Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fine day today, 0.1kWh!

I was at work, for some reason the ELCB tripped and took out half the house. This was around 9:30am so we had produced bugger all. I didn't get home to resolve it until 5, and it was a crap day anyway so I'd have done well to break 2kWh even without the down time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fine day today, 0.1kWh!

I was at work, for some reason the ELCB tripped and took out half the house. This was around 9:30am so we had produced bugger all. I didn't get home to resolve it until 5, and it was a crap day anyway so I'd have done well to break 2kWh even without the down time.

That's not right Phil. Your Solar should be on it's own RCBO hanging off your main fuse, rather than, as it would seem, downstream off an ELCB

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭mun1

3.7KW (2.4kw S, 35 deg, 1.2kw W, 90 deg) Limerick.
    Feb has being a bad month alright , a lot of gloom around only 40kwh to date, (8.2kwh on 10th only highlight).
    Today looks promising with a nice bit of sun around once rain cleared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Finally back in action today after the last 10 days of gloom

17.44kWh (5.76kWp SSW 13.72kWh, 4.48kWp ESE 3.72kWh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Finally last two days have seen some sun here in the West. Back up to 10.1 kWh from my 2.88kwp system. Roll on summer! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

8.6 kWh today (Tuesday).

4.7kw array (3 south, 1.7 north).

10.4kWh today.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

11.2kwh yesterday. 4.2kw SSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

First double digit day of the year for me here in Dublin though yesterday came close. Turned out better than forecast so ended up exporting 1.6 because I had charged the battery to 75%.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Some new ground for me too yesterday, broke the 9kWh and then the 10kWh for the first time to finish up at 10.5kWh.
    Some good days this week 8.4, 8.6, 10.5 and 8.9 today.
    First 14days of Feb generated 43.6, last four days have done 36.4.

Some change in the way we do things too, dryer does not go on at night this week, same with washing machine, both go on in late morning to soak up generation (before excess to water)

• Advertisement

Best day in a while, despite clouds on and off.

30.5kWh (5.76kWp SSW 19.27kWh, 4.48kWp ESE 11.28kWh).

slave1 wrote: »
    Some new ground for me too yesterday, broke the 9kWh and then the 10kWh for the first time to finish up at 10.5kWh.
    Some good days this week 8.4, 8.6, 10.5 and 8.9 today.
    First 14days of Feb generated 43.6, last four days have done 36.4.

Some change in the way we do things too, dryer does not go on at night this week, same with washing machine, both go on in late morning to soak up generation (before excess to water)

Nice. My numbers were 6.9, 6.2, 8.2 and 10.4 after 40.5 in the first half of Feb. Yet to do the mental adjustment of not putting on things at night rate.

Great day yesterday, broke the 11kWh and then 12kWh mark to finish the day at 12.9kWh.
    Couple of dryer loads, a washing machine on and 4kWh into the hot water, got my Leaf up by 10% for the craic and just to see it working for the first time since install.
    Massive difference between my two strings though with 4.1kWp facing the sun and getting 2.59kW at 13:30 yesterday whilst the 3.3kWp string facing the opposite direction (no direct sunlight hitting them at all this year so far) generating 0.18kW, HUGE difference there.
    It's 13:06 right now and sunny, my front string generating 3.2kW and back string 0.2kW so consistent experience.
    Roll on high sun please

15kWh yesterday, 8.2 so far today.

Looks like today is going to set some YTD records for me. 8kWh already. Dishwasher and laundry done and now the Tesla is getting some leccy just for kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

6.3kwh yesterday from 2.56kw South facing. Best day so far in horrific February.
    Back to normal today, zero watts produced...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

12.6 yesterday
    4.4kw sw facing
    Was nice to see a good sun day

36.7kWh (5.76kWp SSW 21.09kWh, 4.48kWp ESE 15.61kWh).

Broke the 13 mark yesterday with 13.1kWh, barely covering house load right now in this gloom, gen 380w

Most days I check the Solis app regularly to see what I'm producing.

Today I'm checking the Hikvision app regularly to see if the fence is still upright.

• Advertisement

9.2kWh today, not bad considering we started off with the remains of a storm.

A miserable 3.8kWh yesterday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

A surprise 13.1 even further north, tomorrow is looking ok but Friday is looking great. Might be the first 20!

It's going to be a good one today alright. I'm hitting 1.2kw already by half 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

Making 1.8 at 9.20.
    Going strong now at 2.6 @10.20

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    Making 1.8 at 9.20.
    Going strong now at 2.6 @10.20

Likewise, yee ha!

2.67kw at 11:15.

3.3kWh in the bank so far. Battery is up to 70%, dishwasher and tumble dryer about to be turned on.

Just passed the 3kW generation there now, at 4.9kWh for the day so far.
    Washing machine on, hob on and diverting excess to water, but as soon as I put the washing machine on the clouds start popping up:rolleyes:

Up at 7.4kW at the moment, car guzzling 5.4kW of that, 12.6kWh battery full. I'd say the car will be almost full by the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,625 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

slave1 wrote: »
    but as soon as I put the washing machine on the clouds start popping up:rolleyes:

That's where a battery comes in. No need to micro manage your appliances then either ;)

mp3guy wrote: »
    Up at 7.4kW at the moment, car guzzling 5.4kW of that, 12.6kWh battery full. I'd say the car will be almost full by the end of the day.

Kona you have, isn't it?
    If so, keep charge below 90% dude

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56156801

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    That's where a battery comes in. No need to micro manage your appliances then either ;)

Agreed, but financially not worth it, I have a lookie outside, if looking good then on goes a machine and forget about it

Advertisement