Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

irishchris wrote: »
    Nice to see my new system pushed at last with some good weather today. 35.4kw produced today with sun about to go down

That's super, what kWp is it again?

My previous best from 7.4kWp Nov 20 install was 16.5kWh, pissed through that today for 21.9kWh, house load and all breakfast/lunch/dinner covered, dryer and washing machine once each, added 30% charge to my Leaf30 and 300L tank fully heated.
    Great day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

23.8kWh today. More than the 3 previous days combined as Sunday was a 2.3 turd.

Sod's law, I'm home all day but the car was already full so I ended up exporting 4.5 despite the wife washing and drying everything in the house.

Forecast is better for tomorrow and the car is now down to 75% so that should soak up the excess tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

slave1 wrote: »
    That's super, what kWp is it again?

Scaled down slightly as myenergi showing few hundred watts higher than inverters readout so true production was 34.8

2.88kwp SW produced 14.4kw
    3.6kwp S/SW produced 20.4kw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You must have been much luckier with the clouds than I was, only 35.9kWh here today. Would've been something else without all that shade I think...

Pmm4Aw4.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

DrPhilG wrote: »
    23.8kWh today. More than the 3 previous days combined as Sunday was a 2.3 turd.

Sod's law, I'm home all day but the car was already full so I ended up exporting 4.5 despite the wife washing and drying everything in the house.

Forecast is better for tomorrow and the car is now down to 75% so that should soak up the excess tomorrow.

Lots of scattered cloud up here making it very spikey. 20kwh!

Although its to be dry tomorrow, its cloudy on my forecast

graememk wrote: »
    Lots of scattered cloud up here making it very spikey. 20kwh!

Although its to be dry tomorrow, its cloudy on my forecast

So much for my cloudy day... At 10kwh already.

Started horribly here today, but eventually cleared. I actually peaked at 5.2kw a while ago.

Currently at 15kWh and have added 6kWh of that to the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Was promised mostly cloud here today and even though has been hazy in at 15.7kw so far. With rain promised for next week hoping rest of this week stays like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Today was my first full day of operational solar panels, got the electrics finished yesterday. It’s a 6KW solar PV setup no battery and produced 28.8kwh today. Still have a good bit to learn about the settings and how best to optimise the system. An electric car is on the list but I’m hoping the feed in tariff scheme negates the need for a battery when that comes in later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

It's after 5 and I am still getting over 1kW from a 4.8kW E/W split. Happy days!

43.4kWh today, now we're cookin.

Zip sunshine in the Midlands, pulled in 9.6kWh though, still getting fek all from my NE string apart from short period in the morning, roll on high midday sun.
    We are now halfway between the shortest and longest day of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Anyone in the meath area have annual data on a small PV install they could share? (2.5Kwh or so)

Thanks,

Pete

Fine day today, 15.3kWh despite fairly sold rain for a few hours.

Fine day today, 15.3kWh despite fairly sold rain for a few hours.

Better day further north, We only had one shower in the afternoon and didn't last that long,

25kwh!

Nice morning in the midlands but muggy rain all afternoon, 12.2

My employers have finally agreed to me working from home, so once the good weather hits I'll be able to charge the car during the day.

Until the end of May anyway when I'll hopefully have 4 times as much storage.

Nice, my PV only charged Leaf is at 36% so I'm likely going to have to hook it up to the mains soon, got around 190kms done on PV only since mid Feb.

11.4 today after 15.2 yesterday. I have only used solar for charging my car since the 15th. But then I'm not going anywhere much these days either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭handpref

11.6 on my 5.4 east/west today.
    Finally getting production back on track ! Winter is hard on the east west set up ...
    Think the 12th of March was my first day over 10kwh since October 6th 2020

garo wrote: »
    11.4 today after 15.2 yesterday.

I dropped from 15.3 to 13.9kWh so still not bad.

16.3, altered between high gains and dark rain clouds all day, mostly cloudy when boiling kettle or cooking, I swear those dark clouds know

altered between high gains and dark rain clouds all day

Yup, nice smooth curve for me too...

548136.jpg

You love to see it

SxfosGR.png

Right, either my spark or my Solar installer is about to get his ass kicked.

ELCB tripped again today and took the whole system down.

Impossible to figure out what is causing the trip as it might only happen every few months, but it shouldn't be knocking out the Solar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

Right, either my spark or my Solar installer is about to get his ass kicked.

ELCB tripped again today and took the whole system down.

Impossible to figure out what is causing the trip as it might only happen every few months, but it shouldn't be knocking out the Solar.

An ELCB ? The house ELCB ? If so, it should be hanging off the main fuse (before the ELCB)

championc wrote: »
    An ELCB ? The house ELCB ? If so, it should be hanging off the main fuse (before the ELCB)

The one here, bottom right, is the one that keeps tripping.

548259.jpg

I actually need to confirm that it's killing the solar before I go kicking doors. It may be just that it's killing the Internet modem and therefore the inverter is offline and I don't get any data.

The straight line in orange is the gap from when the power got hit, to when it went back on.

548260.jpg

So I need to knock it off and the go up to the attic and see if it is dead or not.

16.3, altered between high gains and dark rain clouds all day, mostly cloudy when boiling kettle or cooking, I swear those dark clouds know
    And that's why you need a battery :P

• Advertisement

Dr. PhilG: That "ELCB" is an RCD that most likely protects the MCBs to it's left. My guess is it is one of the sockets that's shorting causing it to trip. It will knock out all the MCBs that go through it but probably not the solar. Your modem being down is the likely explanation. Check the reading at your inverter.
    Coincidentally I had the same problem last year until I finally identified a faulty PSU in my HTPC as the cause. Not before it took out a surge protector. Once every 10 times it was plugged in or out it would take out the RCD. Though thankfully no other damage.

Back on topic: It clouded over in the afternoon but despite that best day of the year so far 17.1 kWh.

Advertisement