Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Nearly smooth curve here, cloud eventually rolled in and spoiled it.

545521.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

11.3 here today. Nice curve after little hiccup of cloud in the morning.

About to have my self install second system ac side connected tomorrow evening so sun is arriving at just the right time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

irishchris wrote: »
    11.3 here today. Nice curve after little hiccup of cloud in the morning.

About to have my self install second system ac side connected tomorrow evening so sun is arriving at just the right time

So jealous of your South facing panels. They are producing 55% more than my E/W ones this time of the year.I got 9kWh from a 4.8 E/W system.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tell me about it, my brother has an almost mirror install to me, I was out for my walk Saturday so brought a compass (intrigued because he's generating so much more on any given day with identical weather) and he is exactly, and I mean exactly due South with zero shading.
    At 7.30 Sunday morning he was getting 1.2kW off a 4.1kWp array.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,338 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

slave1 wrote: »
    Tell me about it, my brother has an almost mirror install to me, I was out for my walk Saturday so brought a compass (intrigued because he's generating so much more on any given day with identical weather) and he is exactly, and I mean exactly due South with zero shading.
    At 7.30 Sunday morning he was getting 1.2kW off a 4.1kWp array.

That doesn't sound right, 7.30 Sunday morning the sun wouldn't have even been hitting a south facing array yet would it?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right, 7.30 Sunday morning the sun wouldn't have even been hitting a south facing array yet would it?

That's what I thought too after typing it, must have been 8.30, still way ahead of my SW generation at that hour

garo wrote: »
    So jealous of your South facing panels. They are producing 55% more than my E/W ones this time of the year.I got 9kWh from a 4.8 E/W system.

Mine are more of a South West direction but new panel array will be southerly. I'd assume as the spring continues production on the easterly side of your system will kick on as will be getting early morning sun thankfully

Yeah it's already a lot better than Jan and by next month it won't make a difference. If anything I will get production till later in the evening.

Absolute muck today. Not a peep of sun.

Monday - 20kWh
    Tuesday - 12.2kWh
    Today so far - 2.4kWh

Horrible gloom here in the midlands, forecast for next two weeks not looking good either, shame after such a good end to Feb

• Advertisement

If it makes you feel any better it's the same in Dublin and has been for the past couple of days. But tomorrow looks to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Just over 2kwh for 2nd and 3rd and today is looking even worse so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,338 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yesterday was the worst yield of the year for me so far I think. Today shaping up to be slightly better but will struggle to generate much over 1kwh I think.

Pish again in Donegal. Finished yesterday on 3.3kWh. Bit better today but looking like finishing at about 7.

Forecase for Friday and Saturday is great though so fingers crossed.

Man the weather forecasts are really pissing me off at the minute.

Forecast yesterday said bright and sunny all day today. Forecast even now says bright and sunny.

The sky...
    545880.jpg

Heavy cloud cover here in the midlands but actually a bit brighter than past few days, getting 1.23kW ---- Dryer gone on

Heavy cloud cover here in the midlands but actually a bit brighter than past few days, getting 1.23kW ---- Dryer gone on

I haven't gone over 880w all day long. Total currently 2.1kWh.

Lying hoores at the Met Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

I've just been outside - not a bl00dy cloud in the sky anywhere - Aaarrggghhh

championc wrote: »
    I've just been outside - not a bl00dy cloud in the sky anywhere - Aaarrggghhh

Sun landed here at precisely 1:15.

Went almost instantly from 670w to 4.3kW.

545937.jpg

New system online and best day yet. Worked out at exactly 20kwh with 17.5 consumed.
    Will put up post tomorrow with pictures of the self install as few had asked for when first started it. So far so good though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Not as bad as the forecast today ended up at 11kwh

Had a peak of over 4 kw !

Gloomy morning and late afternoon but in between saw some strong sun, hit 3.3kWh a few times, dishwasher done, dryer done, usual teas, microwave, toaster runs and 10.15kWh to heat the 300L hot water cylinder, no need for the immersion to go on tonight now, 16.1kWh in total for the day (calling it and getting 230w at the moment).
    A good day

12.4 here in galway and pretty abysmal day. Really regretting not getting hybrid inverter now for the second array as starting to see lots of export at the minute. Consumed 6.7 but 5.7 gone to Esb for free again today. Hardest with this weather with continuous cloud.

Been good run since installing second array with 12-20kwh averaging for last week since it went live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

irishchris wrote: »
    12.4 here in galway and pretty abysmal day. Really regretting not getting hybrid inverter now for the second array as starting to see lots of export at the minute. Consumed 6.7 but 5.7 gone to Esb for free again today. Hardest with this weather with continuous cloud.

Been good run since installing second array with 12-20kwh averaging for last week since it went live

You could get an electric patio heater like they use in Dublin hipster joints so you can sit outside with a beer in march. Run an extension lead to the neighbours and tell them they can use some free power

Anything to stop those ESB shaggers getting it for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

Now that my inverter no longer configured to not export anything to grid at all is nice to see how much I really generate. Today was good 18.8 kWh. When I woke at 8am couldn't believe when i saw PV already producing 1kW and peaked at 3.79kW after lunch (have a 4.65 kWp setup in north dublin SE/SW facing)

You could get an electric patio heater like they use in Dublin hipster joints so you can sit outside with a beer in march. Run an extension lead to the neighbours and tell them they can use some free power

Anything to stop those ESB shaggers getting it for free

Have been looking at some Electricial heating alright for room that is North facing and often cold. I have also been reading some posts on myenergi forum and found its possible to connect second second part of Eddi to them to soak spare solar

Have you looked at far infrared panels for your electrical heating?

Have you looked at far infrared panels for your electrical heating?

Had not actually heard off them but will look into them cheers. Have you used them before?

Was going to replace a storage heater with one but as the storage heater (placed in converted garage for Winter months) is working fine the investment is not worth it. If you were putting one or other in from scratch then it would be worth it, mate has a few in his music room and work a treat...

• Advertisement

Nice to see my new system pushed at last with some good weather today. 35.4kw produced today with sun about to go down

Advertisement