong with my monitoring software. Its saying we generated 14.3kWh today. 4.2kw system facing south in Limerick.

Finished up on 18.8. Not a bad day for it.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you have to do much chasing to get the installer to upload the documents? Our system is in nearly a month now and they haven't submitted anything yet so have to start chasing them now.

Bit nervous about the storm tomorrow, hope they don't go flying off. :o

I think it was uploaded about 2 weeks after. I did put the pressure on. Have you paid in full?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it was uploaded about 2 weeks after. I did put the pressure on. Have you paid in full?

Yeah all paid up, we have had dealings with the company before with insulation and that so I don't expect there to be any major issues.

The joys of Irish weather...

Going back over the last 8 days:
    12th - 29.3
    13th - 24.8
    14th - 34.7
    15th - 28.6
    Average - 29.4kWh

Followed by:
    16th - 11.4
    17th - 7.3
    18th - 9.3
    19th - 12.3
    Average - 10.1kWh

Two panels flew off my roof last night thanks to storm Ellen and make a nice big hole in roof on way down. Two others damaged too. So not a good Thursday!

Two panels flew off my roof last night thanks to storm Ellen and make a nice big hole in roof on way down. Two others damaged too. So not a good Thursday!

Damn, what happens there? House insurance? Or should they be guaranteed by the installer to be storm proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I literally just had this conversation with my insurance guy.
    He says that the installer should have liability insurance for when he installed them and that should be your first port of call.
    Secondary line would be to claim on your house policy, (if you have notified them you had them installed!).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lightson

Sorry to hear that at least no body was hurt! Hope get it easy sorted.

Out of interest can you see how they became removed ie pulled off the rails small brackets wiggles loose. If there hole in roof did the bolts pull out of rafters bringing tile with it?

Ah no man sorry to hear

Something going on at my place too. Solar readings dropped to 10w for about 10 minutes then stopped refreshing.

CCTV not connecting so the Internet seems down. But my friend is at the house and says that the power is on.

Just waiting for him to troubleshoot further for a tripped fuse or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭KCross

When were they installed? I think you only recently had it done?

I'd be thinking that the installer made a mistake. I'd start with them before you decide to claim against your own insurance.

I know it was a bad storm but they shouldnt fly off for that storm if they were fixed to the roof properly. It might just be that one or two of the panels were not correctly tightened and they just wriggled loose.

• Advertisement

Something going on at my place too. Solar readings dropped to 10w for about 10 minutes then stopped refreshing.

CCTV not connecting so the Internet seems down. But my friend is at the house and says that the power is on.

Just waiting for him to troubleshoot further for a tripped fuse or something.

That does sound odd but at the same time I've had random times where the ginlong app doesn't update for an hour or two. I'm pretty sure I saw a message on it this morning it was going to be down for maintenance at some point too.

Sorry to hear about the damage from the other poster above, ours survived the night fine but I was pretty nervous and will be again when we get proper red warning conditions in winter (wasn't too bad last night here really).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That does sound odd but at the same time I've had random times where the ginlong app doesn't update for an hour or two. I'm pretty sure I saw a message on it this morning it was going to be down for maintenance at some point too.

Yeah slow updating doesn't surprise me. But we had thunder and lightning, production dropped to 10w from 1.6kWh and then the updating stopped.

Plus when I tried to access the cameras at the house I was getting an offline error so I knew something was up.

All good now, just a tripped switch. Although it was down for an hour so probably lost me a solid 2kWh.

I literally just had this conversation with my insurance guy.
    He says that the installer should have liability insurance for when he installed them and that should be your first port of call.
    Secondary line would be to claim on your house policy, (if you have notified them you had them installed!).

The installer is covering the costs involved it appears. They were out today and it looks like the railings failed.

PS I'll be asking the question of my installer re damage too. All fine with us despite strong winds overnight but best to check anyway.

I'll also mention it to the house insurance folks.

KCross wrote: »
    When were they installed? I think you only recently had it done?

I'd be thinking that the installer made a mistake. I'd start with them before you decide to claim against your own insurance.

I know it was a bad storm but they shouldnt fly off for that storm if they were fixed to the roof properly. It might just be that one or two of the panels were not correctly tightened and they just wriggled loose.

the damage is to the railings, it looks like they are warped and the panel brackets pulled out. They are fixing it, theres a 10 year warranty on railings, mine lasted 6 weeks!

The installer is covering the costs involved it appears. They were out today and it looks like the railings failed.

Great news. I take it the 2 panels that came off are shattered?

Also, summer is back baby!

523627.jpg

Great news. I take it the 2 panels that came off are shattered?

one is, the other survived the fall but they're replacing it. Two others on the same string that remained on roof are been replaced to and the wires were pulled as the other two came down.

Pulling 4.5kw at the minute, battery can't handle that much at a time so the hot water is getting a wee top up too.

The Solis app shows the full generation. The myenergi app is the generation minus what the battery is getting.

523631.jpg

523632.jpg

7.3kWh so far today despite a 1 hour power cut at peak time.

• Advertisement

one is, the other survived the fall but they're replacing it. Two others on the same string that remained on roof are been replaced to and the wires were pulled as the other two came down.

That's great. Good to know that an honest installer won't quibble on it.

Advertisement